Which 3 major features from Warband or Devblogs do you want the most in Bannerlord?

Which 2 of these singleplayer features do you want the most? (You can choose TWO)

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Let´s say you have a level 3 workshop and bad relations to whoever. Then there is a risk for an encounter that can happen anytime. Like that they demand money, you pay and it´s good but if you don´t pay things can happen like it will be attacked and downgraded to level 1 if you lose the fight (The workers would defend it, not your army if you´re not in the town). Just some brainstorming from me.
This is a bit more complex as the settlement mission at large doesn't properly support combat in the civilian setting. So upgrading workshops would grow into introducing a potentially much larger mechanic. Of course, it could be abstracted away or the conflict could use the alley etc.
I´m missing some action - reaction stuff in this game, even on this small scale. Things just should matter more.
I agree that this is a good area to improve on - not just in regards to introducing new mechanics but communicating existing ones.

I agree that this is a good area to improve on - not just in regards to introducing new mechanics but communicating existing ones.
In my opinion it´s even more important to improve stuff that´s already in the game related to those things. Relations to other NPCs come into my mind.

There should be more impact if you have good/bad relations with lord x, but I know this hard to do. But this would improve a lot of things.

Also some minor things like:

You have good relations with lord X which has settlement Z, so you will face less troops in the keep battle vs lord x. Stuff like this you know. Nothing game changing, just minor improvements on a small scale. Or that a lord will surrender more likely to you if he likes you and you have the "bigger" army as a dialogue option (depending on charm?).

I can see all the stuff you already have in the game but it´s need to be more connected. Fill the game with some "life".

I can fight some lord I have +60 relations and he´ll still love me after the battle, even more if I win and release him again. But maybe think about loosing some relation if you attack a lord with good relations in an open field battle. (will create other issues, but stuff like this).

Last edited:
@five bucks https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/467

Finally, I don't need to be vague about claimant quest confirmation any more :razz:
Thanks for the heads up, this is great news (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
I know I´m the bad guy here, but this claiment stuff is also something that isn´t new if you have played Warband. Or will you improve the feature? My understanding is that it will be the same as in Warband, which was nice but not that big of deal because it´s an old feature you now introduced.
It is a big deal, because think about it this way: They've already introduced the new exciting features relative to Warband (deeper economic situation, siege rams/ballistas/catapults/etc, persuasion, executions, and so on).

What made those features unsatisfactory was that Warband's features were missing, so it was basically two steps forward and one step backward.

If they can actually bring back all (or at least the majority) of Warband's good features, and make the existing features functional, then what we will end up with is a game that is Warband's gameplay experience plus better graphics, bigger battle sizes, better sieges, executions, family systems, smithing, deeper simulation mechanics, minor factions, kingdom policies, easier mod making/loading, broader troop trees, etc, etc, etc.

It will be a Proper Sequel and a Good Game which can then be made even better and deeper by modders. And I don't believe TW has ever had any obligation to do more.
But there is not much behind this stuff. Sure it is now in the game, but is it good the way it is or just barebones? I appreciate every feature you add, but those stuff feels like not much for me. Like just doing the minimum so "you" can say it´s in the game, stuff that can be used for the Steam description without any real important gameplay behind it.
This game is as broad as an ocean, you can't also expect it to be as deep as an ocean in every single feature. It can't have the level of depth of Crusader Kings, Total War, and Witcher all at the same time in a single game, they're only human.

As I've said in the past, they have an obligation to provide the features they led people to expect would be in the game, but they can't make everyone's dream game. And you've seen me criticize TW a lot, so you know I'm not white knighting.

Last edited:
There should be more impact if you have good/bad relations with lord x, but I know this hard to do. But this would improve a lot of things.
I think the general approach to this is one of relatively organic / believable effects. So, for instance, to my knowledge the game currently has the following relation effects (among others)
  • Easier persuasion
  • Easier barter
  • More/Less likely to spent influence on a decision proposed by another clan leader they like/dislike
  • More/Less likely to target the party/settlement of an enemy they like/dislike (all else being equal)

You have good relations with lord X which has settlement Z, so you will face less troops in the keep battle vs lord x. Stuff like this you know. Nothing game changing, just minor improvements on a small scale. Or that a lord will surrender more likely to you if he likes you and you have the "bigger" army as a dialogue option (depending on charm?).
I am not that much of a fan of these ideas, because a) settlements are the single most important currency of clans. there is friendship and then there is family. or less memey - i think the ai clans should act more rational than that. Pretty much the same argument goes for any surrender. Having said that, I do get that hyper rational bot-tron 3000 doesn't make for the most interesting roleplay experience. Still, in that regard I would argue it should be more dependent on personality traits (dishonorable & not valorous) rather than people liking you.

I can fight some lord I have +60 relations and he´ll still love me after the battle, even more if I win and release him again. But maybe think about loosing some relation if you attack a lord with good relations in an open field battle. (will create other issues, but stuff like this).
A bit harsh to penalize very basic gameplay loops that much. Giving capture a penalty could be discussed, but it feels like something that at least as many people would dislike as those that would like it.

This is combat and I am campaign. Having said that, I think it's fair for me to say that our priority is making the basic combat a satisfying, polished experience. Introducing new elements like this would clash with that effort. Generally speaking, it also just seems to be a different way of framing / naming what already exists within the game. A cavalry formation acts different from an archer and infantry one. Agents with spears act different from those with sword and board. These formation and agent behaviors will likely see further improvements and we also intend to make agent weapon selection moddable.

I want to give Fiefs to my criminal/non-noble companions so they build up an empire of DARKNESS.

No longer recruit "recruits" but Looters or Freebooters

Back
Top Bottom