Why does my fief hate me and how do I reverse it?

Users who are viewing this thread

lordboy54

Recruit
Especially my city, I even kept my taxes on "very low" for a while, just to make them like me, didn't work though. Even though its bastion of my faith and everything. I can't ask the guild master for tasks either, and currently im down to -31 and decreasing. How to I stop this, and what do I do to improve this? It's just so weird. The city was very poor after conquest, but with my leadership(and only that, not arbritrary in game reasons, of course ;P) they became rich. They should love me!

Also, on an unrelated note. Is there any way to make use of your captured cattle after raids without having to freaking grind every city ingame to sell the dead remains of the 20+ cows you just got?

That sounds very strange.

Bastion of your faith?  So I assume that you built your faith's upgrade for conversion and relations.  You say you have it set to very low.  And it's still going into the negatives?

That is very unusual.  You cannot ask guild master for tasks.  Interesting.  Did you fail a quest for that particular town do you remember?  It could be on some strange loop of constantly failing the quest.  In the meantime you can go to the mead hall and pay 1k denars to buy everyone a barrel of ale or whatever.  Should help keep it at bay.

I do not know what to do about the cows.  I think if you make a supply wagon you can auto throw all their **** in there, then send it to towns and it autosells all it can afaik.  I feel your pain there though.

MickDick said:

Bastion of your faith?  So I assume that you built your faith's upgrade for conversion and relations.  You say you have it set to very low.  And it's still going into the negatives?

That is very unusual.  You cannot ask guild master for tasks.  Interesting.  Did you fail a quest for that particular town do you remember?  It could be on some strange loop of constantly failing the quest.  In the meantime you can go to the mead hall and pay 1k denars to buy everyone a barrel of ale or whatever.  Should help keep it at bay.

I do not know what to do about the cows.  I think if you make a supply wagon you can auto throw all their **** in there, then send it to towns and it autosells all it can afaik.  I feel your pain there though.

I switched it back up to normal now. What does tax rate effect anyways? Assumed normal would be a middle ground

Tax rate affects income? Lol. Or you mean does it affect its prosperity and relation?
Well I think so, dont really know.

Anyhow, I made a conversion (Church) building and instead of conversing, it said that my religion was hated amongst population o_O? (I am pretty sure it said something like "People thinks that Christianity is just a veil and..." Or what ever. Anyone faced this problem so far?

--

On the topic, send a spy. Spy should improve relations with ANY friendly center. All the way to 21(in positive).

lordboy54 said:
MickDick said:

I switched it back up to normal now. What does tax rate effect anyways? Assumed normal would be a middle ground
Tax rate affects how much money you get every week from it.  It also changes relations.  normal tax rate changes no relations.  High makes it go negative.  Low makes it go positive.  Which is why it's strange tax rate did not significantly improve your relation with the center.

You cannot send a spy to one of your own fiefs.

MickDick said:
lordboy54 said:
MickDick said:

Tax rate affects how much money you get every week from it.  It also changes relations.  normal tax rate changes no relations.  High makes it go negative.  Low makes it go positive.  Which is why it's strange tax rate did not significantly improve your relation with the center.

You cannot send a spy to one of your own fiefs.

Ï guess I'll keep it on very low for a while then. Anything else that affects relations significantly?

edit: I don't think I built the faith thingy yet(since they are a bastion of my faith and whatnot, didnt see it as a pirority) it increases relation too?

I always build church/temple in my towns, seems to help them to keep the relations up.

yes, it increases relations, but if it's already part of your religion I don't see why you would have to, especially as a 'bastion of your faith' o_O.

On very low and still my relation has been decreased. The original religion for the city was christian IIRC, and they hated my faith. It changed to bastion of my faith randomly. Maybe its a bug? Maybe they're still christian in reality?

Yeah this sounds like a bug, if you haven't build a conversion building (I assume your pagan so it'll say like, old germanic gods, or whatever)

The good thing is the moment you start building this you will stop losing relations for being of a incorrect faith.

once it's finished, your relation willl begin increasing instead of decreasing.
problem solved.

Wait what.. I could send spy to my fief.
How is that he cant?

Sorry for late response, thats how I got my relationship high with villages when I became a king. Also,being a peasant saint aint bad either.
It gives you +1 per week I think

delavaskez said:
Wait what.. I could send spy to my fief.
How is that he cant?

Sorry for late response, thats how I got my relationship high with villages when I became a king. Also,being a peasant saint aint bad either.
It gives you +1 per week I think
I use spies very often, pretty much for everything.

I recently did a playthrough as a mass-murdering looting raping pagan, pillaging all the christian churches, and plundering countless villages.

So naturally a lot of the towns I will and do control, of christian origins, aren't exactly happy about me.  -48 across the board for all christian settlements.

I thought I could do the exact same thing.  use your spy, and send it to your fiefs that are all pissy about it to calm them down eventually.  However, with a spy in my party, I will right click one of my towns with negative relation, and I do not get the choice to send him to it.

I don't know.  I know about the 5 spy working at a time limit, it isn't that.  It only lets me send spies to fiefs that aren't under my control.

I have just tested it once again, and it works. Something is wrong here. You dont have the option to send it? Hell how? Maybe you've got 6 spies working already? So you'd have to retrieve one?

Back
Top Bottom