Which one of the following AGP video cards is better ?

Users who are viewing this thread

All the info about the cards and all that i got from their description on the page i found them.

I just want to know which one would perform better , which one is better please share your thoughts !

Asus ATI HD 3650 512MB AGP 8x

Code:
Processor
Video Processor: ATI Radeon HD 3650
Processor Frequency (MHz): 725

Code:
General
Maximum CRT resolution: 2048 x 1536
Maximum DVI resolution: 2560 x 1600

Code:
Memory
Capacitate memorie (MB):
Memory Frequency (MHz): 1 GHz ( 500 MHz DDR2 )
memory type :grin:DR2

Code:
Others
(biti): 128
Technology: OpenGL 2.0 support

V-Cool Heatsink
Cabluri si adaptoare incluse:
1 x DVI to D-Sub adaptor
1 x DVI to HDMI adaptor
1 x HDTV-out cable
Cooler:
ASUS Utilities & Driver

His Ati Radeon HD2600XT 512MB GDDR3 128bit AGP

Code:
Description
ATi Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB (128bit) GDDR3 Dual Link DVI TV Fan, HDMI, HDCP, 800MHz core, 1400MHz memory

Code:
Processor
Video Processor: Radeon HD 2600
Processor Frequency (MHz): 800
RAMDAC (MHz): 400 (No idea what this is )

Code:
General

Crossfire: no
Maximum DVI resolution : 2560*1600
SLI: no

Code:
Memory
memory capacity (MB): 512
Memory frequency(MHz): 1400
memory type: GDDR3

Code:
Others
(biti): 128
Technology: ATI Avivo HD
Included soft: Driver disc
Adapters and cables included:grin:VI to HDMI Adapter
DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter
Cooler:yes

Sorry for creating a thread to ask this , but i wanna be sure,

MasacruTheArcher said:
Thanks man , so that one is better ...thx (yep i heard that as agp they are not that efficient)

Both are old and mediocre cards from back when ATi fell off the boat, and AGP has been dead for about 5 years now, but anyway. Card performance will be pretty similar as the 3xxx series blows hard. But if you're using everything else that's old as death, I don't see any reason to upgrade your card to anything even remotely new. Get an old X800 for 20 bucks or something and it will save your cash since the AGP and the rest of your crappy components are going to be the bottleneck.

//EDIT: Now I see. Well, Newegg has the 2600XT at $50 and the 1650Pro at $40 if you're in the continental US. Don't spend any more than that on a crappy old card. Next time I'll check your profile first. I don't know of any Romanian suppliers, but don't spend more than 50 USD (approximately 170 lei, though prices may differ there) on an old card like that.

For an example for single core prosessors, my little brother computer has athlon 64 3500+, with geforce 9800gt, he gets about 3000 marks from 3d mark06, i did get with my dualcore athlon and geforce 8600 approx 5500 marks, nowadays, prosessor is the thing that marks. With 8800gt i got approx 10000 marks and 8800gt is too less powerful than 9800gt, three times more than my bro.

Best thing you can do, is going to a some shop and buy new PC, it is what i recommend.

chef said:
. With 8800gt i got approx 10000 marks and 8800gt is too less powerful than 9800gt,

the 8800GT is EXACTLY the same as a 9800GT.. and its getting re-distributed AGAIN as a GTS240

dont believe marketing :wink: these 3 cards are exactly the same, just some new looks.

Thanks guys , cannot  afford a full pc yet but until i will , i will just upgrade this and keep it work good until then.Anyway that card is 380 ron , around 400 (Which i don't know how much is in $ ).To bad i have agp slot though but still thanks again.I bet it will do much better than 7600 gs ...

Back
Top Bottom