MP Why are we not using the SP Siege-Scenes? Classic Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Multiplayer is always in desperate need for new maps. And there are actually many of them.

Afaik, the SP-Scenes feature the same mechanics as the Siege-Scenes from multiplayer.
The only thing missing is the flag.

My suggestion: Put in one flag and make it a seperate game mode with 50 vs 50 that doesn't last as long.

It doesn't always have to huge fights.

+1
Let's provisionally reffer to it as Classic Siege mode. I like the idea, the sieges would play out quite differently, as defenders would have less incentive to sally out, and would mostly stay at walls, thus giving the attackers more room to close in to walls, resulting in quite tense battles i think. Spawn locations and respawn times would need to be adjusted accordingly, of course.
Quite efficient recycling of scenes too.

Let's provisionally reffer to it as Classic Siege mode.

I like that. It is probably rather similiar to Warband Sieges :grin:
Also of course, the spawns would have to be reworked, but that's still easier creating an all new map.

I want to keep this a rather simple suggestion but maybe one additional thought:
Maybe players could vote for siege equipement on the next round or players could pool earned gold or points to buy siege equipement on the next round.
I think having all possible Siege weapons with just 100 people might be a little bit much.

If you intend on using SP maps, i would more have at least 200 players.

Hmm... The reason why I'd like to have fewer players is because there is only supposed to be a single flag.
Having to many players might make it easier for some to take the flag sneakily.
Also I don't recall the SP-Scenes to be that huge.
I guess I'll have to take another look at how big they actually are and also take a look at Warband's siege servers.

Hmm... The reason why I'd like to have fewer players is because there is only supposed to be a single flag.
Having to many players might make it easier for some to take the flag sneakily.
Also I don't recall the SP-Scenes to be that huge.
I guess I'll have to take another look at how big they actually are and also take a look at Warband's siege servers.
The one flag idea is definitely a lot more fun, its pretty annoying how people sneak take flags and having to deal with them.

The maps would need to be made a lot smaller for a 1 flag system to work. Also, teamkill would have to be enabled so the defenders can't just blob up on the final flag and spam 2handers making it impossible for the attackers. But otherwise, I think this is a fair idea - new modes are always welcome. I'm thinking something like "minisiege" style games would work well for this.

See, the main reason why the maps for siege are strongly limited is due to the careful attention to detail required to factors such as; spawning location of both attackers and defenders, entry points to certain flags, amount of players..

There are many things that need to happen in order to create a siege map that can succesfully be implemented. After all, we rather play on less maps than having people being unable to get to flags due to weird spawn places and so on.

All in all it is just a very time consuming process for the developers because everything needs to be tested. Once they change something, it has to be tested because it is not sure if it will work.

I like your idea but all it does it take away focus from the main focus which is siege with multiple flags. Best thing to do is wait for big updates and see what happens

See, the main reason why the maps for siege are strongly limited is due to the careful attention to detail required to factors such as; spawning location of both attackers and defenders, entry points to certain flags, amount of players..

There are many things that need to happen in order to create a siege map that can succesfully be implemented. After all, we rather play on less maps than having people being unable to get to flags due to weird spawn places and so on.

All in all it is just a very time consuming process for the developers because everything needs to be tested. Once they change something, it has to be tested because it is not sure if it will work.

I like your idea but all it does it take away focus from the main focus which is siege with multiple flags. Best thing to do is wait for big updates and see what happens
The community would **** out what TW does in months in a week

That would actually be a freakin good idea ? Jesus Taleworlds, notice this. Honestely i couldnt care less if these maps have flaws, i'd rather have a bunch of different maps on the rotation.

Hey @Dejan , I'll abuse your kind offer to promote my own thread:
Speaking for myself only, please feel free to tag me on our forums whenever you would like to clear up something, provide feedback on a certain feature or make a suggestion for a new one.

Using the SP castles seems to be a rather quick way to implement a new game mode and a new maps the Siege community has been yearning for.

Bannerlord's Siege is great but the advanced spawns are also not very "Siege-like"
Due to the flag system defending the gatehouse is not more important than defending any other spot.
I actually don't think that most players traverse through it.
One of the great things about Warband's Siege was that the defenders could always turn around a fight by for example recapturing the gate house.
And it was nothing they were forced to do by the game to capture a target. It was something that evolved by the game itself.
Players learned (while obvious) that capturing the gate was important. They weren't rewarded by moral or anything. The attackers could just ignore the gate and find different ways to the flags.
I guess what I al trying to say here is that classic siege also felt more free and intuitive.

Spending time on converting SP scenes and an introduction of a new alternative siege game mode for the purpose of these scenes seems highly unlikely. New MP siege maps are being worked on.

The Siege mode itself isn't finalized and is still being worked on as you can see in the latest patch notes. I will relay the thoughts you expressed here to the relevant developers.

Spending time on converting SP scenes and an introduction of a new alternative siege game mode for the purpose of these scenes seems highly unlikely. New MP siege maps are being worked on.

The Siege mode itself isn't finalized and is still being worked on as you can see in the latest patch notes. I will relay the thoughts you expressed here to the relevant developers.

Please at least ask to release the terrain meshes for all the SP scenes once the game is complete.

If the developers will not do it,at least give the opportunity to the community. This would be an easy way of increasing the number of multiplayer maps by at least 10 fold.

Back
Top Bottom