Who's going back to Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

i'm enjoying it so far no crashes or anything. not everything i had hoped for but not majorly disappointed either i'm sure the modding community will come through eventually till then playing a broken game is part of the fun! make up some reasons if you must to explain things like the empty villages. theyre empty because they are fearful of our might and that we might steal their daughters away or something so everyone is hiding

Travisk said:
Played for half an hour, crashed twice, noticed multiple features removed (ruling a nation, marriage, etc.), and very little added.

So many features were broken, as well.

This expansion was a disaster, they should have made Warband 2 or something.

Back to Warband + Diplomacy

Kinda how I feel. Between some crashes, performance issues taken out features that really should not have been taken out. It just looks like a glorified mod to appeal to the "gun" fanatics.  Wish I would have waited a day or two before purchasing. Oh well maybe my 15 dollars will go towards TW making Warband 2.

I'm very sorry but taleworlds screwed up this time and big...you have created an ''addon'' that is actually a mod and a very bad one at that. To be honest most of community mods are far better choice than your ''addon'' mod. You wasted valuable time and money when you should be concentrating on M&B 2 or something with new engine and better singleplayer campaign. Or you should be concentrating on improving bad pings that lots of time ruin gameplay. Any way you have created a MOD and a crappy one at that!

warband for sure... can't get f&s working.. avangate service is nonexistant.. I want my money back I can't even download.

HopeSlayer said:
warband for sure... can't get f&s working.. avangate service is nonexistant.. I want my money back I can't even download.

Lucky, it'll save you the wasted time of realizing you hate the game.  It feels like an expansion they were working on before warband, that they decided to ditch in favor of warband and now are releasing it just to make up the loss.  Vanilla warband is better imo and with mods there is no competition

luedine said:
Well I myself always enjoyed making my own nation the most so the lack of that feature, along with marriage, is a big setback for me in F&S, but at the same time I truly enjoy the new recruiting method and the game definitly has potentional altho it most certainly has some flaws it need to work out.

Everything else is okay except this and the bright trade window. No big problem, playable not to bad but need some patch.
It also open new chance for taleworld to get some money in the future, joint venture with mod developer, create a good mod, sell for 5$  :grin:

The problem is that it is basically a polished mod but it is released as a retail expansion.  Many of us faithful spread the good word of M&B, but that gets stomped on when this high visibility release gets treated as a game and not a mod.  Then the communities we are trying to convince play wfaS and think "so this is mount and blade?" when in reality vanilla warband is 10x better..IMHO. 

I don't mind forking out 13 bucks to for the sole reason to support taleworlds.  I hope taleworlds is making games 30 years from now.  Whatever it's done, I just think it reflects badly on taleworlds from outsiders point of view. 

Back to 1257 for me

I feel vastly mislead by false advertising and likely won't be purchasing another Taleworlds product in the future.  When I saw pre-purchase available in steam I thought it sounded like a great deal and snatched it up.  After all, it said it was developed by Taleworlds. 

The store page also says it improves upon mount and blade warband.

Not ONLY did I figure out the hard way this "game" is some sort of co-developed MOD and not developed solely by Taleworlds as steam would have me believe, but it does nothing to improve upon warband at all... in fact, features are missing.   

I can't even get past the early stages of the game.  I actually had to set the difficulty down to 1/2 because apparently tactics don't work as great in FaS as they did in other MaB games.  You can get randomly shot across the map by a BRIGAND carrying a gun and have no chance, even when you tone the difficulty down.  You're really expected to accomplish anything that early with only a pistol?

The starting cash you get is barely enough to purchase 4 troops and still be able to afford a weekly budget.  These troops are quickly wasted by gun tooting brigands.  Biggest army I've gotten so far is 20, and too bad for me, I ran into some deserters and got wiped out.  I took my 14 remaining guys and attacked a part of 8 brigands and lost, because they all had guns and had amazing AI marksmanship abilities.  Before, being outnumbered by 10-20 made fights still possible.  Here, you have to overwhelm them by a large majority.   

Once you lose the troops, getting money to hire more troops is a lot harder than previous games.  No tournaments, brigands that you can't hope to touch, etc. make it more difficult.  Most quests either send you to kill brigands, or send you on some sort of "go to this place/find this guy" mission, which gets tedious rather quickly considering quests are the only way to earn money early.  (I'm sorry if this seems like nitpicking, but did quest dialogue and objectives have to be almost exactly the same as well?) 

