Which 3 major features from Warband or Devblogs do you want the most in Bannerlord?

Which 2 of these singleplayer features do you want the most? (You can choose TWO)

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Interrupted gameplay. Finding the right food to throw a feast was a grind. Tracking down everyone attending and using the same stilted phrases to gain a few relationship points was boring. The only area of enlightenment was chatting up attending ladies before you got married.
Only interrupted if there's a war. If you are at peace, there's probably nothing better to do anyway in vanilla Warband.
And if there's a simple fix like "no feasts while at war", it's just the blandness and halfassedness that's a problem.

When people say "I want feasts" they really mean "I want more meaningful interaction with fellow lords", so "feasts" should not be taken literally as feasts and especially not Warband feasts.

Only interrupted if there's a war. If you are at peace, there's probably nothing better to do anyway in vanilla Warband.
And if there's a simple fix like "no feasts while at war", it's just the blandness and halfassedness that's a problem.

When people say "I want feasts" they really mean "I want more meaningful interaction with fellow lords", so "feasts" should not be taken literally as feasts and especially not Warband feasts.
I preferred WFaS without feasts.

Interrupted gameplay. Finding the right food to throw a feast was a grind
We need more things to vary up gameplay, and if you don't like hosting feasts, it's not hard to just not do it. Even if you don't host a feast, it benefits gameplay through making lords easier to find. Personally I liked collecting the food from around the world, and "grind" can be used to describe a hell of a lot of game mechanics in Bannerlord anyway- trading, smithing, issue quests, killing looters, etc.

Feasts are the second most popular feature in the poll, over a lot of others, so clearly people liked them for a variety of reasons.
Tracking down everyone attending and using the same stilted phrases to gain a few relationship points was boring
You don't have to, you passively gain relations just by holding the feast, talking to the guests is just a bonus if you're RPing. I do agree that particular feature could be improved though, by making talking to the guests a single-stage persuasion minigame. I would also implement the existing tavern musicians in feasts, and have the nobles use tavern animations for talking/listening to music, and of course, limit feasts to peacetime. Otherwise, I think feasts are just fine to be implemented as they were in Warband.

Last edited:
Want to vary gameplay? Let us join and lead the minor factions!

Mercenary Minor Factions = Mercenary gameplay (Skolderbrotva, Legion of the Betrayed...)
Outlaw Minor Factions = Criminal/Rebel gameplay (Brotherhood of the Woods, Wolfskins, Lake Rats...)
Religious Minor Factions = Religious War gameplay (Beni Zilal, Embers of the Flame...)

It has been discussed before and will be discussed again, but other tasks have been selected before it.
face-palm-panda.gif

Hopefully one of those tasks is making it plausible for the player to actually hire mercenaries without chasing them across the map.
This was discussed at length here

• The Kingdom Court and Minister, if implemented should have a more accessible interface. In fact, the entire diplomacy screen ought to have a better interface where it is easier to see the positions your court has and the ability to assign people to those positions.

The minister part doesn't make much sense as Warband is far in the future in Calradian timeline which meant several advancements in legalism and title management. Bannerlord starts off with a fresh civil war with warlords vying for control in the wake of what is the equivalent of the death of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire didn't have a feudal system, nor did they have ministers. The feudal system didn't exist yet but the idea of a persistent nobility that ruled the same piece of land did start to take place.​
  • Minor faction bases would be really awesome! But then that would imply that minor factions are either implicit vassals to the faction their base resides on or that the minor factions are siegeable which means that they can be extinguished and that would be awkward for a minor faction. There aren't many neutral locations apart from training camps and those should be faction related because theoretically, those would be the places where a faction kingdom trains their soldiers. (I don't see massive training grounds in a castle or city).
  • Deserters and Manhunters would bring more life and adventure to the adventuring Calradian player who doesn't want to meddle in the limited and petty politics of Calradia. I don't see why more enemies would be a problem apart from villager parties potentially never finishing their journey to the local city to buy/sell goods.
    • Deserters and larger groups of bandits ought to target caravans more often and prey on caravan routes. Leave the peasant groups to smaller bands of looters and bandits.
    • Bandits ought to have preset locations of banditry HQ that are only discoverable through dialogue or someone with a very high scouting ability. Organized bandits don't simply roam the map listlessly without knowing that where their next meal is going to be. Historical banditry would occur on favorable trade routes where they would extort passerbys and traders for protection fees. and they would just stay there because that would be where they 'earn' their bread and butter. Not by wandering the world without a purpose.
    • AI armies should not be roaming around with their full armies raised up. Why would they just gallavant around the map with 100+ soldiers to hunt down bandits? In fact, why are AI lords even bothering to hunt down bandits themselves? Their retainers should be leading hunting groups to do that for them.
It's not just Warband features that I think TW should implement into Bannerlord. Many of these features were kind of "meh", even in Warband because they were not implemented to its full potential. Bannerlord shouldn't make the same mistake. Just because a game has a lot of features, if they aren't done to make gameplay engaging, then it probably isn't worth the developer effort. Leave it to the modders who do a much quicker job of implementing these things.

Regarding feasts - Just to reiterate, I understand they were kinda shoddy in Warband, but with a bit of work they could be way more meaningful
Off the top of my head:

-We should only be introduced to a bride/formalise a marriage during a feast; the AI attending could also come up with offers, either to the player or the present AI, taking in consideration their current relations. A dowry should be part of it as well, making use of the bargain system (which also needs some work to be more interesting than pressing the shake hands icon).

-The feasts should be used to TRY to increase relations with the desired NPCs; if you do your bit by buying nice provisions, organizing musicians and pop out cakes etc, chances are you will manage to befriend them, but there should be a risk of failing as well, making use of the dialogue system.

