Why are the steam reviews so good?

Users who are viewing this thread

And do try to hit something from a horse with a sword in WB and Bannerlord and then tell me that Bannerlord is Warband 2.0. Come on now.
I'm finally back home and reinstalled Warband to check some other things, but I tried this out.

I can only speak for myself but it feels the same except for having to look further down in Bannerlord and BL's horses seeming to go much faster? I remember seeing the complaint made on the Discord really early on but most people seemed to adapt to the different timing/angle without issue.

I'm finally back home and reinstalled Warband to check some other things, but I tried this out.

I can only speak for myself but it feels the same except for having to look further down in Bannerlord and BL's horses seeming to go much faster? I remember seeing the complaint made on the Discord really early on but most people seemed to adapt to the different timing/angle without issue.
You get used to it, but you have to tilt the camera in a weird angle. It never feels natural and smooth like it does in Warband. Hitting people with a 75 length mace in WB is easier than hitting with a sword in Bannerlord. Also, AI misses a lot too which to me is a sign that there's something wrong with the way it is working.

I have seen some people say that it is by design because "you're not supposed to hit things from horseback with a sword or a mace". That to me just seems like a bad cope to me.

Now if it was just that I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. But add to that the weird "combos", the fact that mass combat just doesn't work properly (I hope I don't have to explain the "party hard" mechanics), the fact that collision detection doesn't work properly leading e.g. to really funky things doing a cavalry charge, and you have a system that it just subpar (and if you go through the MP forum you will find more nuanced conversations about why that is, which were of course completely dismissed during the closed beta).

If Warband had not been a thing I would be like, eh it's a new combat system, they will do better next game. For a second game to have a combat system that works worse than the first I think is just ridiculous.

Edit: also, not related to combat but I think it says a lot when this is the best way to play the game.

You guys are pre-maturely complaining about the 2% bot death. You should actually finish a new campaign and see how it goes. Most players will eventually decapitate every one anyways when they figure out they can't order vassals around or give themselves more fiefs, or make vassals take care of thier's or do anything useful whatsoever.

Last edited:
You get used to it, but you have to tilt the camera in a weird angle. It never feels natural and smooth like it does in Warband. Hitting people with a 75 length mace in WB is easier than hitting with a sword in Bannerlord. Also, AI misses a lot too which to me is a sign that there's something wrong with the way it is working.

I have seen some people say that it is by design because "you're not supposed to hit things from horseback with a sword or a mace". That to me just seems like a bad cope to me.

Now if it was just that I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. But add to that the weird "combos", the fact that mass combat just doesn't work properly (I hope I don't have to explain the "party hard" mechanics), the fact that collision detection doesn't work properly leading e.g. to really funky things doing a cavalry charge, and you have a system that it just subpar (and if you go through the MP forum you will find more nuanced conversations about why that is, which were of course completely dismissed during the closed beta).

If Warband had not been a thing I would be like, eh it's a new combat system, they will do better next game. For a second game to have a combat system that works worse than the first I think is just ridiculous.
Coincidence... I recently brought up this issue of behind the cabinet again (Previously XDaron and Silen already commented on it during the closed-open beta period - prior to release). It seems that the problem is not as minor as it was thought... ??

Why do you think the use of long glaives/menavlions/big poles on horseback is so widespread among noobs? CoInCiDeNcE? ?:iamamoron:

Party hard jitterning still a thing ingame... sadly.

Coincidence... I recently brought up this issue of behind the cabinet again (Previously XDaron and Silen already commented on it during the closed-open beta period - prior to release). It seems that the problem is not as minor as it was thought... ??
I was precisely thinking about you and your multiple threads on combat when I wrote that. Which usually are greeted by CMs with the classic "this is great! We'll bring it do the devs so that they can do nothing with it!".

The video with the horseman vs horseman comparison is fantastic.

I was precisely thinking about you and your multiple threads on combat when I wrote that. Which usually are greeted by CMs with the classic "this is great! We'll bring it do the devs so that they can do nothing with it!".

The video with the horseman vs horseman comparison is fantastic.
Hold me and tell me that everything will be alright. :iamamoron: :lol:
giphy.gif

Thanks my boi :wink:

The steam notes are worthless, you just have to see the many games worthy of the biggest scam of major studios like FIFA, Red Dead Online etc .. which are visibly appreciated by this community. it is also enough to see the many evaluations to see that there is nothing objective

you'll never see truth about bannerlord on steam or tw forum either. just bcoz these truthfull comments will be instantly deleted. wanna know what ppl REALLY think bout bannerlord? go to 4chan /vg/ and check for mount n blade thread.

Yea, every cool cat knows 4chan.

Edit: also, not related to combat but I think it says a lot when this is the best way to play the game.
That's the result of a single mechanic they didn't think through rearing its head: the ability to force-recruit.

Without that, going on a huge execution spree and becoming the most hated man in Calradia would have actual consequences. WB only avoided something like that because you just plain couldn't kill enemy lords, but it damned sure would have been the best way to play the game if it were an option there.
you'll never see truth about bannerlord on steam or tw forum either. just bcoz these truthfull comments will be instantly deleted. wanna know what ppl REALLY think bout bannerlord? go to 4chan /vg/ and check for mount n blade thread.
The thing I like most about /mbg/ is that mexxico mentioned looking there and one of his lines about the place "a bit racist but np" has become a meme.

edit: It was in this post, under a spoiler.

Last edited:
I live in Texas, if I want a daily dose of racism I just go talk to my neighbors.

you'll never see truth about bannerlord on steam or tw forum either. just bcoz these truthfull comments will be instantly deleted.
Oh, yeah, we delete those kinda things all the time. Especially the posts where people call TW a bunch of grifters. We crack down real hard on negativity 'round here.

Back
Top Bottom