Why does getting improved armour not change your speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

The weight system is pretty....odd.
At first I think your equipment had no weight, and the movement speed shown was accurate.
Then (I could be wrong here) only your active weapons had weight, so say you're holding a sword and sheathe your shield its as if it doesnt exist.
Now all equipment has weight, but inactive/sheathed weapons is slightly lighter.
I didnt even think about the improved armor perk actually but yeah you're right it makes no sense.

If I'm right, then the movement speed shown is wrong anyway I guess, since the movement speed probably means pure movement speed with zero added weight, which makes two handers even faster (since shields are pretty heavy and they dont have any) and shield infs even slower.
And I have no idea why we can see axe thrust stats when axes cant stab, and bow lenght which has zero impact, but we cant see weapon weight or if its blunt, pierce or cut.

Because it would not make sense. Samourai armor was heavier but less resistant that european plate armor for example. If you think that the armor is of better quality, maybe you should think that it can be better but not necessarily heavier :smile:

Because it would not make sense. Samourai armor was heavier but less resistant that european plate armor for example. If you think that the armor is of better quality, maybe you should think that it can be better but not necessarily heavier :smile:
Pretty sure there a no samurais in Bannerlord

Also, samurai armor wasn’t heavier. It was basically the same weight but with way more space under the arms and legs to allow a fast combat style

Does Taleworlds even care?
Because if improved armour decreased your speed it would be a worthless perk option. Better armour is not always heavier in M&B and that's why it's an 'improved' perk not a 'heavier' perk.

the-end-with-sound-v3-video-id473392869

Pretty sure there a no samurais in Bannerlord

Also, samurai armor wasn’t heavier. It was basically the same weight but with way more space under the arms and legs to allow a fast combat style
Not only it was heavier but it's weight wasn't evenly distributed. A knight plate armor would be equally balanced while for samourai torso and shoulder had most of the weight with only around 5% for the legs. And still, the European plate armor allowed much more flexibility for it's user.

Of course there is no samourai armor in the game. My point is that technology or quality allows better armor without being heavier, as long as you invest in it. Which in the game would mean that you could have a better armor without having more weight on your shoulders :smile:

If you even bothered to glance at the outfit changes you'd see that the improved armour is heavier. It goes from cloth boots to metal ones, for example.

If you even bothered to glance at the outfit changes you'd see that the improved armour is heavier. It goes from cloth boots to metal ones, for example.
But the change is not enough to change the speed. This is especially seen when savage or berserker get better armor.
Also, better armor means weaker, hence lighter, weapon

Not only it was heavier but it's weight wasn't evenly distributed. A knight plate armor would be equally balanced while for samourai torso and shoulder had most of the weight with only around 5% for the legs. And still, the European plate armor allowed much more flexibility for it's user.

Of course there is no samourai armor in the game. My point is that technology or quality allows better armor without being heavier, as long as you invest in it. Which in the game would mean that you could have a better armor without having more weight on your shoulders :smile:
Yeah surely European knights had faster movements and could move their arms like they wanted...

Just checked on an history forum: Samurai armor in 13th century was between 5 and 22 kg while an European knight armor was between 15 and 25. So no, samurai armor isn’t Heavier and the European plate didn’t allow more flexibility. That’s not the point anyways
And once again: gameplay over realism. If a class has speed + armor then it’s unbalanced.
And to keep up with the reduction of heavy infs speed I’m pretty sure it will end up like merc where only noobs buy armor because there is no way to keep up with the fighting otherwise. Given the messy footwork atm heavy armored infs will end up like the bots in SP where you turn around them and spam them.

Back
Top Bottom