The map is also pretty horrible.  I know it's based off a real location and everything, but why is it so flat and bland?  Every battle map is a grassland map as well.  I know the previous maps might have been a bit different geographically, but seasons could still have been done.  There's no weather affects either, like Warband. 

I could go on about other missing features like marriage, the ability to play as a woman even though it exists in multiplayer, etc. but I don't get why this could even seem like a stand-alone game.  This feels a lot more like some sort of $5 mod DLC content for Warband than anything resembling a full game.  Both vanilla MaB and MaB: Warband have more content to offer and are far less frustrating.  I got at least half a dozen of my friends to play Warband and they all enjoyed it.  I'll try to discourage them from wasting money on this one. 

TL;DR:  If I could get my money back I would.

Agree with the above poster. A complete waste of $13+ on Steam. Now it's back up to $14 or $15 and it's not worth it folks. Save your money and stick to Warband with mods. Just glad I pre-ordered it and saved the dollar (I'll put it towards a Happy Meal at McDonalds or something). Really I wish I hadn't spent a dime on this game. There was another game on Steam I debated on buying and I chose this one unfortunately and now I feel ripped off.

I am intrigued by the town and village development. I've always want to to build and nurture, something the previous native M&B games didn't allow.

So I think in the end I will stay with Fire & Sword.

I think I'm going to just put WFaS on the back-burner for a while (maybe as much as a few months) and play some The Eagle and the Radiant Cross. Now that's what Mount & Blade with firearms should be like!

Yeah, terribly disappointed. Least enjoyable anything I've run on the M&B/Warband engines, vanilla or mod.
This was the last day-one purchase I'll ever make from Taleworlds & Co. Wish we had an option to refund.

Thrandiul said:
I can't even get past the early stages of the game.  I actually had to set the difficulty down to 1/2 because apparently tactics don't work as great in FaS as they did in other MaB games.  You can get randomly shot across the map by a BRIGAND carrying a gun and have no chance, even when you tone the difficulty down.  You're really expected to accomplish anything that early with only a pistol?

The starting cash you get is barely enough to purchase 4 troops and still be able to afford a weekly budget.  These troops are quickly wasted by gun tooting brigands.  Biggest army I've gotten so far is 20, and too bad for me, I ran into some deserters and got wiped out.  I took my 14 remaining guys and attacked a part of 8 brigands and lost, because they all had guns and had amazing AI marksmanship abilities.  Before, being outnumbered by 10-20 made fights still possible.  Here, you have to overwhelm them by a large majority.   

Once you lose the troops, getting money to hire more troops is a lot harder than previous games.  No tournaments, brigands that you can't hope to touch, etc. make it more difficult.  Most quests either send you to kill brigands, or send you on some sort of "go to this place/find this guy" mission, which gets tedious rather quickly considering quests are the only way to earn money early.  (I'm sorry if this seems like nitpicking, but did quest dialogue and objectives have to be almost exactly the same as well?) 
FS have alot thing need to be fixed, but not this. If you play warband at normal diff, you will have the same problem. Same answer for that kind of problem, get some money first, asked for collecting taxes quest and do some trade minus tournament.

IMHO,
you need Paradox's system which restricts posting to owners of the game.

I'm seeing a lot of troll posts 'this game sucks' by people who persumably haven't even tried with Fire and Sword. 

Reading all these, mostly negative comments, I start to think they just release to earn more money from the releases. It is an understandable choice in this current economy situation and the money doesn't grow on their backs either. So, why shouldn't you release an English version when it was popular in Eastern-Europe? The money they earn with that might be used for M&B 2, or whatever new game they will hopefully ever publish.

And you can download the demo, go on to level 8, and then decide to buy it right? And it's just € 10,- from the TW site. Doesn't sound that bad to me, but I still need to buy and play it though.

Schmon said:
IMHO,

I'm seeing a lot of troll posts 'this game sucks' by people who persumably haven't even tried with Fire and Sword.
I wouldn't count on those being trolls. I own the game and can guarantee you that compared to previous M&B games, this one does suck.

When free mods have more features, better graphics, and more balanced game play than an officially released expansion, that's just plain sad.

Schmon said:
IMHO,

Anyone who has played even an hour of With Fire and Sword's single-player campaign should clearly see what makes it flawed. Are you suggesting that only "trolls" who have not played the game could dare criticize it, because there are absolutely no reasons to, since it is perfect?

Back
Top Bottom