Why did Oceania get screwed out of an official server?

Users who are viewing this thread

So around 10 minutes ago the Aus server was upped to 64 slots and after about 5 mins it was full again. Shows how many people wait by the connect button hoping to get in... And that this is getting pretty bad. I personally intend to donate to Nailgun and such to increase the size of the server further but I hope this shows the extent of the problem. Dandy out.

Vincenzo said:
I know you Australians want to play, but I really need someone to help me host a server there.  :neutral:

Vince right now the 102nd Are hosting the main Server  called Aus_NW_Server 5 minutes ago it went 48 to 64 Because Increase in numbers its hosted off GameCube.com and its like $1.75 a slot. so I think we've already got a main server we're donating to it to fund it. Becuase currently theres only one Host Provider but their a rip off, GameArena.com Might Host for NW at 99 cents a slot they do for Native & Fire & Sword but haven't updated yet. & Already the 64 slot server is full o-o in the first minutes

Vincenzo said:
I know you Australians want to play, but I really need someone to help me host a server there.  :neutral:
Buy a box, ship it to one of the players, have them run it

BEST

PLAN

EVER

Tromez said:
Vincenzo said:

Vince right now the 102nd Are hosting the main Server  called Aus_NW_Server 5 minutes ago it went 48 to 64 Because Increase in numbers its hosted off GameCube.com and its like $1.75 a slot. so I think we've already got a main server we're donating to it to fund it. Becuase currently theres only one Host Provider but their a rip off, GameArena.com Might Host for NW at 99 cents a slot they do for Native & Fire & Sword but haven't updated yet. & Already the 64 slot server is full o-o in the first minutes

What kind of box is that server running on? what are the costs?
If it's a powerfull box maybe we can crank that up to 200 slots with some finances? :smile:

Dandywarhol1 said:
So around 10 minutes ago the Aus server was upped to 64 slots and after about 5 mins it was full again. Shows how many people wait by the connect button hoping to get in... And that this is getting pretty bad. I personally intend to donate to Nailgun and such to increase the size of the server further but I hope this shows the extent of the problem. Dandy out.

Just noticed. Trying to spam the refresh button to get in, as are many others. Atleast its a start but would be excellent to have a large population on an Australian server.

Vincenzo said:
Tromez said:
Vincenzo said:

What kind of box is that server running on? what are the costs?
If it's a powerfull box maybe we can crank that up to 200 slots with some finances? :smile:

we dont have a box but we're renting one unfortunatly we're renting the server right now from CloudCube.com & its currently 64 slots but is basically always full we dont have a Proper server Box, & I think its ($1.75 per slot what cloudcube.com says for Mount & Blade. & It says 64 is the highest ammount what you can select. but maybe you can add more if you sendem a message but really I aint sure add Nail_Gun or S_O_M  on steam hes renting the server right now. for us but we're donating on loungechaircarnage.com

Hi Vincenzo,
I am a customer of game arena and currently rent a 64 slot server for Persistent World.  Game Arena recently sent me a message on my account stating they will be hosting Napolean Wars and offered to change my server to NW, so I can verify they are hosting this at 99 cents a slot.  THey are a solid hosting company and their only current down fall is that htey do take 3 working days average to resolve requests such as uploading material to server as there is no open ftp.  They are trialing me FTP access at this current stage though but it is not generally open to the public.  Their Servers are at a very high Aussie related speed and low ping, and overall over a 6 week period I have not had one connection problem, it is the most solid connection for hosting I have come across yet.  So although it can take 3 working days for a support response unless you need files added etc you generlaly wont need to worry.

I also assist in running the largest Australian community of Aussie Mount & bladers with 295 members, and we play Fire and Sword, Persistent World 4 and a recent transition from Mount & Musket to Napolean Wars. 
Before I was made aware of this thread on Tale Worlds I had been speaking to Nails the owner of Aus_NW  about increasing his 64 slot server to a 150 slot server.  I believe with emphasis on line battle events and holding large scale server events the Australian community could definately support this sized server long term and possibly even grow into a larger capacity of 200 granted it is managed well and promoted.

Myself and my community members strive to promote all aspects of Mount & Blade and Napolean wars is the latest addition to this family.  We attempt to share this other Australians so that we can develop a larger even more active community of gamers to enjoy the series and specifically Napolean Wars.  Line battles are amazing, and with a growing community behind it and the oppurtunity for a larger server capacity I am positive we can achieve something Australia has never seen but deserves.

BaronBaanus said:
Hi Vincenzo,
I am a customer of game arena and currently rent a 64 slot server for Persistent World.  Game Arena recently sent me a message on my account stating they will be hosting Napolean Wars and offered to change my server to NW, so I can verify they are hosting this at 99 cents a slot.  THey are a solid hosting company and their only current down fall is that htey do take 3 working days average to resolve requests such as uploading material to server as there is no open ftp.  They are trialing me FTP access at this current stage though but it is not generally open to the public.  Their Servers are at a very high Aussie related speed and low ping, and overall over a 6 week period I have not had one connection problem, it is the most solid connection for hosting I have come across yet.  So although it can take 3 working days for a support response unless you need files added etc you generlaly wont need to worry.

I also assist in running the largest Australian community of Aussie Mount & bladers with 295 members, and we play Fire and Sword, Persistent World 4 and a recent transition from Mount & Musket to Napolean Wars. 
Before I was made aware of this thread on Tale Worlds I had been speaking to Nails the owner of Aus_NW  about increasing his 64 slot server to a 150 slot server.  I believe with emphasis on line battle events and holding large scale server events the Australian community could definately support this sized server long term and possibly even grow into a larger capacity of 200 granted it is managed well and promoted.

Myself and my community members strive to promote all aspects of Mount & Blade and Napolean wars is the latest addition to this family.  We attempt to share this other Australians so that we can develop a larger even more active community of gamers to enjoy the series and specifically Napolean Wars.  Line battles are amazing, and with a growing community behind it and the oppurtunity for a larger server capacity I am positive we can achieve something Australia has never seen but deserves.

I can confirm this information, BaronBaanus is a major contributor to the warband community in Australia.

Catastrophic Lolcats said:
Oceania is a region that consists of more countries than Australia alone. It also includes New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and Indonesia to mention a few. It has a popualation of around 36 million people.

Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne are three capital cities of the six states of Australia. Sydney alone has a population of around 4.5 million people. I wouldn't think it's fair to refer to them as settlements. The majority of Australia is sparsely uninhabited due to worsening climates towards the central regions of Australia. The brunt of the population live  in coastal regions.

Australia has a population density of 3 people per 1km^2 ranking at 236th globally. Finland has a desnity of 16 per 1km^2, ranking at 204 globally. Finland has had European settlement since prehistory, Australia has only has two-hundred-and-twenty-four years of European settlement.

It's a known fact that Australia won the rights to use and maintain internet services throughout the country after defeating a coalition of champions from various countries in a hybrid between fist fighting, drinking and swearing. Bob Hawke, the current Prime Minster, was the selected Australian champion.

themoreyouknow.jpg
By this logic, 90% of the players should be Indonesian, and the server should be hosted there.

Unfortunately, there aren't many Indonesians.

BaronBaanus said:
Hi Vincenzo,

I love you Baron <3

Back
Top Bottom