Why can't I join the puppets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caliburn said:
nilloc93 said:
alright thats it i am going to poke around find out how to take out the restrictions and PM my solution to the guys who are complaining

i personally think its dumb that japan and puppets are restricted but wtf ever

i also think that a few of you on this forum are assholes

also stop saying things like "jap" and "kraut" thats rather offencive

First of all, it's incredibly disrespectful to announce in WB's own forum that you're going to change his mod in a way he doesn't want and distribute it to all.  What you do with your own game is your business, but flaunting it defiantly in the mod-creator's face is ******* behavior of the first order.  Where you get the nerve to call others assholes is beyond me.

Second of all, jap and kraut are not offensive terms.  They're like brit and yank.  Don't be so easily offended.

i am not distributing to all just people who want it and have said so or those who are willing to PM me about it. i would never undermine a developer.

and i am not changing it i am upgrading it

EDIT* also to the person who stated that kraut and jap were not offencive kraut (if my german is correct) means cabbage, so when you say that you are calling German people cabbage, its not that nice.

TurtleBeachesFW said:
Believe me i know what you guys are saying but you are punishing the players just because the Japanese still pray for their war criminals.
Punishing...you must weep and curse when you stub your toe.

TurtleBeachesFW said:
Kinda Childish but my question is why make a mod about this topic of you're going to restrict the playability of the mod?
I say again, the Japanese have no special features, its not like they get to drive tanks. You are losing nothing. But since you've shown yourself to have the wits of a turnip, I'll say that again, YOU ARE LOSING NOTHING!

TurtleBeachesFW said:
So please PM me if you find a solution to unlock the Japanese Invaders. It seems like all the people that are against unlocking them are either Chinese or are afraid to offend the modder.
Because the opinion of the Chinese doesnt matter?

Not surprised you said that really, you've already shown signs of having a superiority complex.

PS: Oh and nilloc, what you're claiming to do is against forum rules, not to mention it makes you a dickhead.

When I made this topic I just wanted to know opinions, please do not flame.

Anyway, I have talked to japanese people-in-government before, for japan, the war is gone, war cannot look back at the dreadful days, if you read about the perspective of the civilians, not the army of that time, they hated the war, I just don'T want racism, but it is the modder's decision, so why flame each other? It's dumb! Over a topic! What the heck! If people have something againt a perfectly civilized and peaceful country, then learn! IT'S IDIOTIC TO FLAME EACHOTHER!
But I do think it was stupid to think emperer was god.

But with that guy that said "Pathetic", I agree. With "May this topic die!", I don't know, I think I agree, this topic sucks!

DragonSlayer005 said:
**** me? No thank you, you are very Gay person. Do you really want to? I mean, that is SO pervertic! Yuck!

My point stands, you are not in a position to tell me to shut up, you having started this thread.

Oh and 'shut up', what could that possibly mean?

WB, you really should just lock this and all threads regarding the same topic in future.

Anyway, I have talked to japanese people-in-government before, for japan, (1) the war is gone, war cannot look back at the dreadful days, if you read about the perspective of the civilians, not the army of that time, (2) they hated the war, (3) I just don'T want racism, but it is the modder's decision, so why flame each other? (4) It's dumb! Over a topic! What the heck! If people have something againt a perfectly civilized and (5) peaceful country, then learn! IT'S IDIOTIC TO FLAME EACHOTHER!

1: War generally cannot see.
2: And you're wrong about public perspective.
3: Excluding a faction from a game is not racism.
4: Because they flame the modder.
5: What the ****...

DragonSlayer005 said:
IT'S IDIOTIC TO FLAME EACHOTHER!
Fair enough, he's right, but his very next post.

DragonSlayer005 said:
Tommy law, SHUT UP!

Hypocrite some?

And while I'm on that, stop double and indeed, triple posting. Use modify.

(I'm in the jobbing office, after launch)

1, I won't lock this topic, because people need a place to discuss something they don't like.
2, Actually I did planed to allow the player play the roll of invaders and puppet regimes, but not in the recent versions. You can find a little clue after 1 game day time if you somehow managed to join those 3 factions.
That will be a different game experience comparing to the other 5 factions. But only after I finished the world map, scenes, when I begin to edit the game story. That may be 4th or 5th official verson.
3, It would be better if you stop wasting your time to change my decision, or change my mod. Both are useless. If any one could have done these, he should have been success with the 1st version.

WilliamBerne said:
2, Actually I did planed to allow the player play the roll of invaders and puppet regimes, but not in the recent versions. You can find a little clue after 1 game day time if you somehow managed to join those 3 factions.
Berne has spoken! Now everyone shut the hell up. You are getting what you want. Jesus

Edit: However reading through this topic has made me want to make the map fully yellow(Japanese Invaders)

DragonSlayer005 said:
When I made this topic I just wanted to know opinions, please do not flame.

Anyway, I have talked to japanese people-in-government before, for japan, the war is gone, war cannot look back at the dreadful days, if you read about the perspective of the civilians, not the army of that time, they hated the war, I just don'T want racism, but it is the modder's decision, so why flame each other? It's dumb! Over a topic! What the heck! If people have something againt a perfectly civilized and peaceful country, then learn! IT'S IDIOTIC TO FLAME EACHOTHER!

But with that guy that said "Pathetic", I agree. With "May this topic die!", I don't know, I think I agree, this topic sucks!

Hmmmm, so your telling me I have superiority complex based on the fact that I want to play as the Japanese and dont give into all this waa waa Japanese did this my grandparents and arent sorry. Its like telling somone to play as teh British the Blackpowder mod when they want to play Russian just because they are similar GTFO and stop trying critique every ****ing thing

And I just read what WB has said and I  like that approach so I stop talking to tommylaw who thinks he is on a holy crusade to stop stupidity when he just comes across as a psychiatrist that just took one year of it in high school. I do have a superiority complex too, why shoudnt I? If Im going to try to get a point acoss then I better be damn sure I agree with it without a doubt

Im done with this topic but I did join Japanese Invaders though, I talked to one of them and they asked so I accepted but now when I recruit I just get Player Volunteers and they dont show up in  myparty.

TurtleBeachesFW said:
Im done with this topic but I did join Japanese Invaders though, I talked to one of them and they asked so I accepted but now when I recruit I just get Player Volunteers and they dont show up in  myparty.
haha when you recruit player volunteers you actually lose men

tommylaw said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Enlighten me as to how to react to this sort of thing then
Ignore it and stay on topic. His question wasn't political or personally targeting anyones beliefs on a subject. So shut the **** UP! ALL of you. Jesus Christ.
No one gives a **** what you think on these forums, and if you do give a **** than no one gives a **** that you give a ****.
I'm sorry. I am just sick of reading this bull crap.

DragonSlayer, if you want this topic closed, LOCK IT! It's your thread, you can do it whenever you like, can't you?

I really don't want to comment on this conversation, much less take sides with anyone. And while I respect the modders choice to do whatever he wants with his own mod, and thus mean no disrespect towards him, as a gamer I would be pleased if someone figured a way to remove the Japanese-blocker and PM it to me.

Again, I ask this purely out of my own interests. If I at some point grow tired of playing as the Chinese, and wish to experiment on other faction, is that not a right I posses? To modify my own version of this game, which I own, to my liking? I play this game because it's fun, not out of political conviction.

Lord Sami said:
Again, I ask this purely out of my own interests. If I at some point grow tired of playing as the Chinese, and wish to experiment on other faction, is that not a right I posses? To modify my own version of this game, which I own, to my liking? I play this game because it's fun, not out of political conviction.

True that, you can modify it yourself, but distributing a modified version might be against rules. WB already said he's going to do a all-faction version anyway though.

Redfyre said:
tommylaw said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Enlighten me as to how to react to this sort of thing then
Ignore it and stay on topic. His question wasn't political or personally targeting anyones beliefs on a subject. So shut the **** UP! ALL of you. Jesus Christ.
No one gives a **** what you think on these forums, and if you do give a **** than no one gives a **** that you give a ****.
I'm sorry. I am just sick of reading this bull crap.
Really. If some person goes around and tells jews that they should stop whining about how their grandparents were gassed and burned, I'm pretty sure that is political. If no one gives a ****, why should william even give you ****ers a mod? Why should he have a suggestions thread? This stuff is relevant because people have been bringing it up from the start.

hmm... one point here...

Although I'd like to play as the Japanese, just because it'd feel more 'complete' to me... that's not what bothers me, I'm happy with my guerrillas raids.

However, what is bugging me is you saying paying honours to men who fell in war is wrong?

So far as I remember, in Japanese culture, a strong attachment is put upon anyone who dies in battle, thats something very deep seated in their beliefs, and is about as likely to change as the Catholic Church's view on contraception is -.-

I'm sure, when i go to remembrance day in Britain, some of the names on that plaque are the names of war criminals, or men who should be considered such. HOWEVER I honour their death all the same. War, is a brutal, gritty, nasty thing, and people who died on ALL sides should be remembered, no matter how horrific the acts committed by their government.

Hell, look at the German's, i know from stores my grandad told me, many were good people... One even let him get away when he could easily have captured him. And I'm sure, many Chinese committed acts as brutal as those of the Japanese in the war. The fact is, both sides will commit atrocities in battle, and we shouldn't paint all men with the same brush... Men should be honoured for their sacrifice in battle, no matter which country they were from....

Anyway, that's the only thing that I didn't like coming out of this thread, its the modders choice not to let us play the Japanese and if we don't like we just have to alter it ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom