Who's going back to Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

i am so disappointed... wasted 8 quid on this when i could have spent it on something more worthy, i'm sorry but the game itself is just terrible, i like the era of this time, but everything about the game feels lost and changed, just doesn't have that magic, and why would you take out some of the good features such as marriage, building your own kingdom etc... they say this is a sandbox game but i don't feel like it is at all.. they have definitely took the sand out of the box :l

but i can say they did one thing well... misleading me for buying this ! thanks taleworlds

Archeon said:
...As normal sane person, thought progression went like this since it was advertised as an expansion. "M&B is good ----> Warband expanded on M&B and made it better ----> WF&S should expand on Warband and make it better" << This is what I thought I was getting anyway. Oh boy, was I mistaken.

Instead I paid for a scripted firearms mod and its a poorly done one at that.

Pro's
-I like the 3 musketeers-esque era.
-I like the muskets and simple firearms.
-I like the silly hats.
-Troop equipment is customizable and upgradable.

Con's
-Nation building is removed.
-Gender change is removed.
-Marriage is removed.
-Variety of horses, melee weapons, and armors have all been horribly crippled.
-Invisible walls in towns. (Towns are not actually bigger. Its just an illusion.... )
-Balance issues with regards to AI and firearm use.****
-Flat world map.
-Flat and redundant castles to seige.
-Lack of varied terrain to fight on. (No swamps? mountains? deserts? all of which Poland alone has...)
-Can no longer stay in the battle when dead and watch the fight proceed.
-Cannot upgrade units/no unit tree.
-On the world map, some bridges are under terrain/water. (Extremely sloppy/lazy work imo.)
-Castles and towns are indistinguishable from each other.
-Tournaments gone (okay, I understand for historical accuracy.. pistol duels or fencing anyone?)

****Now im no stranger to using tactics, even in Warband where it wasnt necessary. But the level of accuracy in the hands of the AI is just absurd at times. Getting headshotted happens on a regular basis, regardless of what im doing on the battlefield, other than hiding behind a hill and unable to see combat. Its also quite annoying to see flanking dragoons which you know were used against musket lines QUITE OFTEN in history... to get butchered at least 2:1. +60 dragoons and myself flanking about 70 faction musketeers so that my infantry could move in close while my musketeers harassed from the hills. battle outcome: 63 faction troops killed +7 wounded. My team. 77 dead. 14 wounded. All 4 of my NPC characters wounded. My courser died early in the fight i spent most of the battle trying to avoid musket fire rather unsuccessfully at times.

Word!

It has been barely 24 hours since game is released and already people are posting negative reviews. This is not WARBAND!!! You cant expect to "pwn" people in game that has been released a day ago.

Lets not forget that patches are to follow for sure. As I recall, for Warband to reach today's 1.134 it had to go from v1.0 over, v1.1, v1.113, v1.123, v1.132... maybe even more. So chill out and go back to playing.

Kiss_of_Judas said:
It has been barely 24 hours since game is released and already people are posting negative reviews. This is not WARBAND!!! You cant expect to "pwn" people in game that has been released a day ago.

Lets not forget that patches are to follow for sure. As I recall, for Warband to reach today's 1.134 it had to go from v1.0 over, v1.1, v1.113, v1.123, v1.132... maybe even more. So chill out and go back to playing.

Don't forget Waband has features like marriage, nation buliding, choice of the gender, a better map, a working unit tree and tournaments since beta or at least since version 1.1.

Turanien said:
:lol:

Suckers, all of you, whom bought this mod.

The 10 euros isn't that much. And this might have been one of the best 10 euros I've spend since Magika

WilliamBerne said:
WilliamBerne said:
I don't like it cause I saw some clips, both advertising ones and introduction ones.
From the advertising ones, I saw they had a good video making team, which was able to record other game's(total war style) gameplay and use that as their own CG.
From the introduction ones, all I could find was new story line and new art works. I didn't see they made any new function which demand a presentation. Such an uncreative job can be done by any Chinese cg student, but to sell it unthinkable.
Well, maybe they did add some SP features, but they were not new, most major mods had those features(and open sources) for a long time.
In one word, a mod which can't surprise me is nothing.
Am I right or am I wrong?

