Who has the best archers?

Users who are viewing this thread

killer-blead said:
the pistol merged out of the crossbow.
and since your suggesting a crossbow is a bow.

does that make a pisol a bow 2?  :roll:

There is no logic in anything you just said.

Ruthven said:
Any respect I may have had for you has now been lost. A crossbow, is not a type of bow, in my eyes. A bow, requires skill and training to use. A crossbow, to me, is a piece of technology, where it is the weapon, not the man, that makes the kill. Call me Spartan, I don't care, but the use of a crossbow does not make one an "archer". archer, archery, means the use of the bow and arrow. not the crossbow and bolt. So the vaegir marksmen are the best archers in calradia.

A bow is not defined by its difficulty of usage.

killer-blead said:
i figured.
i use the same logic as they did when matching bows with crossbows.

What is their logic exactly? Because you haven't shown anything logical. And who is this "they"?

Youre logic is that is should be called teh samething because it evolved from it.  Last time I checked, that's not the logic they (or I) used.

I don't know what is this "they" you are referring to, but I know that when I deduced that a crossbow is a bow, I didn't use any form of this evolution relationship.

Next time, you should understand teh logic first before you try to claim to know what it is and replicate it.

And also, don't try to make up logic and pretend other people are using it when they aren't. That is intellectually dishonest.

Until you can provide a document that shows this "they" are using the logic you claim "they" used, then stop posting b.s.

Code:
bow {
      crossbow {
                  hand-drawn {}
                  lever (goatsfoot) {}
                  crank  {}
                  windlass {}
      }
      handbow {
                  selfbow {
                             recurve {}
                             simple ("D") {
                                             longbow
                             }
                  }
                  composite {
                              recurve {}
                              simple {}
                  }
      }
}

Any questions?

ttsec said:
killer-blead said:
i figured.
i use the same logic as they did when matching bows with crossbows.

What is their logic exactly? Because you haven't shown anything logical. And who is this "they"?

Youre logic is that is should be called teh samething because it evolved from it.  Last time I checked, that's not the logic they (or I) used.

I don't know what is this "they" you are referring to, but I know that when I deduced that a crossbow is a bow, I didn't use any form of this evolution relationship.

Next time, you should understand teh logic first before you try to claim to know what it is and replicate it.

And also, don't try to make up logic and pretend other people are using it when they aren't. That is intellectually dishonest.

Until you can provide a document that shows this "they" are using the logic you claim "they" used, then stop posting b.s.
you know, your saying alot. but since you don't know who "they" are i suggest reading the topic before you reply on something.
you can't just jump in a conversation and think your right.

killer-blead said:
you know, your saying alot. but since you don't know who "they" are i suggest reading the topic before you reply on something.

So, if following your advice, "they" would be referring to the archers. I've got tough news for you. The archers in this game are not real people and don't form logical opinoins.

You know how in English class in grade school, your teachers tell you not to use pronouns without specifying their reference. This is one of those times to listen to those teachers.

ttsec said:
killer-blead said:

So, if following your advice, "they" would be referring to the archers. I've got tough news for you. The archers in this game are not real people and don't form logical opinoins.

You know how in English class in grade school, your teachers tell you not to use pronouns without specifying their reference. This is one of those times to listen to those teachers.
utterfail..

haven't you realized (clearly didn't read the topic) that i meant the people saying a crossbow is a bow, and not some archers in a game??

how on earth did you thought i meant archers?

killer-blead said:
utterfail..

haven't you realized (clearly didn't read the topic) that i meant the people saying a crossbow is a bow, and not some archers in a game??

Topic: "Who has the best archers?"

You referred me to the topic right?

Anyways, now the "they" is taken care of, please provide documentation that proves they are using the logic you claim they are using, that is, the logic that crossbows are bows because they "merged" therefrom.

By the way, it makes no logical sense one thing to merge from one other thing, because you need at least two things to begin with in order to merge into a third thing. That is why I said your post had no logic at all. I take it that you don't realy mean "merge" do you?

killer-blead said:
Yes sir! How on earth could you possibly thought he meant archers? His writing is quite clear!

On the actual subject, I believe that the Kingdom of Rhodocks has the best archers now.

theguruofreason said:
killer-blead said:
Yes sir! How on earth could you possibly thought he meant archers? His writing is quite clear!

On the actual subject, I believe that the Kingdom of Rhodocks has the best archers now.
your right. we are going out of topic.

i still think veagirs have the best archers.

killer-blead said:
your right. we are going out of topic.

Then why did you tell me the "they" referred to the topic?

Now you say you were going out of topic?

Make up your mind.

I think the Rhodok Sharpshooters are the best for me, mainly because I like the way they look, and they have swords and shields as well, so they can hold their own in melee. I remember a group of 11 Rhodok Sharpshooters killed 31 (including me) of my Rhodok troops who were pretty far along in the upgrade line.

Vaegir archers are pretty good with their bows, but if you have something to hide behind in a siege, you can pick them off one by one with a bow or crossbow. I've only played with a Vaegir army once, and I didn't have any archers, so I can't comment on them any more than that.

PS: ttsec, you should probably leave the argument out of this thread, so we can talk about the archers. Just a suggestion.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom