Why are NA servers still in NY?

Users who are viewing this thread

It doesn't need to be Chicago, it can be one of many Midwestern Cities, Saint Louis and Kansas City would also could work. Even Texas the ping is better for everyone .

It doesn't need to be Chicago, it can be one of many Midwestern Cities, Saint Louis and Kansas City would also could work. Even Texas the ping is better for everyone .
True, but Chicago is already known to give decent ping for each coast from Warband. It'd definitely be a safe bet for TW, where it will at least make the game more playable and appealing for the other half of the continent.

Texas gives worse ping for everyone than Chicago. The way internet is routed, stuff from Dallas/Austin is routed up through chicago to the rest of the country. Put the servers in Chicago.

I feel like a lot of the issues would be resolved if we could host our own servers. I work in a datacenter and could easy host something on west coast

I also know several people who aren't playing due to having 90 ping from living on the West Coast. I'd imagine California, Oregon, and Washington do represent a not-insignificant portion of the potential community.

@MArdA TaleWorlds Is it possible that server locations might be moved more centrally for NA players before the release of custom servers?

EU is still TW biggest market, but it's true that they have no idea how to manage other regions.
Yeah, but thats by design. They have since Warband released neglected the NA player base. Its a self fulfilling prophecy. No one plays in NA because the servers are ****, in a horrible location for 90% of the continent, and we get no real support from devs for tournaments while IIRC there were several dev ran tournaments for EU in Warband (that NA players could play in I guess if you want 180+ ping). It takes roughly 35 seconds to find out where to put a server but they seriously do not care enough to do that. Of course EU is going to be a bigger playerbase, they are the playerbase that is actively grown and cared for lol.

There used to be a game called Warband that was very similar, and despite being the first game of its kind, it was done extremely well.

Along with a lot of other better things, it did have its servers in Chicago. 40 ping is playable, but 75/80 really sucks.

I just wish the devs had played Warband. They could have learned a lot from it.

Yeah, but thats by design. They have since Warband released neglected the NA player base. Its a self fulfilling prophecy. No one plays in NA because the servers are ****, in a horrible location for 90% of the continent, and we get no real support from devs for tournaments while IIRC there were several dev ran tournaments for EU in Warband (that NA players could play in I guess if you want 180+ ping). It takes roughly 35 seconds to find out where to put a server but they seriously do not care enough to do that. Of course EU is going to be a bigger playerbase, they are the playerbase that is actively grown and cared for lol.

Apart from providing like 4 servers for tournaments, they've only even 'ran' one EU tournament which was Battle of Bucharest (which was extremely short notice), I think because TW is based in Turkey, EU suddenly gain a whole lot of special treatment and maybe we have but I really don't see how that's the case.

Both NA and EU in Warband have been community driven, it's just that there's more EU people who play warband in general.

Last edited:
Apart from providing like 4 servers for tournaments, they've only even 'ran' one EU tournament which was Battle of Bucharest (which was extremely short notice), I think because TW is based in Turkey, EU suddenly gain a whole lot of special treatment and maybe we have but I really don't see how that's the case.

Both NA and EU in Warband have been community driven, it's just that there's more EU people who play warband in general.
Move the servers from NY you "sub forum moderator"

Just mentioning that you hold that opinion is enough for nobody to take you seriously.

Remember when Captain Lust literally wouldnt let us have a sub board for our tournaments because we were NA? I think it was one of the SLs. Roberta had to run an 8 team tournament with 120 or so players through one thread because he was so prejudiced he didnt even regard NA as part of the community.

There is also the whole Takeworlds releasing that meaningless invasion update just to break Grimsights Warband Matchmaking code conspiracy. Game goes without a single update for 6 years, but as soon as an NA player releases something that makes NA a focal point, a half baked update with a meaningless gamemode with 0 new assets gets released? And it just happens to break all of his code? Hmmmm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom