Which lord do you like the most?

Users who are viewing this thread

vile_begger

we have a how do you hate so why not a who do you like?

i don't particularly have a favorite

I believe Surdan is my favorite just because I have my own faction and he is the only one with 100 loyalty.

At the moment Count Alagur, think he starts out in the Khergits but wound up a Rhodok lord in my current game.

But only because through some freak bug he wound up in my party.
mb12.jpg

Other than that I have always been something of a fan of Jarl Aedin and Jarl Aeric. Not sure why I just like them.

I've played the game enough to have a bit of an opinion about a few most notable lords.

Boyar Meriga is among the ones you need to get on the good side of ASAP. Even though he's a bad-tempered, sore-loser SOB, he owns Rivacheg, which is (i) the only Raw Silk provider in the North, and (ii) in the middle of the Sea Raider farming zone. You want to get a weavery here first and foremost.

Count Grainwad is "that one guy who will never, ever abandon the Swadian cause however badly they're pummeled". Problem is, there's little his 40-strong party of militia and footmen can do owing to his usually piss-poor fiefs. If you are a Swadian player like me, you'd want to give this guy a cut of your army of top-tiers to even things out a bit.

Jarl Irya besides having a name similar to a girl from Fate Stay Night, but I digress is a pretty good one to befriend. He's got Wercheg, which means (i) he's most usually dragging around a company of vets and huscarls supported by more vet archers than you can shake a stick at, and (ii) his town is likely the second expansion of your weavery empire, being close to Rivacheg and on the Sea Raider farming zone.

For some reasons, most of the Rhodok lords I encounter are horrible people, while the Khergits have a large quantity of upstanding and honorable lords.

Lord Haringoth: Always the first on the walls when attacking a castle; He and Harlaus were real killing machines on many occasions they attacked some Khergit and Sarranid towns and castles. He also has a good taste for cool-looking armor (even more in Vanilla M&B), and he got a castle with his name. :cool:

I remember back in Vanilla M&B, leading the Isolla Insurrection against Harlaus; Then Reindi castle, where I resided, got besieged by some Swadian Lords. When the siege tower reached the ramparts, the first to jump from it into the fray was Haringoth, and he cut my char down at once. Since that moment, this brave guy is my favorite NPC Lord.

sir_guy123 said:
king harlaus is a fatass*

Fixed that for you.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :lol:

As for my favourite lord, I have to say that Jarl Aedin is my favourite. He's nice enough, honorable and tends to support my causes in most of my games.  :grin:

Swadia - Count Clais - ( nice daughter he has )
Rhodok - Count Tellrog
Khergit - Asugan Noyan,Tirida Noyan
Nord - Jarl Aedin
Vaegir - sadly none
Sarranid - Emir Lakhem

Any lord has a buildup relationship of 100 and it doesn't drop when I gave fiefs to others.  The rest is just a bunch of jealous children born in a lucky family. And the worst one of them all, Lord Lezalit, my promoted companion. He drops 3 pts every time while the others drop 3,2 or 1 pt depending on circumstances. Next time I made him a peasant forever.

InFi[D]eL said:
Count Ryis

I have to agree with you, in my current game the Swadians have been completely wiped out, all of the former Swadian lords have either been exiled outside of Caladria or defected to another faction. But not Count Ryis. He still wanders the map building up his forcers. I've beat him in combat probably 10 times now and each time he gets back on his feet, more men than before.

Boyar Nelag is pretty chill. If he's a prick in your game, he lives far away from any of his allies making his castle easy to take and if he's a good dude in your game he has a sister you can marry and his castle can be a launching pad for Khergit campaigns.

Also, I hope you all realize lord personalities (not king's, though) are randomized each game. No lord (besides Harlarious) has a set disposition.

MegaChalupa said:
InFi[D]eL said:
Count Ryis

I have to agree with you, in my current game the Swadians have been completely wiped out, all of the former Swadian lords have either been exiled outside of Caladria or defected to another faction. But not Count Ryis. He still wanders the map building up his forcers. I've beat him in combat probably 10 times now and each time he gets back on his feet, more men than before.

He's a loyal compadre of Mr Feasty to be sure.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Boyar Nelag is pretty chill. If he's a prick in your game, he lives far away from any of his allies making his castle easy to take and if he's a good dude in your game he has a sister you can marry and his castle can be a launching pad for Khergit campaigns.

Also, I hope you all realize lord personalities (not king's, though) are randomized each game. No lord (besides Harlarious) has a set disposition.

Corrections: Some lords have randomized personalities, mostly the young whippersnappers, while the elderly have their personalities fixed. For instance, Grainwad is always a good-natured, easygoing old chum who rarely complains even when he is routinely mistreated by Harlaus, Meriga is a venom-spitting, fiery-tempered sum***** and Fraichin (?) likes to hang people up and torture them for fun.

Also Harlaus' tendency to feast is heavily tied into Swadia being ganged up upon by everyone. The moment Swadia stops being beaten everywhere i.e. the player joins in, Harlaus almost instantly stops feasting and get back to kicking ass in full plate armor.

Back
Top Bottom