Why did you just let captain mode slowly die from launch?

Users who are viewing this thread

MonkeyTazer

Recruit
Captain mode was just as populated, if not more, than skirmish in the first month or two ( skirmish is just a walmart version of mordhau, tbh ). You continuously rain content and balance patches onto an already saturated game mode genre (skirmish), there are so many games out there that do skirmish mode better than you guys do. Then you come up with this totally unique and amazing game mode that nobody else has, captain mode, and you just kick it to the gutter straight from launch for reasons???

It has been about half a year and you have provided nothing to captain mode, other than taking away a map and creating a "balance" patch for skirmish that also applies to captain and made captain mode a ghost town. You made archers and throwables and lances complete garbage in the hands of AI, now there is absolutely no counter play at all to straight shock troop meta. If you play anything outside of the infantry ball you will lose 100% of the time no matter what factions are playing. It made a dying game mode completely dead in one fell swoop. All the clans in captains league have quit, there will not be another league or tournament because we are all finally bored of playing the same maps, with the same meta (infantry only), and doing the same **** since launch.

As soon as someone makes their own captain mode genre game, and actually put time and effort into it, you will lose your whole captain population immediately. What is left of it anyway... if anything.

Just wanna say that I agree with the sentiment that captain mode has seen a lack of dedicated attention since EA launched, compared to skirmish.
We will still continue to have tournaments and events in the future for Captains League, but we are waiting for the captain balance patch as the game-mode currently is not in a stable or balanced state. Once some significant changes are made to the mode and it is once again in a relatively balanced state we plan on running Season 2, I hope to see the BTL boys there and ready to defend their title!

Just wanna say that I agree with the sentiment that captain mode has seen a lack of dedicated attention since EA launched, compared to skirmish.
We will still continue to have tournaments and events in the future for Captains League, but we are waiting for the captain balance patch as the game-mode currently is not in a stable or balanced state. Once some significant changes are made to the mode and it is once again in a relatively balanced state we plan on running Season 2, I hope to see the BTL boys there and ready to defend their title!

I think someone meme'd me and said league/tournaments were dead and I took it literally, lol. My bad!

this last update killed the captain mod, siege was dead captain was next i guess, they nerfed the archers, nerfed the skirmishers, they are innacurate and slow.. they absolutly destroyed the ranged units, big turn off to players that liked those units

Raining content on skirmish? What? Did I miss something the past half year or was I drunk all the time? Where's this "rain of content" you're describing? Skirmish is as barebones and full of bugs, problems etc. as captain's is, albeit, I will admit that, with a bit better balance.

The game receives exactly one actual overhaul of the entire combat system over the course of EA that unfortunately bugged out AI archers but it is obviously skirmishes fault because skirmish got 2 new maps. Maybe if taleworlds didn't give skirmish 2 new maps then the AI archers would still be able to shoot properly and captain mode would still work.

I'm guessing the OP is complaining about the 2 new maps because otherwise skirmish has gotten pretty much the same as every other mode, correct? Yes there was a combat update, yes it broke AI archers, yes Taleworlds better be fixing it, yes separating balance between modes would be a great idea, no it's not skirmishes' fault. Reminder - it is reasons like this they released game into early access and not full release, hopefully they fix the issue but don't pretend like anyone wants them to just leave the balance on how it was or currently is. If they secretly already had a perfect game this whole time they wouldn't of waited 8 years to get us EA.

Back
Top Bottom