Why do your lords ALWAYS raid villages of Castles/towns you are besieging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
Honestly, I think the headline says it all. You are trying to take a territory and your lords swarm over the villages that are part of it trying to make sure that if/when you take it, it isn't stable and it could rebel. Probably 1/2 the raids make faction makes are on territories we are besieging. It seems like it would be easy for Taleworlds to make a line of code that says IF you are besieging a holding THEN no lords of your faction should raid villages associated with it.

I think your lords to their best to destroy your faction.
I mean I have promoted my companions to clan leaders with super stats and all they are doing is only patrol around and do not create armies.

Honestly, I think the headline says it all. You are trying to take a territory and your lords swarm over the villages that are part of it trying to make sure that if/when you take it, it isn't stable and it could rebel. Probably 1/2 the raids make faction makes are on territories we are besieging. It seems like it would be easy for Taleworlds to make a line of code that says IF you are besieging a holding THEN no lords of your faction should raid villages associated with it.
Because it is a really good way of supporting a siege, assuming you're not going to actually assault the holding. You can get upwards of -120 food per day with villages raided, which makes garrisons and militia melt pretty fast.

If you don't plan to take it...don't besiege it. If you plan to take it and have already started the siege, don't raid it. Pretty sure the villages don't support the town/castle while the place is blockaded and besieged. If you plan to siege it in the future, go ahead and raid it I suppose, but not while the siege is actually going on.

You don't always have to take towns you siege, you could use that position to get more tribute or bait the enemy to attack you with full force and significantly reduce their manpower (Prisoner lords).
The AI is trying to help you and make the real siege afterwards much easier because the town is starving after the raids. The real solution to this in my opinion is to give us a way to help rebuild villages after raids, it could be an only MC thing if it is gonna mess with the balance so much. Like giving the village tools and grain + dinars and few troops for 1 day to rebuild it.

As far as getting prisoner lords, I find it easier to just see where they are raiding villages and hang out there. I can take a prisoner about every 5 minutes if I do it right. I don't mind the prisoners from other battles, but if I was only looking for prisoners that would be a good way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom