Which Helmet

Users who are viewing this thread

AWdeV

Duke
M&BWB
Get a bascinet. They look awesome and they're not as horribly off-period for plate armours as Great Helms are.
 

placenik

Knight at Arms
Why do you have a problem with winged great helmet and archery???
I use it since I started playing M&B as HA, it gets like 1 hour of play to adapt, because it feels strange at first. It limits your sight a bit, but it is enough to see enemy once to have your aim for next 3 shots.
 

Mannerheim

Sergeant at Arms
But great helmets for archery are totally unrealistic since you can't see much through small slots :smile:
The same applies for crossbows.
 

The Darklord

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&S
What you want is a full face helmet without any fancy stuff for the best look with plate armour. To me that Wing helmet can go die (it about as historical as the Viking horned helmets, unless your talking about Ancient Greek/Roman worship helms for Hermes/Mercury).
 

hicisred

Regular
Why does everyone complain about viewing problems?  For archery, I always use first person anyway, it's not hard to hit "R" and switch between 3rd and 1st in an instant.  Also...do people use the "zoom out" feature so you see more of your character on the screen?  You just hit the "-" key on your numpad about 3 times and it gives you a better view.  I do this so I can see approaching enemies better and check my flanks better.  With this feature, I don't see Winged Helm as a problem...it's only as wide as my character's shoulders at most.
 

tyrannicide

Knight
hicisred said:
Why does everyone complain about viewing problems? 
Who's complaining? I merely stated a fact.

<snip />
With this feature, I don't see Winged Helm as a problem...it's only as wide as my character's shoulders at most.
So you worked around the problem. Good for you. But not even worth it IMO, since that winged helmet looks so terribly silly in the first place.

9782803626694.jpg
 

Captain_Octavius

Sergeant Knight
WB
I simply made a duplicate of the Winged Great Helmet and gave it a different model, the Black Helmet from MAW's OSP Helmet pack. That way I have the stats of the best helmet ingame, but one that looks a LOT better.
 

hicisred

Regular
tyrannicide said:
hicisred said:
Why does everyone complain about viewing problems? 
Who's complaining? I merely stated a fact.

<snip />
With this feature, I don't see Winged Helm as a problem...it's only as wide as my character's shoulders at most.
So you worked around the problem. Good for you. But not even worth it IMO, since that winged helmet looks so terribly silly in the first place.

9782803626694.jpg

Sorry, the word complaining was a simplified generalization of the comments being made about the Helmet.  Also, this "workaround" should honestly be used by everyone at all possible times.  Why would you not want more viewing area?  If you're hiding behind a wall or something you can see better without exposing yourself (like if you're hiding from an archer barrage during a siege assault/defense).

I accidentally discovered it when my hand slipped (don't ask me how it slipped from my base keyboard with all these letter keys all the way to my numpad).

Yea, but besides that, I heard that the "wings" on the helm count as hitboxes so you get shot in the head like twice as much...So annoying.  Bah.  If only I wasn't too lazy to go mod the stats on the Great Helm or the sweet looking Byzantium helm that you can get with the cheat menu/editing the items1.txt.
 

gwanjun

Recruit
vaegir war helmet. sexy or the sarranid veiled helmet. they should add a thing where if you own your kingdom, you get like a crown. i remember a mod long time ago where it said the town has collaborated or w.e and made a crown. and it looks like those...ring crowns in like LotR not some huge massive helmet. with jewels.

or they can add like an accessory equipment, included with like more ranks in kingdom other than just marshal, which add look effects more so than like armor.
 
gwanjun said:
vaegir war helmet. sexy or the sarranid veiled helmet. they should add a thing where if you own your kingdom, you get like a crown. i remember a mod long time ago where it said the town has collaborated or w.e and made a crown. and it looks like those...ring crowns in like LotR not some huge massive helmet. with jewels.

or they can add like an accessory equipment, included with like more ranks in kingdom other than just marshal, which add look effects more so than like armor.

Why not both? I am a king after all... hrm hrm...
 

ronin44

Squire
AWdeV said:
Get a bascinet. They look awesome and they're not as horribly off-period for plate armours as Great Helms are.
Isnt the gaurd helmet off-period for plate armor?
 

ronin44

Squire
Hmmm, i didnt test that but i ll wear an ful helm for test, maybe looks good.

Edit: I test that ful helm but didnt look good, that was small and the blue colour on ful helm wasnt fit with the plate armor.
 
Top Bottom