Why are they still a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
Why are there still Board Games quests?
Why...besides the Imperial one the board games are lazy,bad,stupid and should be removed or reworked/revisited for better balancing.

The quests occupy a space that could help early game!
No paying 800 denars to a NPC that I should be able to call out or kill like in a bar fight from Warband for cheating or whatever won't suffice!
I hate this quest and it's everywhere early game.
It's so bad,atleast band aid by removing trait sink,relation and monetary loses!

Proof me wrong:

This feature is just in the game for the shiney trailers during the hype phase to make us idiots go like:

"OMG, they even have board games in the game! If they already have board games what other amazing stuff will be in the game?"
a few years later...
- added improved sheep texture

Give me a joust tourney and remove all board games and yea, I did the quest exactly one time but that also counts for other ones. Usually I´m just doing the fighting quests. :grin:

I like the board games. It gives me a reason to go into the tavern/city and see the atmosphere. It's a nice part of creating immersion. I think that the main complaint players have is lack of setting. My opinion is that BL needs more things like the board games until there is a critical mass, and the game world feels alive.

I like them. I also like when Devs - whether on my team or at another company - spend cycles on creating new things and improving old things versus straight up removing something.

How you get cyber bullied by a board game, just close your eyes lmao

I like them. I also like when Devs - whether on my team or at another company - spend cycles on creating new things and improving old things versus straight up removing something.

How you get cyber bullied by a board game, just close your eyes lmao
You'd be surprised by the amount of never ending stalling in the board games that can happen.
Especially in Battania,my god.
It's bad when it happens once,it's worse when it happens the 2nd duel that you have to forfeit,lose relation and money..

All the games are winnable if you understand them, with the imperial game an easy win.

Playing board games with nobles improves your relations with them. Again, this needs to be more impactful, not tear down all the ways you can go about improving it.

Playing the Imperial board game as you are town hoping early is one of the best ways to get a pile of cash. Why are we wanting to get rid of options? Instead, playing board games should be a way to improve your tactics stat. Give it MORE value, my less

All the games are winnable if you understand them, with the imperial game an easy win.

Playing board games with nobles improves your relations with them. Again, this needs to be more impactful, not tear down all the ways you can go about improving it.

Playing the Imperial board game as you are town hoping early is one of the best ways to get a pile of cash. Why are we wanting to get rid of options? Instead, playing board games should be a way to improve your tactics stat. Give it MORE value, my less
The Imperial one is the only one that doesn't get stuck in an endless loop.

I don't like the board game i played and i didn't know there was more than one. At the time i wished they just added chess or some form of blackjack. I don't go into taverns or cities ( apart from when i get a hair cut ) or villages there seems no point. I just click on the portraits and talk to the merchants that way. I have been i one city on my current playthrough on 1.8 to add a beard. Sad as they have put lots of work into city scenes and the like. But its up the developers to make it work to give incentive to use these location.

Back
Top Bottom