Why do I always start in Southern Empire location?

Users who are viewing this thread

fuze

Sergeant
I started new game & picked Aserai but started in Southern Empire location, is this always the default?

Just move from day 1 to the culture/faction territory you want to play.

It would be cool to have a random spawn system for every new game, but we all start in same center location.

Is there a penalty if I play on the faction that I didn't pick in the beginning? I already did quests & sort of established myself in the southern territory, don't want to travel far.

Not trying to beat a dead horse by saying "cause early access", but honestly my guess is that they just haven't added in additional spawn points based on your background yet.

And by yourself you should be fast enough to outrun almost everything on the map to get to where you wanted to start, thats what I do anyway. Some small steppe nomad groups might be fast enough, so I'd watch out for them.

Does it makes sense? No.

Yes, it makes sense. The introduction to the game tells you exactly why you are where you are. I don't really understand this confusion...

Wherever you are from, the story says you've explicitly left there, in order to build a better life. While travelling, you are captured by bandits. You and your brother escape, and you track the bandits to the location where you start the game. It's all right there at the start:

NaO2vGf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom