Who's going back to Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
psychopigeon said:
Men are leaving in droves, do people not like change or is F&S that bad?
They are? Where?
Here's one.

Going to play it more tomorrow and if it still feels as bad it's back to modded WB. Feel like I should give it a shot at least, eh.

Archonsod said:
psychopigeon said:
Men are leaving in droves, do people not like change or is F&S that bad?
They are? Where?
men_leaving_swindon_works_rodbourne_road_entrance_1928_2830173.jpg

People are overeacting.

This whole "going back to" or is one "better than the other" is based on the notion that WFaS was intended to be a sequential step in a linear fashion from M&B -> Warband -> WFaS. But this was never the case...

Frosty. said:
Going back? I'm playing both, since they are different and I think thats what people forget, that games are different.
It's not like it's an entirely new game. It's Warband with some new features, some features removed and guns (badly in my opinion) implemented.

Caba`drin said:
This whole "going back to" or is one "better than the other" is based on the notion that WFaS was intended to be a sequential step in a linear fashion from M&B -> Warband -> WFaS. But this was never the case...

Amen.

What about the captain mod? Does that work better than in most WB mods. I dont think Ive ever seen a large number of bots used in warband MP, maybe just one group per side. Why is that?

If the captain thing worked, Id like to see it in other WB mods. Id like to get my Napy Freikorps Regt to go cossack at times.

I'm not sure what you guys expected, I knew even without looking at barely anything that this was basically a souped-up mod from a small dev house.

I don't mind paying ~10 bucks - I'd probably pay 10 bucks for 1257 or 1200 if they wanted me to (although that would limit their audience severely since they do not have marketing departments afaik).

For a $10-$15 souped-up mod, are you really that disappointed?

Archonsod said:
vyyye said:
Here's one.
Could you take another 20 or so with you? Some of us are queuing to get on servers here ...
Don't worry, I was never interested in M&B MP and the little I played of Fire and Sword multiplayer reminded me of why, oh boy what a mess that was.

Worth noting that this was as siege server, can't speak for captain's mode.

themendios said:
I'm not sure what you guys expected, I knew even without looking at barely anything that this was basically a souped-up mod from a small dev house.

I don't mind paying ~10 bucks - I'd probably pay 10 bucks for 1257 or 1200 if they wanted me to (although that would limit their audience severely since they do not have marketing departments afaik).

For a $10-$15 souped-up mod, are you really that disappointed?

.... Yes?

Of course.. I would like to fix that statement to simply state "Mod", as Blood and Steel (love that mod!) Is something I would have paid for, easily, without a doubt. I, in fact, had a friend that bought Warband to play Blood and Steel.

Blood and Steel has the core Mount and Blade game mechanics, character creation, choice, role playing.. This game has NONE of that.. Ok you can kind of chose, you can chose to trade and win, or fight and lose... Ya.. that's choice. The game goes out of it's way to be less friendly to players with some piss poor changes to the UI.. Even the new colors hurt my eyes...

Back
Top Bottom