Who is you favourite general in the Napoleonic era?

Users who are viewing this thread

Augy beat me to it... :sad:
Joachim Murat
I love the cavalry and that dude was one crazy mofo...
joachim-murat-at-jena.jpg
He was also consistently flamboyant! :grin:

Followed closely by Poniatowski, go Poland! (He's actually my steam avatar...)
But again, there's just so many to choose from... Napoléon is right up there too, but it would be too cliché to say he's my favourite (most respected for sure though!) :razz:

Frederickson said:
Gilgameshismyhomey said:
WaffleBorn said:
William II Prince of Orange
ts.jpg
I hope to god you're joking.
let me guess... your entire view of the prince of orange is derived from Sharpe's Waterloo?
No, I have only read Sharpe's Eagle.  My view of the Prince of Orange comes from the fact that he didn't accomplish nearly as much during the wars as most other generals.  Besides leading at Waterloo he doesn't have any other major claims throughout the war.

Gilgameshismyhomey said:
No, I have only read Sharpe's Eagle.  My view of the Prince of Orange comes from the fact that he didn't accomplish nearly as much during the wars as most other generals.  Besides leading at Waterloo he doesn't have any other major claims throughout the war.
Doesn't mean I can't like him as a general

WaffleBorn said:
Gilgameshismyhomey said:
Doesn't mean I can't like him as a general
I'm not saying you can't.  I just assumed you were joking since I didn't see much reason.  If you really like him, then I apologise, didn't mean to offend.

Bernard Montgomery

250px-Bernard_Law_Montgomery.jpg

The way this guy single handedly defeated Napoleon, the Danish, Spanish, Italians and 'Merkins was completely brilliant. On the deserts of Africa he defeated the best of France and her allies even when outnumbered 300 to 1. Also the way he defended London in 1813 from Evil Space Monkeys was totally heroic and if it wasnt for him, the vile dictator Napoleon would have brought his scourge across all of Europe.

Lowlander said:
Bernard Montgomery

250px-Bernard_Law_Montgomery.jpg

The way this guy single handedly defeated Napoleon, the Danish, Spanish, Italians and 'Merkins was completely brilliant. On the deserts of Africa he defeated the best of France and her allies even when outnumbered 300 to 1. Also the way he defended London in 1813 from Evil Space Monkeys was totally heroic and if it wasnt for him, the vile dictator Napoleon would have brought his scourge across all of Europe.

Can't agree more.

Back
Top Bottom