Who has only one faction's army?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but on my commercial trips I hire peasants in the cities where I pass, and basically I have a multinational army, Sturgian and Empire infantry, cavalry of what appears, usually hired prisoners, Khuzait horse archers, and archers of the Empire or Valand. Don't you think there should be limits to that? What does it mean to choose the faction? Basically we do and we recruit what we want. And in late game after figth one faction for so many battles and recruit the prisoners, my army becomes their army. It's fun, but should have limits.

I usually recruit kuzhait horsearchers and aserai footmen. I usually wander back and forth through the two areas (Steppe/Desert).

Since this game is sandbox and should remain so, I suggest that it could be solved by making the troops convertible to respective tire troops of your faction. This could be possible only if you are a vassal not if you are just mercenary . What do you think?
Doesn't sound like a very reasonable request. Just imagine what what trying to upgrade your troops will look like.

Doesn't sound like a very reasonable request. Just imagine what what trying to upgrade your troops will look like.

I can easily imagine the maximally lazy solution of tier-for-tier conversion through a pop-up menu. And also exploiting said solution to bypass horse/warhorse requirements.

Seems to me you'd always end up with a vanilla faction based army, without the ability to craft your own preferred mix - one less sandbox element.

Back
Top Bottom