Which unit do you hate the most?

Users who are viewing this thread

Serazu

Sergeant Knight
I was curious for quite some time now as to which unit is the most hated by the players, be it because it presents a real challenge (for enemies), it's practically useless or too expensive or takes a lifetime to train (for allies) or whatever. Brew's recent post declaring his hatred for the Monks finally motivated me to start this topic.

For me, it's the Singalian Horsemen. They are a pestilence. The reason? One of my favorite activities is hunting. Temptresses hunting to be precise. Whenever I have nothing better to do, I hunt down Singalian patrols and warbands. I take my best blunt weapons and, while my troops cut down the deplorable slavers, I try to knock one of those beauties after the other out. I never sell them; always recruit them afterwards. There were certain instances in the past where I acquired quite a few Temptresses with my personal record being set in my last playthrough where, with the kind contribution of my vassal lords who attended my feast with the prisoners they captured, I managed to collect around 150 Temptresses. I'm sure Tahir would feel embarrassed.

The reason I hate the Horsemen? Because they always get in the way  :evil: Every - f*****g - time. They're too insignificant to draw my attention, but fast enough to put themselves between me and my prey. I cannot count the times I was ready to deliver a sweet blow to a Temptress' pretty skull only to be prevented by a stray arrow or a lance thrust coming from those asses. Sometimes, they literally get in my way placing themselves between me and the Temptresses, preventing our union. I hate them with a passion. I cannot find the proper words to express my disgust for those pricks. How I long for an option to be allowed to hang each and every one of them and let them rot!

What about you? Whom do you hate or love to hate the most? The Veccavi for their despicable practices? The Demonic Magni for being one-demon-armies? The Noldor for being like a plague? The D'Shar Raiders for being smelly as if someone died on the saddle? The Vanskerries for drinking from skulls? Someone else entirely?

Share your hatred. Let your basest instincts take hold and guide your words.

D'Shar raiders.
Bad loot, little xp, and their counched lances are a threat to even elite troops.
Then, their partys are a pain to catch.

Snake cult armsmen :evil: . They've frustrated me far more than anything else in the mod. They're somehow able to punch 40 damage through my lordly armor (not counting headshots :wink: ) with their pinpoint accuracy (at only 120 proficiency :neutral: ??). Then there's the fact that an army has about 300 of these little bastards... And the damage they do to my poor army :sad: They always manage to headshot at least a few of my elites while they're distracted by the 200 other armsmen roaming around. Every battle with the snake cult has the armsmen getting more kills than any other unit (including anacondas and priestesses).

Sometimes I consider editing them out of the game entirely... But then I realize what a baby that would make me, so I decide not to.

Draenor said:
D'Shar raiders.
Bad loot, little xp, and their counched lances are a threat to even elite troops.
Then, their partys are a pain to catch.

On the bright side, their lair is fun to raid.  :twisted:

Serazu said:
For me, it's the Singalian Horsemen. They are a pestilence.
The reason I hate the Horsemen? Because they always get in the way  :evil: Every - f*****g - time.
Hey, they're just trying to protect their mistresses! (I know I would! :fruity:)

For me, overall annoying are Jatu Lancers. :mad: I can't seem to fight them without them gutting a few of my elites in the first clash! :evil:

Past that, being a good little Pendorian, I hunt down heritics mercilessly. I always bring Red Brotherhooders to Ramun for galley service. (poetic justice! :razz:)

Of course, I love running into Mystmountain raiders for the "Arnie-as-Conan" style threats! :mrgreen: But I guess that's not really hating them, is it? :???:

Joining @zaji1911 here - those Snake Cult Assmen are annoying as ***k. Punching through Lordly armor? Aim higher - they manage to punch right through friggin noldor ancient plate armor and reinforced one at that for 30-40 damage. More than that - they have magical accuracy - they hit you square in the face from 100-150 paces and don't give a **** about their proficiency being low. You basically can't do any Snake Cult shrine quests at ALL even with full party of Hero Adventurers or even f***ing Noldor Twilight Knights! Because after level 20+ there is just too many of them. I am at level 43 on my current run and I can basically defeat just about anything with 100+ Hero Adventurers, 50 Silvermists and 100 KHO units. But Snake shrines remain unattainable - too hard. And the most dissapointing thing is even if you somehow manage to cheese those - the loot just completely not worth it.

Followed closely by Jatu and anything with a Lance, because they just oneshot anything, no matter how hard you trained it to be a badass. And I guess for most useless units for their money - Queen Angus Freebooters. They think they actually worth same paycheck as Hero Adventurers and they can't do crap, but go there and die without harming a fly.

I wouldn't say hate but irritating and annoying.

Snake cult armsmen - very damaging and can shoot through shield while being total crap statwise.
Mystmountain warriors and raiders when they effectively shield Bearclaw Berserker with their horses and bodies.
Sarleon Halberdiers for their fast and very wide swings - it's easy to forget that swing can be extremely wide.
Almost anyone when they block lance thrust on full speed with tiny saber or something.

Hate goes to tournament participants, especially to so called "teammates", and designers who put unfair weapon setups in final duels.

Monks, Pilgrims and any other low level unit that can never be upgraded, my lords always end up with loads of these and they waste space in battles and slow them down.
Hero adventurers in tourneys as 9 times out of 10 its these guys that knock me out of the tournament
The whole mercenary tree as these are just meh
I like the SC armsman as these make excellent cheap archers for garrisons

OldGreyBeard said:
Serazu said:
For me, it's the Singalian Horsemen. They are a pestilence.
The reason I hate the Horsemen? Because they always get in the way  :evil: Every - f*****g - time.
Hey, they're just trying to protect their mistresses! (I know I would! :fruity:)

Naughty boy.

1) the pointy ears, mainly for being OP in every aspect... also, they're pointy ears, who would like that race anyway? :grin:
2) horse archers for being annoying and being able to own foot archers (in reality, it would be the other way around)
3) bows for being utterly unrealistic... wait, that's not a unit... damn

EAC's in Empire armies. They are a cheap and abundant unit that can one shot just about any elite in the game from half way across the map.  You encounter them in sufficient quantities to make any battle into a chaotic bloody stat mess as you are forced to order your troops to charge in order to close distance or avoid getting slaughtered. Oh and don't even think about letting your shield down for just a moment to issue a move order. They are the worst scum.

I have NEVER had so much trouble with any other archer armies, like Ravenstern. To be fair RR's cause quite a bit of hurt, but nothing I don't consider as remotely fair, whereas EAC's ruined many a battle for me.

I hate enemy EAC's so much that one time after beating an Empire lord, I recruited some EAC's prisoners, set them into their own category, ordered them to charge a Jatu pack with their melee weapons and then had the rest of my 250+ army retreat from the battlefield while laughing like a maniac.

Kushana said:
I hate enemy EAC's so much that one time after beating an Empire lord, I recruited some EAC's prisoners, set them into their own category, ordered them to charge a Jatu pack with their melee weapons and then had the rest of my 250+ army retreat from the battlefield while laughing like a maniac.

Uwah, I sense some serious grudge here... I like those guys, they make sieges look like a piece of cake.

Serazu said:
Basically, they are the poor man's Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet. Amazing units.

And damn easy to train once you got several trainer companions over 30 lvl. Perhaps even a bit too good. To the point I don't see the need to have EG knights at all. They even don't suck at melee nearly as you'd imagine.

Madman666 said:
Serazu said:
Basically, they are the poor man's Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet. Amazing units.

And damn easy to train once you got several trainer companions over 30 lvl. Perhaps even a bit too good. To the point I don't see the need to have EG knights at all. They even don't suck at melee nearly as you'd imagine.

The only thing holding them back at melee is their much less than optimal weaponry. Which is a good thing, otherwise they would be clearly OP. Those guys hold their own at melee even against Noldor Rangers.

M0rdred said:
Horses. Any horses.

Well said! Stupid horses are always knocking me over just to ruin my aim! :facepalm: I think I've shot as many horses as I have all other units combined! :razz: There was one battle with Jatu raiders that I slaughtered horses until I got the victory screen I was so angry! :twisted:

Thanks, M0dred. I now realize that horses are a true stealth unit infiltrating your army just waiting to ruin your day! :shock:

Knights of the Lion. They seem really, really good at killing my dear friends. And Sarleon seems to breed 'em like rabbits.

What a nice post. Everyone needs to vent :smile:

1. Hero Adventurers - I love them on the field but hate them in Tournaments. These light speed sword swinging pricks always manage to wipe me out whenever they get the chance, especially if I am on foot. Hell I have better stats and proficiencies than them but they still manage to swing that damn sword faster than me :evil:

2. Bearclaw Beserker - In 3.8.4, I found a new annoyance that always messes up my plans, wipes out my elite cavalry and gives me a headache everytime, thereby making it into my "kill first" list and that is the Bearclaw Beserker. These guys are really tough with being able to take on full speed swings and can accurately deal brutal hits on you and your troops. They always charge right behind their cavalry and dehorse or worse wipe out my cavalry who are caught in a horsejam or have been slowed down by other troops.

3. Snake Cult Armsman - I guess I will add in with the others and say the same. These Cult b******s always manage to get in a very damaging shot during my charges despite supposedly having only 150 or so proficiency and they do this at extreme ranges. Sometimes I wonder whether they're Noldor's evil counterpart :!:

4. Demonic Magnus - Being a tough **** and killing too many troops everytime!!! [But still taking one of these ones out makes for a lot of satisfaction :grin:]

5. D'shar Scorpion Assassins [from 3.7] - They made my life hell especially during charges. They and their annoying flying daggers always wipe away 30-70% of my health at the beginning of the battle.

Well I guess that's it for now. Will add later if I someone annoys me.

The Noldor, because apparently Noldor land is wherever they set foot. I mean, I once ran into a party by freaking Avendor and they still gave me the trespassing song and dance. Bastards.

By the same token, Silvermists. How can you not hate people whose life mission is to emulate the Noldor?

Knights of the Dawn who are a bunch of self-righteous pricks.

Knights of Eventide who are a bunch of pricks, period.

The Vanskerry raiders because of their stupid shields. Real men block arrows with faces!

Everything with a crossbow. Learn to use a bow, you jackass!

Everything on horse and with a bow. I don't like competition. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom