Why are NA servers still in NY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes Frank as a person seemed to have an EU preference, but Frank (apart from streams) didn't really provide EU with anything but his humor (he was very much part of the EU community before being CM) and doesnt solely represent TW. Not providing NA boards for their tournaments was pretty strange, but this doesn't make EU this region that gets all the special treatment... or is the sole reason EU is alive was because it was provided a board for its tournaments and a couple of not so good severs which were never reset? It's quite irritating seeing people think EU was raised from TW, their input has literally been non existent.

TW as a company treat both EU and NA fairly, with them not really caring about either regions. Lastly, that second paragraph is all conspiracy and quite a silly, laughable one at that.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm not super interested in the historic discrepancy of treatment between regions. Rather, I'd just be interested to know if it's possible the server location could move to a better spot for such a geographically large region as NA, or if there's no chance of this happening before custom servers are released.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm not super interested in the historic discrepancy of treatment between regions. Rather, I'd just interested to know if it's possible the server location could move to a better spot for such a geographically large region as NA, or if there's no chance of this happening before custom servers are released.

Yeah, this seems more pressing. Still, it's useful to talk about how TW's disdain feeds the issue. Convincing them to start communicating with NA could prevent stuff like this from arising. Maybe we need an NA community manager? Alternatively, seeing how Callum is functionally useless, maybe we just need a different CA.

Another question is why TW is fully neglecting SA; NA folk are spoiled by comparison. That decision strikes me as even dumber.

Yeah, this seems more pressing. Still, it's useful to talk about how TW's disdain feeds the issue. Convincing them to start communicating with NA could prevent stuff like this from arising. Maybe we need an NA community manager? Alternatively, seeing how Callum is functionally useless, maybe we just need a different CA.

Another question is why TW is fully neglecting SA; NA folk are spoiled by comparison. That decision strikes me as even dumber.

I volunteer to be NA community manager c:

If they don't move the NA servers to Chicago, then I think they should move the Eu servers to Helsinki to keep things fair.
not really. I think EU servers are in France or UK rn, giving bad ping to Russians and Turks. I have better ping that some eastern europeans in EU and western europeans have better ping than Western Americans.

Yes Frank as a person seemed to have an EU preference, but Frank (apart from streams) didn't really provide EU with anything but his humor (he was very much part of the EU community before being CM) and doesnt solely represent TW. Not providing NA boards for their tournaments was pretty strange, but this doesn't make EU this region that gets all the special treatment... or is the sole reason EU is alive was because it was provided a board for its tournaments and a couple of not so good severs which were never reset? It's quite irritating seeing people think EU was raised from TW, their input has literally been non existent.

TW as a company treat both EU and NA fairly, with them not really caring about either regions. Lastly, that second paragraph is all conspiracy and quite a silly, laughable one at that.
There is a big difference between "EU Preference" and "Going out of your way to hinder the efforts of NA."

Its not an EU vs NA thing. Its a Captain Lust vs NA thing. Captain Lust being bad at his job in EU has nothing to do with him being a straight detriment to NA.

Lastly, that second paragraph is all conspiracy and quite a silly, laughable one at that.

Give me a single reasonable explanation for why invasion mode was released. You cant, because at that point in Warbands lifespan it made absolutely no sense. The game had not received a single module update in 6? years, and as soon as a matchmaking client takes off it suddenly gets one? That just so happens to break a bunch of code that was being worked on.

If it had been an *actual* update...then whatever. But invasion mode was so half baked and downright unfinished that it was fairly obvious it had absolutely no work put into it. You dont even have to acknowledge it as a conspiracy to admit that it broke an actual popular thing that was being constructed and was therefore 100% a detriment to NA.

There is a big difference between "EU Preference" and "Going out of your way to hinder the efforts of NA."

Its not an EU vs NA thing. Its a Captain Lust vs NA thing. Captain Lust being bad at his job in EU has nothing to do with him being a straight detriment to NA.

Give me a single reasonable explanation for why invasion mode was released. You cant, because at that point in Warbands lifespan it made absolutely no sense. The game had not received a single module update in 6? years, and as soon as a matchmaking client takes off it suddenly gets one? That just so happens to break a bunch of code that was being worked on.

If it had been an *actual* update...then whatever. But invasion mode was so half baked and downright unfinished that it was fairly obvious it had absolutely no work put into it. You dont even have to acknowledge it as a conspiracy to admit that it broke an actual popular thing that was being constructed and was therefore 100% a detriment to NA.

I suppose Lust also somehow managed to brain manipulate the whole TW office into his evil plan to get rid of NA?

Are you listening to what you're saying? You are not simply implying Lust was involved in this, you are implying all of Taleworlds was somehow deliberately involved into breaking the game for the sake of..? Having a smaller NA community to what end? There is 0 motives to this.

But if you still somehow convinced Lust somehow was the mastermind of this whole operation and he was the one to order this, you are obviously delusional to the hierarchy that every company has. This kind of idea is nonsense and would never be approved.

I suppose the minor balance changes released for viking conquest every months/years are also some conspiracies to "destroy" something?
I'm sure there must have been a massive conspiracy behind taleworlds fixing the workshop to work after years being a buggy mess!

Last edited:

So you think it is more likely that TW had a team on standby, waiting in case the NA community made some (!?) thing, to then release another gamemode, created specifically as a ruse in order to break compatibility with that potential NA "thing"??

I'm not sure what this broke with Grim's MM exactly but it's not unusual at all for things to need to be ported with new updates. Also, I do recall a big SP population boost coming to check out Invasion mode... I don't think the devs monitor playerbase on WB at all but if they did I don't think they would even be able to tell - which 18 players are here because of MM? And then why would they want it shut down anyways????????

The devs at large probably did not even know about the MM client, if they did I'm sure they would have applauded it. There is 0 motive at all behind this conspiracy other than you wanting to feel attacked, sorry.

I never understood why there are NY servers. If Taleworlds' intent was to place their server in the most populous region or highest concentration area of potential players, then they erred.

Statistically speaking, over 50% of the U.S. population lives in the American South (North/South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas), with the Northeast, Midwest, and West Coast making up the other <50%.

Plus, to my knowledge, most Yankees don't even play Mount&Blade.

Have you ever heard of the persecution complex? Nothing is ever 'truly' broken, it just made it an inconvenience to everyone to update stuff, there's more to native outside the NA competitive scene. Lust isn't xenophobic to the point where he'd try everything in his path to make it worse for NA, that makes no sense.

Never forget the taleworlds "community" admins banned cRPG from their forums for half a decade and wouldn't even let us promote events and tournaments because they didn't like that they did something that was pretty cool (stat map). We literally had to beg the forum sub admins to be able to advertise Strategus and our tournaments like a year or two ago and they only said yes once the game was essentially dead. Taleworlds has always been very anti their own community growing for some reason, and with them saying no custom servers until release they need to move servers to Chicago ASAP.

I mean I have friends from Westcoast who played the game and a vast majority of them are hardcore Warband vets. Despite them being super passionate about the game they stopped playing the game because the player is playing against the game. Especially with how the new update works against higher ping players it puts a player at a disadvantage. Choosing NA servers makes no sense, the only logical thing is them being cheap and trying to save the most money out of service. It feels more like a checklist than an actual job done with care. A lot of the things are done in a way where tasks are not done with actual thought behind it but instead as a checklist. Unless the entire banner lord literally complains endlessly at the developers, the developer won't give a care. Obviously this is a NA problem so it's highly unlikely they will cater to the same 50 players who play in NA. I am not sure why they are so stubborn but honestly, you never know how their budgets work. I mean they take horrendously long to push out a game, this is a lot of running costs due to inefficiency which costs the company a lot of money. They did make bank out of the game initial release but you really don't know if they even plan on producing more content anytime in the next 10 years after full release.

Never forget the taleworlds "community" admins banned cRPG from their forums for half a decade and wouldn't even let us promote events and tournaments because they didn't like that they did something that was pretty cool (stat map). We literally had to beg the forum sub admins to be able to advertise Strategus and our tournaments like a year or two ago and they only said yes once the game was essentially dead. Taleworlds has always been very anti their own community growing for some reason, and with them saying no custom servers until release they need to move servers to Chicago ASAP.
You do realize the forums is ran by community members?

Back
Top Bottom