-2 options: Either make a speech and get a modest relationship bonus with most people attending(with a backfire possibility), or a higher bonus with one individual only.

-There should be a "time limit" as well, so that you'd have to choose the npcs you wanna interact with

- Other events (if they would be in) could only be organised during a feast: Hunts, alliances?

Last edited:
Yes, I must still be vague about that.
But why? Isn´t EA all about talking about the dev progess and what the community / customers think about it?

Wouldn´t it make sense to inform us what you´ve planned? I mean if you even have planned something about this feature.

Or is it just something like "You can now attack caravans and a pop up will appear and you demand money without a fight" stuff? And then there is some skill check and you get some money or fail and still have to fight. Or will there be some meat behind it like that you can create a bandit base?

I know I´m the bad guy here, but this claiment stuff is also something that isn´t new if you have played Warband. Or will you improve the feature? My understanding is that it will be the same as in Warband, which was nice but not that big of deal because it´s an old feature you now introduced.

Sometimes it feels like that "you" are using some kind of check list like:

- prison break done
- options if you capture a settlement done
- keep battles done

But there is not much behind this stuff. Sure it is now in the game, but is it good the way it is or just barebones? I appreciate every feature you add, but those stuff feels like not much for me. Like just doing the minimum so "you" can say it´s in the game, stuff that can be used for the Steam description without any real important gameplay behind it.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for going through the list @Duh_TaleWorlds ! In hingsight I can see how I was exaggerating it a bit, however still a bit sad some really cool features were cut. Still would love a proper vassal system even though it was somewhat linked to the upgradeable villages?

But why? Isn´t EA all about talking about the dev progess and what the community / customers think about it?
Sure and part of the community feedback has been that they would like more reliable statements. If i say X is planned, people will expect X to be part of the game. Even if it has all the mays and mights in my considerable dictionary of dodgyness. The very topic attests to it. It doesn't mean we can't discuss feature ideas like owning alleys and how you would like to see them implemented and what I personally might think about that idea - it just comes with a lot of hypotheticals. How about it? You can write your thoughts on it and we can discuss them instead of why I am not giving you an exact delivery date or confirmation for X feature :smile:

I know I´m the bad guy here, but this claiment stuff is also something that isn´t new if you have played Warband.
It is something that a lot of players have asked for. It is okay if you personally don't like it.

Edith:
Thanks a lot for going through the list @Duh_TaleWorlds ! In hingsight I can see how I was exaggerating it a bit, however still a bit sad some really cool features were cut. Still would love a proper vassal system even though it was somewhat linked to the upgradeable villages?
No worries, it was good to get that push to go through it. It can be a bit daunting to go over such a large body of text. Regarding "vassal system" - to be perfectly honest, I don't personally know what it is referencing nor have I seen such a thing when I joined the company. What I imagine might have happened is that it turned into the clan tier system over time (I think there were even clan tier titles based on those some time ago - but they clashed with the clan names themselves... f.e. Vlandia has clan names like House of X and a clan tier title might have been House of - so you have quirky things like House of House of X.)

It is something that a lot of players have asked for. It is okay if you personally don't like it.
I´ve edited my post to make it more clear. I like this feature like every feature you add to the game. More options, more stuff is always better in my opinion (even the barber).

But it´s not only about the feature itself but the stuff behind it. I like the keep battles, but I have now done about 10 and they´re always the same (same with hideouts). It´s still better to have them, but they don´t just add that much to the game. Hideouts do add more than keep battles though.
At least there are some small choices I can make (troops) and it has an impact on the game world if I clear them or not. Only the fights themselves get boring after you have done "some".

It´s the same with all of those awesome scenes you´ve created, they are really good. But there still isn´t that much to do in them. So if you have 5 unique cities or 500 doesn´t matter that much at all, they are all the same. You look at them and think "Wow, looks awesome" but not if you´ve seen them the 93th time :wink: . There need to be some life in it, like the still missed belligerent drunk dude or something like this. Random small encounters that can happen. Like you can get a small quest if you walk through a village / settlement, nothing important but just some small quest that you can´t get if you don´t visit them.

Or if you have a bad relation to the king of the kingdom you get more "bad" encounters, something like this. Should be doable I think.

A lot of players also have asked for feasts :wink:

Bonus question:

Is anything planned to be able to upgrade workshops?

Last edited:
A lot of players also have asked for feasts :wink:
And decisions must be made.

Is anything planned to be able to upgrade workshops?
How about it? You can write your thoughts on it and we can discuss them instead of why I am not giving you an exact delivery date or confirmation for X feature :smile:
Or I can share my personal thoughts without that step. I think it would be nice to allow players to dump raw resources into them (using a stash like inventory). It would deepen trader gameplay for pretty low cost.

Or I can share my personal thoughts without that step. I think it would be nice to allow players to dump raw resources into them (using a stash like inventory). It would deepen trader gameplay for pretty low cost.
Would improve them for sure. You could also relate it to the profit they make. More profit = less "XP" needed to upgrade them. Something like this. Like a level 3 workshop would give you +X profit compared to level 1. But of course there need to be some drawbacks, not that it´s just a safe investment to upgrade them. That´s the part where it gets more complicated I guess.

Maybe link it to some bandit stuff. Like they could attack your "workshop" if you don´t have good relations to the gangs in the settlement. Even on a small scale that would be nice I think.

Let´s say you have a level 3 workshop and bad relations to whoever. Then there is a risk for an encounter that can happen anytime. Like that they demand money, you pay and it´s good but if you don´t pay things can happen like it will be attacked and downgraded to level 1 if you lose the fight (The workers would defend it, not your army if you´re not in the town). Just some brainstorming from me.

I´m missing some action - reaction stuff in this game, even on this small scale. Things just should matter more.

Thanks for listening as always.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom