Why do Rhodoks hide behind doors ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Selothi

Baron
Answer me that, please ... I bet if you enter any Rhodok village, you'll find that there are no doors to the houses, they've all been ripped off to have a quick paint job done on them and to then be given to some sapless Rhodok Spearman or some other ****. Seriously, wheer's the fairness in completely nullifying the effect of archers and other ranged troops on you by hiding your army behind a moving wall of wood ? I mean, how ****ing cowardly can you get ? Not only won't they hurt their little fingers by using a crossbow instead of getting into the nitty-gritty and pulling the bowstring themselves, they also hide behind doors !

This is, among other things (i.e: a rant about the lameness of Rhodoks) a petition to turn the name Rhodok in Doorok, or Dork, 'cos that's shorter.

But we can paint pretty pictures on our door shields  :sad:

225px-Balestriere1.jpg

It's only fair because Rhodoks suck so hopelessly. Even with those massive shields. With the exception of sergeants, but anyway...

Selothi said:
Answer me that, please ... I bet if you enter any Rhodok village, you'll find that there are no doors to the houses, they've all been ripped off to have a quick paint job done on them and to then be given to some sapless Rhodok Spearman or some other ****. Not only won't they hurt their little fingers by using a crossbow instead of getting into the nitty-gritty and pulling the bowstring themselves, they also hide behind doors !
:lol:

Some motion capture job for the Rhodok faction.

There's something, on a door, on a sheet of wood. And it has feet sticking out from underneath it: the Rhodok Ubersoldat !  :shock: :eek: Seriously though, they'd suck less (Sergeant aside, ****ing killing machines ... Each Rhodok sergeant is a Boromir in disguise: seriously, after three arrows, they still stand up and fight !) if they weren't a bunch of pussies. Add some cavalry, and please ... Make it so that they don't look all like identical twins gear-wise. One byrnie, one Ragged outfit, one padded leather, some kettle helmets, leather arming caps, and a few other pieces of **** that still seem to absorb most of the damage from my ****ing great axe. I agree that they suck, but I've been trying to solo armies of them, you know, sixty-odd, and they're just a ****ing pain.

Sergeants are butchers, the ones in gambesons look like they're in their PJs, and those that wield pikes wave them about like they could impress the sword sisters. What kind of army is that ?

Let us pray that they should not capture a Nord longboat. How many men could hide behind that?

Bah, as soon as the Vaegirs and Khergits learn to incorporate FIRE to their weapon arsenal, that long boat won't last five seconds, much less the Dorks within. Ah, I can already see myself orgasming to the sight of a burning longboat, filled with Rhodoks screaming for their life. Imagine Kherghit Veteran Horse Archers, or Vaegir Marksmen, with fire-tipped arrows !

I just had a horrible image of Rhodock Sharpshooters coupled with Board Shields (like some sort of arbalest and pavise in mat2d2's post).

If their was some way for that to be modded in, i'd probably have a little cry somewhere ..

:cry:

Selothi said:
Answer me that, please ... I bet if you enter any Rhodok village, you'll find that there are no doors to the houses, they've all been ripped off to have a quick paint job done on them and to then be given to some sapless Rhodok Spearman or some other ****. Seriously, wheer's the fairness in completely nullifying the effect of archers and other ranged troops on you by hiding your army behind a moving wall of wood ? I mean, how ****ing cowardly can you get ? Not only won't they hurt their little fingers by using a crossbow instead of getting into the nitty-gritty and pulling the bowstring themselves, they also hide behind doors !

This is, among other things (i.e: a rant about the lameness of Rhodoks) a petition to turn the name Rhodok in Doorok, or Dork, 'cos that's shorter.

800px-roman-legion-at-attack-31.jpg

Because they know what works.

What's so bad about the Rhodoks? Their shields make them QUITE the killing machine, and the ones with glaives(however you spell that...) are the real killing machines, killing nord huscarls before they can even get to them! So, thats just an opinion about their sheilds, but they almost always put it down, so it's actually pretty useless in close quarters, where they almost always are :razz:.

Just because you suck, don't take it out on the faction that whooped you silly.

I love rhodok sergeants, simple to train and their Sharpshooters own, they are like the best classes to Garrison, even Huscarls have a hard time getting past them.

Selothi said:
Bah, as soon as the Vaegirs and Khergits learn to incorporate FIRE to their weapon arsenal, that long boat won't last five seconds, much less the Dorks within. Ah, I can already see myself orgasming to the sight of a burning longboat, filled with Rhodoks screaming for their life. Imagine Kherghit Veteran Horse Archers, or Vaegir Marksmen, with fire-tipped arrows !

Little do you know that their board shields actually double as body boards.  I've see Rhodoks off the coast of Nordland, riding waves.  No wonder people in Fearichen are always complaining about them.

Rhodoks are great in this version. Sharpshooters are not only deadly for non shielded troops, the are also mean in melee. The spearmen soak up all the enemy missiles, stop the charging horses,  and the sharpshooters swarm and climb them to kill the riders with their picks. Then you have the sergeants to tear everyone else apart.

In my latest game I play a free warlord creating his own kingdom, free from the moron lords (damn that is hard). I have a foot army made of mostly Rhodoks and some Nords thrown in to add some more melee punch. The Rhodoks do most of the actual work. The nords are very good when real chaos breaks out.

Im sick of seeing people say  'ha ha rhodoks are ****, but this is totally unfair about them! "

Seriously, they dont have access to cavalry, and unlike the Nords, on a open field melee, they suck

Us Rhodoks only have the advantage very close packed fights where we cant be flanked, like in a siege or in a forest.

So enjoy wiping them out with your cavalry/huscarls in the field, and dont come *****ing when suddenly they become a challenge when you seige them or theyre defending on a hill.

Actually, spearmen are much more effective without the shield... seriously... and this is not due to the swing attack becoming possible, the speed and damage penalties are just too big.
As for those that use swords, they're the worst : one handed swords are absolutely crappy against armor and do no damage at all.
Glaives are fine but don't compare to great axes. Range can become a liability as much as it can be an advantage...

Back
Top Bottom