Why does a village need more draft animals than its entire population?

Users who are viewing this thread

A bit of a joke, but on a serious note, why? When you start out, they usually ask for a realistic number. But when you get to higher tiers, their requests go from 10 to 45. This is really lazy as far as quest building. Is there something in the game's code that does that?

Yes they scale with your progress. To be fair though, people do need more animals than the population. Just pretend that the villages get more people so they need a better start for their herd economy.

The cow one is the worst because it just wants too many cows. You can usually find a large amount or sumpter or mule, but Cows just aren't that plentiful for what the quest often wants and it seems to make no consideration if it's an area where any cow are even produced bear bye.

The cow one is the worst because it just wants too many cows. You can usually find a large amount or sumpter or mule, but Cows just aren't that plentiful for what the quest often wants and it seems to make no consideration if it's an area where any cow are even produced bear bye.
Right. And it doesn't give you enough time that you can run across all four corners of the map.

And it's not like we have reasons to keep cows in our party. Mules and sumpter horses are good for carrying stuff so they make it easier. Do cows and sheep even breed when you keep them in your inventory? I remember trying to breed them in 1.5.9 and it never happened.

Right. And it doesn't give you enough time that you can run across all four corners of the map.
Yeah. I don't like the scaling of this quest but the cow one just seems completely un-though out like just added in cow as a possibility as an after thought. All horse villages produce sumpters and mules and most town have plenty, but only certain areas have cow villages and they only produce a few. But the quest can come up everywhere and even in clusters, where just 1 will clean out all the cows and the next can't be done realistically.

This quest goes in the "too bad" nope category for me. Sadly there's a lot of village quests like this. In fact most quest are just not worth the time it takes.

I love this quest since you get a reward of relation with the whole village notables. The "manual labours" quest burns me out, cause I have done them too much.or "train my men" (which is now easier due the steward perks.

Kind of missing the "deliver x mounts to x town). It seems this quest are rare by now. (in aserai land the best gold making quest, deliver 6, sell 4 for 5k)

I love this quest since you get a reward of relation with the whole village notables. The "manual labours" quest burns me out, cause I have done them too much.or "train my men" (which is now easier due the steward perks.

Kind of missing the "deliver x mounts to x town). It seems this quest are rare by now. (in aserai land the best gold making quest, deliver 6, sell 4 for 5k)
I didn't catch that you get it it with all, that does make it more appetizing! Of course I still can't pull 40 cows out on demand! When I have towns I'll start stock piling them, but even then I get enough to deal one cow quest.

in aserai land the best gold making quest, deliver 6, sell 4 for 5k
Or sell all 10 :razz:
I haven't gotten enough criminal rating lately to get war declared on me (as solo noob clan). I don't know if ti just wears off to fast now or what. In older versions if I tried to steal horses 2 times in a row it would go off like clock work, so I wouldn't do the same faction 2 times in a row. But lately I just keep going back and doing it and it's always fine. It could be just more time passing but idduno.

I think that quest had some low security requirements and the Aserai (for geographic amd economic reasons) have pretty good security in their towns.

And it's not like we have reasons to keep cows in our party. Mules and sumpter horses are good for carrying stuff so they make it easier. Do cows and sheep even breed when you keep them in your inventory? I remember trying to breed them in 1.5.9 and it never happened.
They count as multiple units of food and I think are needed to achieve maximum food variety morale bonus, and I recall people said it produced Butter and Cheese, but never saw confirmation to the last one.

They count as multiple units of food and I think are needed to achieve maximum food variety morale bonus, and I recall people said it produced Butter and Cheese, but never saw confirmation to the last one.
They don't produce anything in my inventory and I have about 200 cows (from raiding).

FYI, maximum food variety bonus is Grain, Fish, Olive, Dates, Grapes, Meat, Beer, Wine, and Oil (+9).

edit: There is a perk, Gourmet, in the Stewardship line that doubles the bonus, BTW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom