Who is the trader that buyes all loot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Let me RP a small scenario:

*Gavin enters the town of Ocshal with his small warband. They lead forth 10 naked prisoners and enters the tavern. This is a such common sight to the commoners that nobody reacts. Inside the tavern is a slaver. He usually spends his time in here, as if it´s his business. And sure it almost is, considering how much beer he buys over time. After a short bargering with Gavin, he has bought the naked men. They obvously were crap, considering how few coins exchanged hands.*- Nice to do business with you, good sir.*Gavin said and left the Tavern. Now heading to the market. He looked at the different vendors but went past them all. He ws looking for a vendor i particular. There! The very last building! He enterered and reminded himself how it smelled and look like a bath-house in many ways.*- Hi Aldred*he shouted and a man arised from a pile of wet laundry*- Hi Gavin! What do you have for me today? Whatever it is, I assume its sweaty, stinky and broken?*Gavin smiled*- As allways! 3 carts, right from the battlefield!*Aldred grinned greedely*-Great! Here is your 600 denars! Thees piles of **** will be great for .....

GREAT FOR WHAT?!!
Who on earth would buy used, broken, sweaty, bloody and mismanaged linen cloth? Who would even loot such trash?

Looter "armour" for 600 denars, I´d assume its looted from maybe 40 looters.

If earlygame is dependent of beeing a paid garbagecollector then I think Early Game needs a remake/facelift :grin:

Last edited:
Let me RP a small scenario:

*Gavin enters the town of Ocshal with his small warband. They lead forth 10 naked prisoners and enters the tavern. This is a such common sight to the commoners that nobody reacts. Inside the tavern is a slaver. He usually spends his time in here, as if it´s his business. And sure it almost is, considering how much beer he buys over time. After a short bargering with Gavin, he has bought the naked men. They obvously were crap, considering how few coins exchanged hands.*- Nice to do business with you, good sir.*Gavin said and left the Tavern. Now heading to the market. He looked at the different vendors but went past them all. He ws looking for a vendor i particular. There! The very last building! He enterered and reminded himself how it smelled and look like a bath-house in many ways.*- Hi Aldred*he shouted and a man arised from a pile of wet laundry*- Hi Gavin! What do you have for me today? Whatever it is, I assume its sweaty, stinky and broken?*Gavin smiled*- As allways! 3 carts, right from the battlefield!*Aldred grinned greedely*-Great! Here is your 600 denars! Thees piles of **** will be great for .....

GREAT FOR WHAT?!!
Who on earth would buy used, broken, sweaty, bloody and mismanaged linen cloth? Who would even loot such trash?

Looter "armour" for 600 denars, I´d assume its looted from maybe 40 looters.

If earlygame is dependent of beeing a paid garbagecollector then I think Early Game needs a remake/facelift :grin:
For recycling-upcycling!
You know we have carbon targets now!
Funny RP scenario btw :lol:

. They lead forth 10 naked prisoners and enters the tavern
Ackshually poisoners aren't naked, they retain all thier gear. Presumable they are bound, but would have all thier weapons over shoulder still or such.

They refurbish the gear and put it in the bandit donation stockpile every town has, for when people are disgruntled they arm them selves as bandits, this explains the endless spawning of looters and bandits with no actual cause/prevention mechanic. It's just caldaria's culture. Maybe better gear is consumed by craftsmen to make new gear out of the parts, similar to how a blacksmith player behaves.

Great story, love it!

I find it fairly believable that merchants would buy our dirty, broken rags and weapons at junk prices just to fix them up and sell them again for profit.
What blows my mind is how shockingly cheap it is to sell someone into a life of slavery!

And what happens to these slaves? I've never seen them in game. There's no parties of escaped slaves roaming the map, nor have I seen them in towns or villages either.

For recycling-upcycling!
You know we have carbon targets now!
Though of including something along those lines :smile:

its ur mom
nono! My mom put a poster on my childhood roomdoor when I turned 10 - "Mom does not clean in here".
I have learned to clean my own trash ever since :grin:

Ackshually poisoners aren't naked, they retain all thier gear. Presumable they are bound, but would have all thier weapons over shoulder still or such.
Then they copy loot, I once captured 5/5 and still got loot :smile:

Linen rags were used to make paper. I guess paper is really expensive in Calradia as I can't find a single book anywhere.
Ofcurse! Who writes a book if you have to put a big banner on it, "Sponsored by Dead Looters Society"? :grin:

They refurbish the gear and put it in the bandit donation stockpile every town has, for when people are disgruntled they arm them selves as bandits, this explains the endless spawning of looters and bandits with no actual cause/prevention mechanic. It's just caldaria's culture. Maybe better gear is consumed by craftsmen to make new gear out of the parts, similar to how a blacksmith player behaves.

This must be it! :grin: At least the looters does not steal their basic gear! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom