Why are looters faster, than me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Once you're armoured I have no idea how every rock does 1-3 damage. They so accurate they hit my exposed face everytime? Ever thrown a rock at metal, yeah it ain't hurting nobody for quite a while

that's not even the issue, what I can't understand is why NPCs can sprint in the arena and the player cannot. Also, the starting horse is a joke, there are infantry units that run faster than that piece of feces...

on foot - im always like the last guy to make it to the center of battle. Pretty much over by the time i get there. This AI loathes human player.

on foot - im always like the last guy to make it to the center of battle. Pretty much over by the time i get there. This AI loathes human player.
I think they plan to add sprinting, it's clear that it exists in the game (arena fights are where I've noticed it), and then we have that arbitrary stamina, which might be tied to it, but as of now, only functions to annoy you when you want to level smith

They are all marathon sprinters on the world map as well. Map speed for looters/bandits/scrubs needs to be adjusted. Not that interested in auto following them for days.

Well, they are looters. They can't afford anything, especially not horses, so they have to run after their prey all their life and therefore became excellent athletes. Duh!

Like, come on... apply some common sense.

With swing speed and reaction I enjoy the game most one setting down from the max for AI opponents. I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm glad it's an option. That feels like 'normal' or 'average' mode to me.

Run speed... ...yeah... ...definitely feel like the human player is always slower and misses out on a lot of fun combat because it's often over so fast and you fall behind pretty much anyone. I have definitely hunted for a sprint button a lot. Just want reasonable parity with AI with the understanding that you're a leader and will almost certainly be opting for a high armor rating.

they have sikrit rocket assisted boosters installed on their boots. Geared up youll need some 120 athletics to run after looters. Still far from 300. With 300? No need for horse and probably youll be running after retreating riders on foot :grin:

Lighter armor, take a look at your encumbrance, I usually try to keep it under 10 if I expect to be able to run with the same speed as infantry, especially if I havent levelled my athletics much.

Regarding swing speed, thats probably in your head. I swing faster than looters even with only 75 or so skill, all about timing. it can also help to turn your body with the swing.

Minimum swing speed is still very fast. I have skill matters mod installed and with high skills the swing are superfast. If you swing after they started to swing it is too late, high skill means that you will swing again before them. These aren't warband looters that swing in slow motion because low skills.

They are all marathon sprinters on the world map as well. Map speed for looters/bandits/scrubs needs to be adjusted. Not that interested in auto following them for days.
No. You need more horses in your inventory. I can run down a band of 12 looters with a party of +75. Horses like palfreys and Battaninan ponies speed up your party a lot. If you're not able to catch up to looters on the world map, then it is likely that you're not properly managing your party/inventory.

that's not even the issue, what I can't understand is why NPCs can sprint in the arena and the player cannot. Also, the starting horse is a joke, there are infantry units that run faster than that piece of feces...

1. Many of the NPCs have really high athletics skill. This allows them to run like the wind.

2. The starting horse isn't really a riding horse. It's more like a pack mule. One of your first upgrades should be a real riding horse like the saddle horse or midlands palfry. My personal favorite is the Battanian pony, mostly for the health.

The real problem is, when it comes to my troops. ****ing looters can kill (or at least knock out) 6 lvl units in 1 vs 1 fight. As soon as they start to hit with their WOODEN hammers, they just don't stop untill my boys go down.

What timing? I mean, try to hit a professional boxer before he hits you, use all the timing in the world, and you'll still fail, unless his hands are tied... and even then I doubt, you'll succeed.

Exactly my point. The AI knows the precise moment to swing, it's the pro not you, and all the points you have in One Handed aren't worth a damn unless you do too. One thing I like about combat in this game is that it requires player skill as well as character skill.

Back
Top Bottom