why are tourney's so fubar?

Users who are viewing this thread

hello, was just wondering why a guy with no 2 handed skills and low athletics is faster then me at both. was also wondering why they still hit you directly through your shield at times and why your character in turn always seemingly likes to choose thrusting when he should be swinging? then why am i constantly having to fight all the contestants because they arent fighting each other and are placed in the wrong locations?

all of these things happen WAY to often to the point of wtf? why does the ai have to cheat?

Last edited:
As far as I can tell the AI doesn’t cheat, in fact I suspect the AI is actually holding back a bit since they could just program it to always attack around your shield or spam feints until it can get a hit in.

As for why they’re faster, it probably comes down to the fact that players tend to wear heavier armor, so they’re more encumbered than the low level wanderers and low tier troop spawns in the tournaments.

If you’re struggling to get your directional attacks right, just spend some time in the practice fights. Make sure you haven’t accidentally enabled automatic attack direction, and if you’ve disabled then, it may be worth turning the indicator arrows back on just so you know which direction you’re attacking.

naw. lol.

your companions are the give away. the same guys that you fight time after time change in difficulty no question. they change speeds, they change skills, they change block rates everything. you can see it from match to match. the only thing that seems to stay the same is their armor.

occasionally, just seems to really bother me in arena more then anything for somethin reason. and ya watching your supposed hardcore team do absolutely nothing against a team of nobodies leaving you to fight them all yourself again...

hello, was just wondering why a guy with no 2 handed skills and low athletics is faster then me at both.
TW made all units good enough at running and swinging weapons so that they could......... man I can't even explain it in a coherent way.... it's so ****ed lol, they wanted all the classes/units in MP captain mode, crappy peasant to powerful knights...... to be closely enough matched that say 12 peasants are equal to 5 armored knights or what not...... and then they used the same (or close enough) type of system for all the units in the single player game too.... for no ****ing reason whatsoever. Boy I love watching my 5 recruits de-horse and kill a enemy lord that's like level 30 with 2 millions denars of gear.... not being sarcastic, I think it's very stupid and a bad design choice, but it's entertaining as ****. This is in no way an excuse for TW, just trying to answer this "why why why?"

hy your character in turn always seemingly likes to choose thrusting when he should be swinging?
Basically you need to exaggerate to set up the swing in the direction you want and be careful not to pull the mouse towards you (triggering stab). I don't know if any weapons chain into stabs, but in general I find it a wrestling match with the weapon to just swing the direction I want and not chain into some stupid direction. IMO it's strictly worse then warband melee combat and I wish their was an option to turn off chain attacks for the player and/or block certain directions. Just circle to the right like it's dark souls and swing right to left blocking in between, you'll probably win and tourney fight doing this, if 1v1.

then why am i constantly having to fight all the contestants because they arent fighting each other and are placed in the wrong locations?
I don't know :sad: I do mostly in Khuzait towns, at least they mostly give you a horse, it helps get away from BS.

Yes, you can see low level troop win tournament. And that's a good thing.
This figure that fight is not just about numbers. TW did a good job there.

Agents make decisions during a fight, and sometimes they pick the wrong one.

TW made all units good enough at running and swinging weapons so that they could......... man I can't even explain it in a coherent way.... it's so ****ed lol, they wanted all the classes/units in MP captain mode, crappy peasant to powerful knights...... to be closely enough matched that say 12 peasants are equal to 5 armored knights or what not...... and then they used the same (or close enough) type of system for all the units in the single player game too.... for no ****ing reason whatsoever. Boy I love watching my 5 recruits de-horse and kill a enemy lord that's like level 30 with 2 millions denars of gear.... not being sarcastic, I think it's very stupid and a bad design choice, but it's entertaining as ****. This is in no way an excuse for TW, just trying to answer this "why why why?"
Well, i think it's pretty realistic, even if you are a master of your art wearing full armor and such, if 5 people with nothing to lose and empty stomachs start attacking you, my friend you are going to have a bad time. Think, 5 people. 2 can hold you down while there is another 3!! doing what they want with you. This was always like this, through all history. a single man killing groups of people its just a movie thing.

I take down entire towns by myself in Bannerlord. it's a Bannerlord thing too.

Of course, you are the Player, basically GOD if you want. The only person allowed to "play" and go beyond in games. More so in games like this. Also, bow and arrow, you are playing with "exploits". I mean, it doesn't mean anything that you can do this, but it MEANS that the AI behave more, realistic? if you want. Seeing 5 fresh guys killing a single Lord, well is expected, and i want that. Also is expected that me, the thing that can bet the AI, kill an entire town. You really just can go there and play at the same level of the AI, doing other things.

I take down entire towns by myself in Bannerlord. it's a Bannerlord thing too.

ya thats the whole thing, you can run circles around enemies and kill all day, but then you join the wrong tourney and run through the whole thing as normal until you get to some random npc with super powers who blocks twice as much and hits you through your own blocks, or you get hit through a wall of friendly npcs somehow.

i try and not cheese my way too bad, but when it comes to tourneys in these specific cases the only way i can survive these super npcs is by kiting their swings and abusing my athletics.

ya thats the whole thing, you can run circles around enemies and kill all day, but then you join the wrong tourney and run through the whole thing as normal until you get to some random npc with super powers who blocks twice as much and hits you through your own blocks, or you get hit through a wall of friendly npcs somehow.

i try and not cheese my way too bad, but when it comes to tourneys in these specific cases the only way i can survive these super npcs is by kiting their swings and abusing my athletics.
Does Realistic Battle mod change this?

Back
Top Bottom