Who's going back to Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Honelith said:
Going back to Warband pumped with mods? I'm sure F&S will be just as great when it has its own mods.

But thats exactly what is selfish about it. Warbands Native was good it wasn't amazing but it was fun and enjoyable mods enhanced that play. With Fns it's almost as if they created the game knowing the community would just mod in all the additional features. And for that I feel ripped off. I don't want that to be the same direction with every MnB game having the community to fall back on for additional tweaks and features.

I'm just waiting for other mods. Fire and sword is also interesting,but I don't know that history, so...

flavius brutus said:
Here here! This is what im exactly talking about. In that topic no rules were broken the only thing they did was comment on the game I dont see how that is against the rules unless we have lost freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech does not apply to a private forum. Particularly one that's under Turkish jurisdiction :lol:

I have no problem with people voicing criticism. Hence why this thread and several others remain open. I do however demand that a certain level of politeness, respect and etiquette is maintained, which given the site is paid for by the developers, and moderated by people who are giving up their own free time to do so I think is a perfectly fair expectation. Starting a thread to do nothing but whine, rant or otherwise act like a baby that just threw the rattle out of the pram does not, to my mind at least, provide any basis for discussion nor promote what I would consider the right atmosphere for the forums. And since we're not answerable to you lot, you can either live with it or lump it.

Honelith said:
Going back to Warband pumped with mods? I'm sure F&S will be just as great when it has its own mods.
As much wrong as I find in having to make a statement like that I agree. Looking forward to mods combining the mercenary system from FaS with the recruitment from WB, on top of having kingdom management etc.
And a 17th century Europe mod would be doable as well, Europe 1200 is here, why not Europe 1600. Using FaS models for at least three nations are already made. Not to mention generic armor textures etc.

Doesn't excuse the shoddy game, but hey, I've paid for it and at least there's something pretty ****ing awesome to look forward to. If not Europe 1600 I'm sure some modder will come up with something.

34s5y1j.jpg

i just decided on that today least untill bugs have been squashed and mods come out  back to pop mod on warband

Wow..  :oops:

I think ill just go back and forth, but that was the plan to start with, play some mount and blade some warband and some fire and sword
I love mods on all em, and I plan to play this fire and sword to death but as equally as the others.

I'm no good with guns I mean there easier to aim with then in Mount & Musket but I just can't get a kill even if I get a hit.

I think a lot of people's frustration with this game may stem from the fact that they're trying to play the single player campaign the same way they did Warband, but you absolutely cannot. You will die in short order if you try to be the heroic knight charging into a horde of enemies with a lance and shield.

I can see how this would be frustrating if that's the sort of play style you've come to love and expect from M&B games (and who can fault anyone for that, as the first two games were exactly this), but personally I enjoy the new dynamic guns and grenades add. It makes commanding your troops actually have some meaning, unlike Warband where all you had to do to win most battles was send Swadian Knights crashing into whatever opponents you came across.

For those of you on the fence, I'd recommend making a character heavy in cha/int to boost your leadership and persuasion. It allows you to do some of the more lucrative quests relatively early, and you can earn a massive amount of cash fairly quickly by trading between the Swedes and the Khanate (Swedes want spices and velvet, Khans want furs) which then allows you to buy the best armor, afford a large army, and upgrade them to plate mail wearing musketeers who can snipe enemy armies from hundreds of yards off (Just make sure you give them pistols instead of rifles - much faster reload and the range/accuracy difference is negligible)

I love the Eastern Europe influences but the game overall feels like just another mod (a mod that costs money). I honestly don't see why even sell this game for a price, outside of the multi-player components which should have been added in Warband for free or at most a $5 fee. I love Mount and Blade, have for over 4 years and I'll continue to support it.  :smile:

Brother of blades said:
This "MOD" is a disgraceful rip off, and has shamed taleworlds. When I saw the reviews I was expecting a brilliant game and yet I am Essentialy slapped in the face by A mod that looks like it was built by a 15 year old. and even then Ive seen some Teens make better mods then this. I could of swore mods and expansions where supposed to expand and improve there origins.

I find it funny that mod teams such as the makers of Crpg, Mount And Musket, Prophesy of Pendor, Vikingr and PWMOD make better expansions and mods then a actualty company that do it for a job. I understand Mount & Blade said it "Apreciates the Mod Community" But Tale worlds is suckling the tit of the mod community. I'd say atleast 20% of the people who bought Mount and blade warband bought it because of the mods, and probably more.

This is the sort of game Id use its CD as a frisby for my dog. I dont understand how they even thought this was acceptable to put on the market.
You have to wonder
Did taleworlds want to utterly destroy its reputation?
Did they leave the World map making to A blind Monkey?
And who the hell was the person who said "Yes this will definatly be a improvment of the amazing games we've made" ?

This is what my last post was about.  Taleworlds didn't make this game. I'm sick of people getting mad at Taleworlds for their disappointment.

Rewjeo said:
This is what my last post was about.  Taleworlds didn't make this game. I'm sick of people getting mad at Taleworlds for their disappointment.
TW didn't make it from the start, but they involved into its worldwide distribution, stuffs from TW filmed themself and made ad. videos for it, they helped to translate and improve it, and for Mount&Blade's sake, it is using the name Mount&Blade, so they also must do the quality control!

WilliamBerne said:
Rewjeo said:
TW didn't make it from the start, but they involved into its worldwide distribution, stuffs from TW filmed themself and made ad. videos for it, they helped to translate and improve it, and for Mount&Blade's sake, it is using the name Mount&Blade, so they also must do the quality control!

TW has their name on the product page...so yes they are on the hook for it.
I think a lot of the problem is just the confusion over the nature of the game. FnS is basically an improved version of the original Mount and Blade; if it had been generally released much earlier everyone would have been happy with it. The problem comes from the translation/porting taking so long that it came out after M&B Warband when it is clearly not an evolution from Warband.

It IS better than the original M&B, but it lacks a lot of the polish and features from Warband that people expected...it also seems to have acquired a number of bugs/problems during the port which are hard to explain given how long it took.

I tried to enjoy with fire and sword, but the sheer amount of bugs is... Wow!...

So I guess I will stick to Warband until patch comes out....

Certainly lacks polish.

The bugs, particularly the glitiching through walls issue, is quite a deal-breaker for online gameplay - should have been ironed out before release.

Just don't under stand the "F**k this, I'm going back." comments. I like WFaS, but I will still go back WB for the different gameplay style + mods. It's one thing if you don't like it because of the bugs, but far too many people are complaining (in game)  about how OP the muskets/pistols are.

WFaS certainly has potiential, and hopefully after a few patches things will get better but I'm kind of shocked it was released like this.

J Awesome said:
Zatyr said:
I'm not impressed so far but will give it some more time before going back.

My stance as well. It's hard as hell, but it might get tons better.

Where are you people getting that it's hard?  Please, I haven't gone toe to toe with an army of over 100 with my 60 man raiding party, that's never been my playstyle, but I'm actually having an easier time with this getting started than with previous M&B games.  If you are really having that big of an issue maybe I could help?

asferot said:
I tried to enjoy with fire and sword, but the sheer amount of bugs is... Wow!...

So I guess I will stick to Warband until patch comes out....

What bugs are these, I played all night and didn't see any?  Admittedly I didn't jump head long into multiplayer, mainly because if I wanted that, I'd play Warband, because from what I hear, WFS is centered more around single player, where as Warband's sole purpose was really multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom