Why do women only have 1 voice set while in Napoleonic war, they have more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alene said:
Thread could be ok, some people just try to turn it into a joke. Maybe stop that so I don't have to.
I was trying to keep this conversation neutral and non troll as possible. I was expecting decent answers here because I trust the warband community wouldn't be toxic and horrible about a situation like this. But unfortunately, about 90% of the people here think that I'm being a typical feminist... It's really disappointing really. It's clearly not funny when I was asking an actual quesiton.

this whole thread is a joke lel

How is this whole thread a joke?... It's not even funny. I'm really not trying to be funny. I was asking a professional question because all I want was answers. Seriously.

In the medieval times, females didn't really command many armies.

According to your profile, you're female. Maybe you could record your own voice and put it in the game files?

It's honestly not a big deal though.

Where did I see this before...

Men have higher priority in war games because an army was mostly men. Even nowadays there are much more men in armies than women. So, they probably thought it was more valuable to put more resources on male characters. That's what happens when you have limited time and money, you need to sacrifice some details and features. They may decide that women needs more attention next time though.

Yeah, that's already been said. Please don't repeat the same thing twice.

But for real guys, get serious here. Please stop the pointless trolling on my thread. Thank you.

Sorry, Valencia.  A couple of years ago you would have gotten more sincere answers but now about all we have left is moles and trolls.  Hopefully that will change if Bannerlord is ever released, but until then expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

Here is my point of view on the matter.

MB sequel has never been strong when it comes to immersion, except when fighting perhaps. Nothing is living in towns except walkers and weird stance animations. No animals, no details, ambience sounds playing out of nowhere. Immersion-wise, everything is represented simply and so conceptual in this game, for both SP and MP.

So, sounds are represented conceptually too, and terribly bad. No variation. No tone. No personality or mood. It is their trick in game design.

And like jacob said, a good voice acting isn't cheap. You can't just do 20 female voices and get over it. If you put too much sound (Dialogues in this case.) in battles, rest of the game will start to come too silent and break the experience of players. I mean, how often you hear dialogues except of cheers, well barely. And you can't even just get away with 20 female but you need 20 male to balance the experience. So, it is pretty much a make it or break it. TaleWorlds probably couldn't afford investing on this feature for priorities. What people say about inequality between genders may also be true, since faction ladies exist in form of non-battling NPCs whereas all faction fighting individuals are males, for a RPG; this is an important detail. But, we have stuff like Sword Sisters as deadliest troops in this game as well or Matheld as companion. Whats up? Medieval facts.

Anyway, nerd details. Point is, sounds existing so formally and in such a bad quality is TW probably not prioritising it at time, when it was still a small indie company. Hope I could make my point.

P.s And, someone was saying making a game isn't an art.

I am sure good people of NW already made new sound mods
to adress this issue. If not, there are many for Native. Gotta research if they will work NW.

Valencia Ishtamari said:
Yeah, I know that, but still, I mean... there's men out there that love to play as women for several reasons. One being for social experiments (couGH), the other just because they feel comfortable with it. I mean, I understand they would find it more valuable, but it's just so awkward not hearing women cheer with her army of men... just pure silence. It's really REALLY weird.
True. If you decide to do something, you should do it right and be done with it. But we shouldn't bash them too hard, they did a great job overall. This is just a minor detail of which they probably didn't think much about.

If we tell you the facts about there being less females in combat than males in the medieval times, you tell us to stop repeating things.

What else do you want us to say?

Clearly the devs didn't put more female voices in the files, so there's only one for combat.

What can we do about it?

Lord Brutus said:
Sorry, Valencia.  A couple of years ago you would have gotten more sincere answers but now about all we have left is moles and trolls.  Hopefully that will change if Bannerlord is ever released, but until then expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

#mimimi
heartless american ****.. wtf are you, a global cancer-mod?  :lol:  :evil:

@Snazzelicious, wait for Bannerlord there should be at leat 2 different voices then ^^
OR try to do ur own little voice mod, why not? :smile:

Alene said:
the Ol Knight Heat said:
Everyone here should try warband roleplay atleast once in their warband-life. :^)

How is that related to the topic?

Because that's where Nordic battle lesbians conglomerate

Valencia Ishtamari said:
the warband community wouldn't be toxic and horrible about a situation like this
you clearly have a pretty low threshold for toxicity, i welcome you to come to the closest na pw server

HooTmAn said:
Lord Brutus said:

#mimimi
heartless american ****.. wtf are you, a global cancer-mod?  :lol:  :evil:

@Snazzelicious, wait for Bannerlord there should be at leat 2 different voices then ^^
OR try to do ur own little voice mod, why not? :smile:
See?  Your post proves the point I was making.  I wasn't even speaking to or about you, yet you felt the need to troll instead of giving a helpful answer to Valencia like the three people above you.  If Bannerlord can change the mood of the community, it can't come too soon.

You are just too soft on people, Brutus. I would ban'em all, no way to reason with these people, only way.

Let's have Dr. Döner record female voice 2.

He doesn't talk
At all
And doesn't warband either
at all
Why are women mostly lefties? Cuz they have no rights. )

Back
Top Bottom