Votes: 45 19.7%
  • 1000g (US answer here)

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • Other, explain in thread

Votes: 13 5.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Is this for public or for matches?
Public play could do with 1500, but then you will see people running around on chargers in no time. But atleast even new players can get some decent gear.

For matches it would be too sily to have 1500 gold, that would give a massive advantage to the winner of a round.

Being Australian, I had to pick "Other". But I like 1500 myself. For both public games and clan matches. It just feels the most... right. I suppose. I can't explain it really.

Always wondered why people only considered 1000, and 1500.

Why not try 1200? its a small bonus, but you still cant choose 2-3 high tier items like in 1500.

Asheila said:

Why not try 1200? its a small bonus, but you still cant choose 2-3 high tier items like in 1500.
For the same reason no one plays on "fast" combat speed.

Asheila said:

I actually like this idea. The biggest problem with 1500 gold is the fact that certain factions can get heavy cav right away, while others can't. 1200 would fix this problem.

Orion said:
1000. That's what the game was tested on, balanced on, and defaults on.
By that logic, should we all be playing on medium combat speed as well?

findecanno said:
Orion said:
1000. That's what the game was tested on, balanced on, and defaults on.
By that logic, should we all be playing on medium combat speed as well?

We all are in Europe and everywhere else as far as I know.

I voted 1000 gold, its a simple round number and importantly denies other factions the ability to get good weapons and armour on an individual basis. This is quite important when considering the swadians, they have very weak swords and they have a difficult time against armoured opponents. If Nords could get chainmail armour round 1 they would have a very difficult time.

The other point about heavy horses has already been stated but I do think that it is far more interesting when war horses are a prize to be fought over, stealing one from your opponent can win you rounds sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom