Why does Menavlion/Glaive not glance while other 2H do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hans 77

Knight at Arms
With the recent updates, I've noticed weapons like the voulge are much more balanced now; its chain attack has been slowed down and its speed has been nerfed. It also glances much more than it used to. For instance, if a voulge-wielder and their target are face-hugging, it almost certainly will glance. The same is true for other 2H too, I've noticed the same thing with Sturgia/Aserai 2H axes and even 2H swords.

The point is, there is now a clear and definitive "sweet spot" for 2H weapons and if they hit with the hilt or handle, they will glance.

Except for menavlion and glaive.

These two weapons still absolutely blast people at point blank range -even when their target is face-hugging them with all their might.

My question is, is this a deliberate design?

Were the other 2H weapons intended to have distinct weapon sweet spots and glance if their swing arc is too close to an opponent, while the menavlion and glaive are free of such constraints? In it's current form, every part of the menavlion is highly lethal -it's pretty much a Calradian lightsaber -and the glaive isn't too far off.

P.S. Not to get too off topic, but I'd like to add that none of the 2H weapons -in their current form, should be able to crush through. They're far too fast and rangy for balanced gameplay.

I cannot feel the difference you are describing. My menavlion is also glancing when I hit from left close range. Maybe you have that feeling because menav players can keep more distance in general.

I’ve never seen a 2h weapon glance. Voulge is one of the worst weapon in term of balance, it’s broken. Ofc the worst weapons are glaive and menavlion because of how long they are. There are 3 major problems with how 2h works:
-Crushthrough; it’s broken, and was implemented by taleworlds to give a sentiment of being skilled to pubs and new players. Based on rng so they don’t have to do much work on it, poorly added, so what we could expect from TW.
-Swing arcs: they are way too long for every weapons but you truly notice it for 2h weapons especially menavlion and glaive. Their swing arg is basically 340 degrees wide, which is totally broken given their length and damage. You don’t even need to hit the opponent with the metal part to one hit him. Once again, poor design by taleworlds. Another shortcut to not design multiple arcs and damage areas for weapons
-The speed of skey; it is way too easy to outrange your opponent. You can literally press S+D or S+A and it will cover more space in a shorter time than W+A and W+D. This is the reason why most people decide to only s key during most fights, because TW thought it was a good idea to promote lack of skill and gave the opportunity for players to just kite or outrange without any skill in requirement.

maybe it's just a personal feeling thing

menavlion is just way to0 long shortest of them are 160 i believe when you think is in glance range atually if the user spin little harder then it is not, and if you have more than 30ping it might not caught on death camera.

Voulge is one of the worst weapon in term of balance, it’s broken.

Have you encountered the voulge in the current patch? Its speed went from 97 > 88 and the crazy chain animations have been removed and replaced with much more tame and readable ones.

Ignoring crush-through and the near-360 degree swing arc (issues which plague all 2H weapons), I'd say it's a pretty reasonable weapon now.

Oh, and it glances too.

Have you encountered the voulge in the current patch? Its speed went from 97 > 88 and the crazy chain animations have been removed and replaced with much more tame and readable ones.

Ignoring crush-through and the near-360 degree swing arc (issues which plague all 2H weapons), I'd say it's a pretty reasonable weapon now.

Oh, and it glances too.
At first sight yes it looks fixed, but you can still do it if you do S+A or S+D 360s, which is very simple to do. Just give it a try you'll see that TW didn't fix much

Back
Top Bottom