MP Musket Era Whigs and Tories - American Rev War Mod. [Released]

Users who are viewing this thread

oap5snf.png

W.I.P

Looking for helpers whenever!

If you're experienced in any modding, modeling/animating wise and would be willing to help us please contact [WaT] Marks on steam.​

Welcome to the Whigs and Tories Development page. Whigs and Tories aims to a mod unlike most introducing new game types as well as interesting new linebattle scenarios. At the moment the mod is in it's early stages and we haven't got that much to show but we hope you enjoy what we have so far!

Whigs and Tories is set in 1777, 2 years into the 1st war of independence. Many men within the colonies have bear arms in the fight for freedom or union with king George, who will you fight for?

​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fTmEIIrwH4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=novOVux1u_o​

Development Images
Early Work.

Common Questions:

When will it be out? - We hope get it out before the end of the year.

How can I help the mod? - You can help the mod by telling your friends or anyone really inside in the community about this mod. If you want to help with technical things then add any of the moderators of the steam group.

What can I expect in the 1st release? - Well that's hard to judge so far from the mark as we're constantly thinking of new things to add and give life back to a game so many enjoyed. What I know for sure is, completely new sounds, animations (not melee or you'll cry), historical units and uniforms and maps , general mod things really.

How do I get the Alpha? - Strictly dev team sry.

How do I get the Beta? A few posts down I briefly explained but i'll go in depth. The Beta will not be public, it'll be a private weekend long testing event. People playing the beta will be stressing everything we add doing Linebattles and helping film the mods release trailer. If you want to be one of these people you need to find out who the leaders are that'll be allowed in ask them, a list will be posted somewhere maybe, likely hood is they'll allow their friends. Side note we only want mature and reasonable people in the Beta.
*New* All UK Line Infantry!

pNadtmz.png

mvwsl5b.png

9vCdcTR.png

congressional-hendricks.png

Md10ERc.jpg

G4asQxR.jpg

b7b2548ddcc5bc5dd52fdfbd424e96d3.png

QmZDwFo.png

Team

Textures, Sounds & PR - Marks
Coding - USNavy
Textures, basic models - Kochi
Landscape Textures - Joer
Models - Aleko
Historical Advise - Brent

Helpers & wizards

Models - BetaKnight
Animations - Nytech
Voice acting - Comrade
Models- Fredrick
Maps - The GG

congressional-culpeper.png

congressional-4thdragoons.png

crown-42nd.png

crown-nyv.png

congressional-3rdNewYork.png

26753.png

Show your Support here!​

Nice videos, you've got some very innovative features. As Froi said, do you have plans for artillery? If so, a re-texture of the cannons would look great, NW guns are just so unattractive.

Mr.Nock said:
Nice videos, you've got some very innovative features. As Froi said, do you have plans for artillery? If so, a re-texture of the cannons would look great, NW guns are just so unattractive.

Yes we have a whole new cannon :grin: let me get you a picture.

924f02fa8dfd70c87447fdb46f57b4fd.png

it's not perfect as we only just got the model to look decent  :shifty:

That green wood from NW was hideous, in my opinion. Also, I guess it's just my phone, but the gun itself looked like a different color. Not really sure why the cannons in NW were brass anyway, it wasn't as common of a material for cannons.

Mr.Nock said:
That green wood from NW was hideous, in my opinion. Also, I guess it's just my phone, but the gun itself looked like a different color. Not really sure why the cannons in NW were brass anyway, it wasn't as common of a material for cannons.

it's still a brass cannon but I made it a bit darker, green is a nice colour :fruity:

That makes sense, it definitely is darker. And agreed, green is nice and all, but on a gun carriage? I'm not sure if that's accurate, history-wise. The blue looks much nicer.

If we're going history wise, I highly doubt the army would bother painting the cannons in nice flashy good looking colors, most likely only some sort of varnish.  The wood color would most likely be, well, wood color.

Froi said:
If we're going history wise, I highly doubt the army would bother painting the cannons in nice flashy good looking colors, most likely only some sort of varnish.  The wood color would most likely be, well, wood color.

They did paint them

http://img1.photographersdirect.com/img/262/wm/pd3190262.jpg

Most of them were this light blue.

That nice light blue would not last long if they were on a campaign.  Cannon crews liked to keep them looking nice, but in battles and such, I doubt they would care about paint.

A quick google search brought up more pictures of non-painted cannons then painted ones as well.

Froi said:
That nice light blue would not last long if they were on a campaign.  Cannon crews liked to keep them looking nice, but in battles and such, I doubt they would care about paint.

A quick google search brought up more pictures of non-painted cannons then painted ones as well.

Yes depends on age, tho keeping the wood in good condition always kept in mind. As WaT is centered around 1777 we think that the British look after their cannons and the paint hasn't come off yet  :smile:

I'd like to keep the blue cannons. They look more nice.

You could have the Americans have brown cannons with scratched one, as they were rebels. The British could keep their cannons blue but I think adding a few scratches would make it more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom