Why do women only have 1 voice set while in Napoleonic war, they have more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Why is it that in only Napoleonic War do women have more voicesets and have almost all of the equal amount of voicesets like men do, but in Warband and such, women only have 1 voiceset? And why is it that modders don't take the time to add in additional voicesets for women, maybe banter, taunts and stuff like that? I never really got that... it's sort of weird hearing my woman mute, only shouting the SAME thing going "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYGGHH!!!" every time, while my men go "HAAHAAA >D" "U BASTARDS >O!!!!" and stuff like that. And when victory is declared, and I press ctrl f5, they have NO Cheer. At ALL.

I don't know... but it always bothered me. Will this issue be fixed in Mount and Blade 2? I mean, come on. Let's face it, people play warrior women just for fun and variation and for the RP aspect of a strong woman can dominate a man's nuts with either their mind or fist. I mean I understand this game is based off of medieval society, but it doesn't mean they should only be limited to just one voice set... it makes 0 sense. XD

Note, not a feminist topic before you white knights go off on me. It's simply a question I wanna ask. It just made little sense to me. I sorta want my character jeering at her opponents.

Men have higher priority in war games because an army was mostly men. Even nowadays there are much more men in armies than women. So, they probably thought it was more valuable to put more resources on male characters. That's what happens when you have limited time and money, you need to sacrifice some details and features. They may decide that women needs more attention next time though.

Our mod project (Vyrn) will feature voice overs for all the 3 genders in this world. Stay tuned :3

Well thanks for the helpful and lovely answers, going against of what I originally said. Because obviously I was complaining about women not getting respect in the game, which obviously is NOT the case. They're fine, and I love the sexist nature of Calradia. It's realistic and human for that time when the game's set in.

Especially this lovely piece of feedback:

Watly said:
I call sexism!!

Brilliant. Congratulations. You are now the meme of the week.

xw9xxgz.png

(for real though, I died laughing that comment. and I agree with Ceaser. Watly should be the new female voices)

As for the ones who had decent answers,

CTCCoco said:
Men have higher priority in war games because an army was mostly men. Even nowadays there are much more men in armies than women. So, they probably thought it was more valuable to put more resources on male characters. That's what happens when you have limited time and money, you need to sacrifice some details and features. They may decide that women needs more attention next time though.

Yeah, I know that, but still, I mean... there's men out there that love to play as women for several reasons. One being for social experiments (couGH), the other just because they feel comfortable with it. I mean, I understand they would find it more valuable, but it's just so awkward not hearing women cheer with her army of men... just pure silence. It's really REALLY weird.

jacobhinds said:
Because finding female voice actors who are willing to do throat-killing screams for free is almost impossible.

http://o well u dink it isn't possible tuh get it for free on freesunds-

[img]http://imgur.com/7P04xpd.jpg

Oh... Good point.

But for real, I don't see how it's almost impossible? I mean, how is it almost impossible? I mean come on. It wouldn't hurt to find your girlfriend or something to record the noises and record them all for about 1-3 minutes? I'm sure it's not that hard to do.

It's just, it wouldn't hurt to just get a bit more female voices right? It's kiiinda lazy on Talesworld's part that sure, they have gave them grunts and stuff, but only ONE shout, and no victory shout is a bit... I felt the woman who was doing them had some kind of lung attack or something.

In the medieval times, females didn't really command many armies.

According to your profile, you're female. Maybe you could record your own voice and put it in the game files?

It's honestly not a big deal though.

Valencia Ishtamari said:
It wouldn't hurt to find your girlfriend or something to record the noises and record them all for about 1-3 minutes? I'm sure it's not that hard to do.

Voice acting is a profession for a reason, even for really simple stuff like screams and cheers. We always take it for granted, but if you want to know how ear-killingly bad amateur voice acting sounds, play Prophesy of Pendor.

Back
Top Bottom