WilliamBerne said:
Jenbu said:
http://www.gamereactor.no/grtv/?id=10035
Really impressive :shock:
If they want to improve that mod's explosion effect, I can donate mine, for free.

WilliamBerne said:
Well, I already got some infomation from that vid.

The first battle, the siege. At 1:26, the player(TaleWorlds Entertainment's Mikail Yazbeck) clicked tab twice, then cheated to kill all the remaining bots, why? I think because the bots were trapped, and the game can't end. They knew what gonna happen once they saw those trapped bots. (Ignore the big ugly uv-map mistake at the right side of the gate, or can you?)

The second battle, the player dismounted when his horse was dying. Then all he was doing was parry forward and cheat to restore hp. After he lost the chasing enemies, he stabbed that horseman many times. What was wrong? Since many people are using that kind of weapon, whose only attack method is stabbing, it is very disappointing that there is only 1 way, 1 direction to stab. The player himself even gave up fighting back when that winged horseman was trying to kill him, cause he knew once he stab, that horseman will 100% successfully block. Why do you have to buy the engine if you change nothing hard coded?

The third battle, cool, old good AI tactics. No formation at all.

The 4th battle, same siege scene, playing as defender. The top texture of the city wall didn't even match the lower part of the wall. If you do that, you'd better keep that part of model away from player's camera, or don't do it.

The 5th battle, in the village. What a mess, 2 groups of people piling in 5 sq.m., are they fighting or watching playing cards? This kind of unorganized street fight can be easily changed to battle between regular armies, by optimizing entry point,  spawning script and AI mesh. But no, they kept it the bad way.

This is my opinion.

Oh, my offer is still available, if they want to get rid of that ugly explosion.

WilliamBerne said:
Gaunt said:
Seriously guys...If you don't want to buy a game..nobody is forcing you.

There is no reason to try and convince people not to buy the expansion, it won't help you in any way and in fact if you hope Taleworlds makes another game then you are hurting the chances of that happening.

Taleworlds has never charged over $30 dollars for a game. If you want to complain about greedy companions find someone else to complain about.

I for one have got more happy playing time out of each mount and blade and warband than most other games I own put together.
Is it possible that they see all these complains and try more harder to improve their game? If you think that IS possible, you should thank us to make your $ worth more.

What did I tell you? Although we have already complained some obvious problems of this mod, they kept those problems and sold to you.

Almost all players of WFaS will go to Warband to play mods and play mb, WFaS was not a replacement for warband, it was meant to be like a mod with a storyline.

Turanien said:
:lol:

Suckers, all of you, whom bought this mod.

Reminds me, we should have all forked in 10 bucks for the ye old 1066 mod. That had more features for 0.751 than this has for Warband.

I will certainly not go back to Warband. Fire and Sword has a large variety of hats and I can also change my hairstyle from long hair to bald just by equipping one of these fantastic hats. I also enjoy the rush of being shot and killed instantly in the first few minutes of a battle, it is much more historically accurate.

Wasted 13.49 euros for a mod, much worse than those out there.

Huge disappointment.

For those reading this forum to decide wether or not to buy WFaS: BUY WARBAND ITS BETTER IN EVERY ASPECT.

LordLulz said:
I will certainly not go back to Warband. Fire and Sword has a large variety of hats and I can also change my hairstyle from long hair to bald just by equipping one of these fantastic hats. I also enjoy the rush of being shot and killed instantly in the first few minutes of a battle, it is much more historically accurate.

Hats were always weird in Mount & Blade. I am a fine young man with hair dammit.

Given how cheap it is, I am buying it as a statement of solidarity with Tale Worlds and overall satisfaction with them :smile:
From what I have seen so far, WFaS is not significantly better than the well done mods which are out there however...

LordLulz said:

I love your comment :eek: I just love it.

I was hoping for more, especially in the beginning character creation (recognized immediately as a noble?) - I didn't expect to be pushed into a specific role. Then I got out into the world and saw that little had changed.

As for going back, yes, I am. I'll return when/if they patch it to see if improvements have been made but so far I am unimpressed.

Sushiman said:
BeanyUndead said:
Waily waily waily

You can complain all you want, it's still an expansion.

Doesn't expansion usually mean that you keep the original material or area while you're also gaining new things or grounds?
This is not connected to Warband and I fail to see it as an expansion. I'd call it a Reduction.

Back
Top Bottom