Why Die For Danzig? Bannerlord Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Many of my fellow hearts of iron players have seen on the loading screen the French anti-war slogan “Why Die For Danzig?”, pointing out that Danzig has nothing to do with France and French lives should not be sacrificed for it. So, this thread is using that same spirit to speak to the bannerlord defenders: “Why Simp For Taleworlds?”

My question is simple. After delaying the game, promising it year after year, failing to fulfil their promises and taking features out rather than implementing them, why do you still defend this game? It is bare bones and multiplayer is a joke. Why do you defend it? Why do you complain about people “whining” when they have all the reason and justification for doing so? Why Simp For Taleworlds? I genuinely want to know why you think this way.

If I had to guess, I would probably say there's a few reasons people may defend the game in it's current state.
  1. Some people just like the game
    • It may be hard to believe, but some people are just happy with game. I think it's fair to assume that the majority of people who fall into this category are generally new to the M&B series.
  2. Sunk Cost Fallacy
    • A lot of people have literally spent close to a decade waiting for Bannerlord - that's a lot of time to invest, and oh boy it can be hard to admit to yourself that you may have wasted that much time waiting for something that might never meet your expectations.
  3. Hope
    • People are hopeful that the game will get better, I think we all fall into this category to some degree - we all want Bannerlord to be the best game it can be.

It is undeniable that we should already have more significant improvements in gameplay and immersion.
Bannerlord is a jewel that needs to be polished... Until the definitive version is released, I have hope.

My signature says what I still hope to see in Bannerlord.

Every time i criticize Taleworlds is in the hope of making the game better, sometimes people get so mad that they take things personally and start to rage unfairly against individuals instead of giving constructive feedback and this kinda of thing only distracts us all from the real problems of the game and push the devs away from interacting with us and taking our feedback serious.

I criticize things that i find wrong or that need improvement because i love this series and want to see it realizing it's full potential, if i didn't liked this game or had lost interest i would simply move on to something else.

We can praise things that they do right at the same time we criticize things that are still wrong/missing etc unlike some people that seem to think that praising even one little small thing they did right will make the devs comfortable and so the pressure will ease and they will abandon the game or something like that.

I don't disregard the possibility of some employees using alt-accounts to counter criticism. I just hope they didn't go that low. Even mexxico as a dev is voicing how it has been a disappointing process and it's normal to have such response, also pointed at the lack of competition, he voiced exactly my opinions. Without a competitor they simply have no reason to do better, they already filled their pockets because of fans buying the game on day 1 and most of the people held it thinking it would become better over time (even tho I started criticising early I had that hope too). At the moment, I don't think it'll get better over time and what we got now is pretty much what we will get at the "release". I thought modders would do it justice the TW won't but even they are unhappy. We are talking around 10 years, people who were in high school then, now have children going to pre-school and we still get... whatever this is. Whoever questions the negative response TW is getting at this point isn't genuine in my opinion.

Well then good for you, give your feedback about it, which part you liked and why etc. to the TW but don't intervene other people's criticisms. That's it. Why the drama?
I'm already 55 years old, when I was a child I played battles with beans against chickpeas,or else, I did military formations with it, then I went on to Airfix soldiers tinny toys, I think that was the name of the brand, was a great update at the time,it means I was used to making my own toys . Now I simply take what I have, the Bannerlord s game, add the Mods I think I'll need, and they are many, from Veteran start, Garrisons 4.0, Expanded Calardia, Party AI Overhaul, Looting looters, more stellment actions, distinguish service, etc etc, etc, I mean dozens of mods, and I made a game that fulfills my expectations. I really enjoyed it, I'm training my troops against looters, I like to shoot them in the back as they run, it's like playing space invaders, I like travel across the map trading etc. I really have fun with the game as it is . And I'm still in the 1.5.8, as you see I don't stress about what the game could be but I enjoy what I have.

I m not defending the game I really like the game, and I ask everyone's forgiveness for this.
I like it too, warts and all. I play with and without mods (shoutout to Calradia Expanded & CE Kingdoms) and find lots of hours of enjoyment.
There is a lot of potential for improvement but I think that attacking Taleworlds or individuals working for the company is counterproductive. A classic example of playing the man instead of the ball.

I love the game personally. I got addicted when I learned that modding was much easier to get into (status: not talking about internal modifiers, I'm talking about baby yml edits). I liked that you could easily make your own troops, weapons and so forth (granted the process for weapons were kinda annoying but I enjoyed making ****ty naginatas). I was a bit of a cheater so one of my favorite things was making OP troops for myself. At one point I made a female troop tree, eastern-themed but it needed more work and I cba to return to it. That's exactly what I wanted, because I remember playing Perisno and having those Household Guards you can customize the gear of, though with the latest patch, I really do not enjoy the "quality assessment" thing, too much of a cockblock. It's TOo Op, so what it's a SP game.

The problem is, *sad* I can't play Bannerlord without at least 25 mods and.. I struggle to find the time to sit down and find compatible mods for the perfect patch (which right now I'll force myself to try on 1.6.0 in a few days, giving time for mods to update), so I just don't play.

That being said. Bannerlord could be so much more. Sooo much more. Communication could be better. Sooo much better. I digress, though. I've participated in community drama before. I tire of it. So as a result, I try to find time to play.. but also just focus on playing other games, recently Warband mods (although I am running that game dry by now).

If I had to guess, I would probably say there's a few reasons people may defend the game in it's current state.
  1. Some people just like the game
    • It may be hard to believe, but some people are just happy with game. I think it's fair to assume that the majority of people who fall into this category are generally new to the M&B series.
  2. Sunk Cost Fallacy
    • A lot of people have literally spent close to a decade waiting for Bannerlord - that's a lot of time to invest, and oh boy it can be hard to admit to yourself that you may have wasted that much time waiting for something that might never meet your expectations.
  3. Hope
    • People are hopeful that the game will get better, I think we all fall into this category to some degree - we all want Bannerlord to be the best game it can be.
Tbh I think this sums it up pretty well. It’s just sad that’s the way it is, you know? These are all easily refutable points. I’m still hopeful for bannerlord (idk why, I’m like an abused wife going back time and time again after husband whips me) that sometime it may be good. But, who knows. I have a feeling that we will be surprised with how much they have to disappoint us with in the future.

I love the game personally. I got addicted when I learned that modding was much easier to get into (status: not talking about internal modifiers, I'm talking about baby yml edits). I liked that you could easily make your own troops, weapons and so forth (granted the process for weapons were kinda annoying but I enjoyed making ****ty naginatas). I was a bit of a cheater so one of my favorite things was making OP troops for myself. At one point I made a female troop tree, eastern-themed but it needed more work and I cba to return to it. That's exactly what I wanted, because I remember playing Perisno and having those Household Guards you can customize the gear of, though with the latest patch, I really do not enjoy the "quality assessment" thing, too much of a cockblock. It's TOo Op, so what it's a SP game.

The problem is, *sad* I can't play Bannerlord without at least 25 mods and.. I struggle to find the time to sit down and find compatible mods for the perfect patch (which right now I'll force myself to try on 1.6.0 in a few days, giving time for mods to update), so I just don't play.

That being said. Bannerlord could be so much more. Sooo much more. Communication could be better. Sooo much better. I digress, though. I've participated in community drama before. I tire of it. So as a result, I try to find time to play.. but also just focus on playing other games, recently Warband mods (although I am running that game dry by now).
Mods are part of any game, at least almost, skyrim or Total War games without mods aren't what they are right now.

I'm fairly certain that people simping for TW haven't played Warband.
I have and I like it. Along with Viking conquest and the original mount and blade.

I agree with maelstrom, it has its faults and you need mods to fix current problems. But my first actual battle watching hundreds of npcs slugging it out against one another for the control of the field while me a struggling fighter just trying to survive the fight, and with pretty decent models and graphics against the setting sun was all I needed to be hooked. I like warband, but having to fight wave after wave after wave in battles or sieges while trying to survive and direct fights gets boring, and the older models and clunky ui and menus don't do it for me no more. Plus I never understood how pre battle parts worked. The mods were fun but I taken a fancy to eagle rising with some rome total war music myself. Or a full late medieval run with Swabian Armory. But when 1.6 comes out stable I do want to do another modless run.

Mind you this isn't my first ea game, star citizen, factorio, satisfactory, etc so I do know what the process is like.

How is someone who is posting their hours in Bannerlord + saying how much they like it and asking forgiveness considered drama?

Where popcorn?
Usually I'm negative and I like trolling, but with all those hours I don't have a chance, I really have to admit that this game was for me the most pleasant surprise in recent years. Of course I would also like some depth, at the level of total war not at the level of Europe Universalis,I also find it strange and annoying that no one, with the exception of Radgos, asks me for anything during the entire game, all interaction with the world has to come from me.
PS:And a annoying companion that dislike my village raids.

Back
Top Bottom