Who else plans to await on singleplayer until end of EA?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've basically finished my playthrough since the1.0.4 fixes and will will wait again until 1.1.0 comes out. I don't think you have to wait so long to have a good experience; to the contrary its very satisfying to experience all the various tweaks, fixes and added features every new playthrough.

I'ma play and see if accidentally the game, and then send reports. If I encounter an error, I'll try to replicate it. Probably other people will beat me to it, but I'll give them some data if it helps.

I'm casually exploring the campaign a little bit at a time (both due to EA and due to a still present memory leak eating all the RAM after 2 hours).
I think that by the time EA is ending there will probably be some small overhaul mods, so you don't lose out playing the vanilla campaign a bit right now.

I like the constant changes, if there's any big ones to balance I start a new save and see how far I can get before the next balance change comes in to effect. After seeing how limited the lord/fief system is right now in my first two games I have mostly just set myself challenges
  • how many lords can I execute in a day?
  • how much money can I make just trading Flax?
  • how much damage can I do with a single Couch lance strike?
  • how many men can I skewer with a single lance thrust? (you can actually skewer multiple people, though its rare)
  • playing as weird playstyles (am considering a fists-only run in a tournament)
  • etc.

I'll be playing through singleplayer and restarting my games every 2-3 days, depending on patches. I love this game and the content it has now. Restarting is easy now, I know how to make money, where to fight for easy xp/gold. Now with XP in arena/tournaments it's even easier to level skills.
I now know how to level every skill quickly, even the harder ones.

Reporting every bug/glitch is also an awesome way to help Talesworld, rather than just giving them money. It's going out of your way to help a Dev team you love, and loves you back.

We do the work for all the other people to enjoy the game in the future. Having a bug hunter badge and VIP in MP is also a cool feat for helping the Devs.

I like the constant changes, if there's any big ones to balance I start a new save and see how far I can get before the next balance change comes in to effect. After seeing how limited the lord/fief system is right now in my first two games I have mostly just set myself challenges
  • how many lords can I execute in a day?
  • how much money can I make just trading Flax?
  • how much damage can I do with a single Couch lance strike?
  • how many men can I skewer with a single lance thrust? (you can actually skewer multiple people, though its rare)
  • playing as weird playstyles (am considering a fists-only run in a tournament)
  • etc.
I've gone to fists a few times in tournaments. Does disappointingly little damage. Though punching a metal helm is a bad idea. XD

Im just having a blast on multiplayer while not giving a go at singleplayer so i dont burn myself out from it in EA when not all features are available yet and there's still a lot of bugs.

I respect your opinion but what in the hell is the point of this post?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with as many as people as possible playing SP during EA because it provides more feedback and suggestions for the devs to take.

I honestly don't believe the campaign is suppose to play like it does now. I'm pretty sure this is just a test phase for combat and getting alot of the bugs out of the way.

After 34 hours playing only single-player, It's time to stop and wait for the 1.1.0.
I hope they fix the memory leak and snowballing. Also, change the A.I - Currently, they are just stupid most of the time. With lords, they don't have any strategy and just rush. They don't try to circle all my soldiers. They send cavalries first hopping to destroy all my troops.
After a while, it's easier to bet them.

My only fear is they never solve those problems...
BUT for now, It's a good game. :wink:

I respect your opinion but what in the hell is the point of this post?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with as many as people as possible playing SP during EA because it provides more feedback and suggestions for the devs to take.

Whats the point of life? Was just curious. Thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom