Why aren't players allowed to be good at this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm so first of all about your anticav hits in that video, is fairly simple to see that your attack are either to fast or to slow where you arent gettining a good hit on the horse (i belive beacuse of the missed handling range)
But are you keeping balance and fun in mind? As cavalry I was able to get away with a heck of a lot more than as anti-cav for just the same amount of effort. The "mishandling" thing for the polearm (if you think it's a good feature) feels like an argument for realism, which you say you're against. To me it just makes the polearm feel like a low-quality pile of rubbish.

(Part in slowmotion, where you get hit from behind) Thats the only part of the video i can back as something to be worth looking in to, as hitboxes in this game are broken (Shields, Wierd teamhits etc) Altough this wierd hit could have also accured cuz of desync or any other server problem.
This was a problem in Warband too, but they haven't improved upon it.

I find it quiet annyoing that shields suddenly stop working if you just realise the button, even tho they cover the part that is going to be hit.
I think it's very reasonable for the shield not to block if you're not holding RMB. It would very easy to make shields still active for a brief while after letting go of RMB. I think maybe manual blocking stays active for a longer while? It definitely was in Warband. Even though the sword clips through the (inactive) shield, you could imagine that the sword is kind of knocking it away with the force of the swing, since the infantry isn't exerting force into holding the shield up (with RMB released). But the real reason is that the combat is supposed to be skill-based, and if you released RMB when you shouldn't, then you deserve to die, and only the "mad cuz bad" will whine about it.

But are you keeping balance and fun in mind? As cavalry I was able to get away with a heck of a lot more than as anti-cav for just the same amount of effort. The "mishandling" thing for the polearm (if you think it's a good feature) feels like an argument for realism, which you say you're against. To me it just makes the polearm feel like a low-quality pile of rubbish.
It really depens what you play, playing a 6v6 skirmish (Where most maps are small) I way more punishing and harder to "get away" as cav, it fairly easy for an anticav to handle cav in that situation. What also makes stationery cav useless, is that One-Hands deal alot of damage to the horse and not even pointing out how easy it is to jump hit and kill the rider. Or on thoes small skirmish maps where you have to hide or get shot for 50% of horse hp from the archer ? Every weapon in the game has Handling, this feature calulates the zones your attack hits best, meaning if you hit to early or late your attack will be out of the zone, thoes making it weaker. I cant count on my fingers how often my horse was stoped by a wierd spear hit to the side or one that did almost no damage. Handling goes both ways, not once have i hit someone (on horseback) for like 12damage beacuse i mistimed my attack or something else happend.
This was a problem in Warband too, but they haven't improved upon it.
I mean no can do
I think it's very reasonable for the shield not to block if you're not holding RMB. It would very easy to make shields still active for a brief while after letting go of RMB. I think maybe manual blocking stays active for a longer while? It definitely was in Warband. Even though the sword clips through the (inactive) shield, you could imagine that the sword is kind of knocking it away with the force of the swing, since the infantry isn't exerting force into holding the shield up (with RMB released). But the real reason is that the combat is supposed to be skill-based, and if you released RMB when you shouldn't, then you deserve to die, and only the "mad cuz bad" will whine about it.
Well maybe you are right, but the delay between mouse realise and attack hit is instant what makes it even look wierd.

Imo overall instead of nerfing cav they should Buff infs agains cavs (With the knocking rider of horse, trash that for some reason is on lances only) and nerf archers agains cav (Or cavs against archers)

It really depens what you play, playing a 6v6 skirmish (Where most maps are small) I way more punishing and harder to "get away" as cav, it fairly easy for an anticav to handle cav in that situation. What also makes stationery cav useless, is that One-Hands deal alot of damage to the horse and not even pointing out how easy it is to jump hit and kill the rider. Or on thoes small skirmish maps where you have to hide or get shot for 50% of horse hp from the archer ? Every weapon in the game has Handling, this feature calulates the zones your attack hits best, meaning if you hit to early or late your attack will be out of the zone, thoes making it weaker. I cant count on my fingers how often my horse was stoped by a wierd spear hit to the side or one that did almost no damage. Handling goes both ways, not once have i hit someone (on horseback) for like 12damage beacuse i mistimed my attack or something else happend.

I mean no can do

Well maybe you are right, but the delay between mouse realise and attack hit is instant what makes it even look wierd.

Imo overall instead of nerfing cav they should Buff infs agains cavs (With the knocking rider of horse, trash that for some reason is on lances only) and nerf archers agains cav (Or cavs against archers)
I’ve always felt that a horse dying at full speed should do significant damage to the rider too. I can get bumped for almost 20 damage by a charger horse, but falling off one at full gallop does nothing to the rider?

I’ve always felt that a horse dying at full speed should do significant damage to the rider too. I can get bumped for almost 20 damage by a charger horse, but falling off one at full gallop does nothing to the rider?
Well technicaly he should, but when you fall from your horse you already are in a huge disadvantage as you are knocked to the ground for few seconds and melee cav isnt the greates unit either, altough they should fix cav behind able to block while standing up from the ground

Well technicaly he should, but when you fall from your horse you already are in a huge disadvantage as you are knocked to the ground for few seconds and melee cav isnt the greates unit either, altough they should fix cav behind able to block while standing up from the ground
This reminds me a bit of motorcycles. Those guys wear full bike padding and armor and can fly off the bike and slide on their ass and get away with some scraping unless they hit something. So if you're in full armor and fly off a horse I guess you might be fineee...?
But low armor or unarmored dudes flying off and being fine is a bit funny. Again, the issues of realism/functionality/fun always come up with these mechanical topics.
Vs functionality wise, If the main issue is getting the rider off the horse in the first place, then them taking damage when they are off wouldn't affect the problem that much. Also would make lower armor dudes like the kuzh and battanian lower tier horse dudes would become super disadvantaged.

This reminds me a bit of motorcycles. Those guys wear full bike padding and armor and can fly off the bike and slide on their ass and get away with some scraping unless they hit something. So if you're in full armor and fly off a horse I guess you might be fineee...?
But low armor or unarmored dudes flying off and being fine is a bit funny. Again, the issues of realism/functionality/fun always come up with these mechanical topics.
Vs functionality wise, If the main issue is getting the rider off the horse in the first place, then them taking damage when they are off wouldn't affect the problem that much. Also would make lower armor dudes like the kuzh and battanian lower tier horse dudes would become super disadvantaged.
Medieval armor, even with padding underneath, is not as effective against blunt force trauma as modern motorcycle gear. That’s why medieval soldiers transitioned away from bladed weapons in favor of blunt/piercing weapons as armor technology improved.

Back
Top Bottom