Which new factions would you like to see added/modded into the game ?

Users who are viewing this thread

tzadik

Recruit
Personally I find it kind of boring how there's only 6 major factions in the game, and how vast amounts of historical inspirations get condensed down into very simplified homogeneous cultures, (e.g the one Western European faction (Vlandia), the one Arab faction (Aserai) ect). Although I kind of understand why the developers chose to do this for the sake of simplicity, and that they did kind of try to introduce some cultural heterogeneity with the minor factions and such, hopefully modding tools will make it possible to add new factions/areas into the game. For reference see attached the maps of the rough political borders of the world around the time the game is meant to be set (10-11th century).
East-Hem_1025ad.jpg
East-Hem_1100ad.jpg

i think sturgia is abit too much of a mishmash between warbands Nords and vaegirs, maybe it's just because my favourite playstyle is a Viking raider but I feel it would better the troop trees

I wish they made the minor factions able to become majors. They put quite a bit of faction diversity into the minor factions, which is basically lost because you never have any reason to engage with their uniqueness other than laugh because a lot of their troop trees are complete and utter garbage (Hidden Hand, Embers).

I would like to see a legitimate Nordic faction as well. I hate, hate, hate that the Sturgian special troop is mounted considering people during the Viking age would use horses to ride to battles and then dismount to fight. I would love, love, love for there to be a troop tree with Houscarls instead of mounted skirmishers. Maybe not an entire new faction but one of the minor groups. I believe there already is a Nordic inspired minor faction. Maybe even add another one to one of the Empire factions similar to the Varangian guard.

It would also be pretty badass to get a North African or Indian inspired faction with War Elephants.

I'd imagine a Japanese inspired faction with Samurai would be fairly popular as well.

Maybe even create some Aztec or Iroquois factions.

Sturgians / Nords need a revamp. Maybe adding ships ? and island invasions ?

Another faction I'd like to see is maybe a African / Black faction - Shaka Zulu type ? War Elephants / Zebra cavalry / Rhino berserker units / etc

More units we need - Elephants / war wagons (chariots)

The existing factions need more depth as is. Theyre just reskins of each other and you people want more of them? I think Bethesda games are more your style if you want quantity rather than quality.

Like I said in the other thread, make minor factions that come from other parts of the map.

Also, it might be a little tricky to make new factions more distinct gameplay wise.

The existing factions need more depth as is. Theyre just reskins of each other and you people want more of them? I think Bethesda games are more your style if you want quantity rather than quality.
That seems a bit reductive, could you elaborate on that?

Outside of battle every faction is exactly the same. The only real difference is the clothes they wear. Their entire structures of government are ostensibly different but in practice function identically.
Fair point. Battania doesn't feel anything like the independent clans that the lore suggests. I guess the closest thing is the Empire and its whole civil war? I just hope we get more out of that.

Fair point. Battania doesn't feel anything like the independent clans that the lore suggests. I guess the closest thing is the Empire and its whole civil war? I just hope we get more out of that.

Every non-Imperial faction is described somewhere in the lore as being composed of fractious vassals who resent central authority. And maybe the Empire is as well, and I just haven't stumbled across that bit of writing yet.

Every non-Imperial faction is described somewhere in the lore as being composed of fractious vassals who resent central authority. And maybe the Empire is as well, and I just haven't stumbled across that bit of writing yet.
Actually yeah, you're right. Hoping they do more with that though.

I would love some more depth between factions, like Vladia looks based on a feudal society I would like to see the huge difference between the nobles and the peasants. Imperial factions should focus on infrastructure and technology, Sturgia should be a raiding faction stealing wealth from other countries. Those are just some thoughts, like someone said right now all faction are just reskin of one, same goals, same way to obtain them.

For people who say the faction's governing styles are the same, they're not due to the kingdom policies. Eg he western empire has policies which give its vassals loads of influence. Garios also approves of the decision with the highest votes, even if he was against it.

Sturgia on the other hand (in my last playthrough anyway) had policies which stifled vassal's influence, and Ragnar would usually ignore the decision with the highest votes in favour of his own choice on multiple occasions. I actually can't remember a time he didn't.

Here we clearly have a dictatorial monarchy in Sturgia, and a democratically slanted Archon above Archons in the Western Empire.

Id say for diversity and wartime craftiness The Smurfs would be a great addition as a tribe. Those lil blue basterds (no racism) put up a helluva fight and are a well diversified group combat wise ( Brainy smurf, Psycho smurf, Smurfette etc). Of course to counter them we'd need giant cats..

It would be great if there was more regional diversity within the factions. If areas of the map had names and particular cultural nuances, with extra units that could be recruited only in those areas.

It would be great if there was more regional diversity within the factions. If areas of the map had names and particular cultural nuances, with extra units that could be recruited only in those areas.

Yes, we can already see some evidence of this in some of the descriptions of villages as well as mercenary companies. Honestly I would say scrap the mercs that exist entirely and in turn make them legitimate factions. Mercs sholdn't be clans but companies and resemble culture specific troops.

Back
Top Bottom