Where's this "hope" stuff coming from?

Users who are viewing this thread

TW are a small indie company?

HBO are an obscure TV network?
TW are a small indie company yes. HBO are not an obscure TV network.
Look i'm simply using a well known piece of media in order to explain observations I've made in other areas outside of gaming.
It can be anything, pizza day at the end of the school year, Dad coming home from getting cigarettes.

The point is,
A thing is hyped/advertised.
That thing doesn't live up to expectations.
Some people complain, others don't. Some people pretend they never cared. Most people move on.
Some people don't and thats ok.
If you never expected much or enjoy the product as is, that's fine too.
But only the truly desperate and lost will try to justify the whole ordeal by getting hyped for a "new thing" for example in this case BTS,
or in another example Dad coming back with cigarettes AND soda.

EDIT: I am more concerned with why it took Dad 10 years to get cigarettes. Why does Banner Lord have The Elder Scrolls 3 level collision?

Last edited:
That thing doesn't live up to expectations.
If it doesn't even live up to its own expectations, that should hint at something being more wrong than you suppose.

There's also, you know, the decade of development which led to it.

And then there's the two years of EA development, during which the biggest achievement was a half-broken impractical new system that didn't address any of the underlying issues with battles or other community concerns.

You could say the over-casualification and simplification of every aspect of the game is concerning.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but it's worth mentioning that the horse comes at the price of a Thoroughbred. Despite the sellers knowing it came out of the womb with two out of four limbs broken.

Small things like that.
TW are a small indie company yes.
And also can you define a "small indie company" relative to other game development companies.

I wanted some advice beforehand because my time is valuable and it takes dozens of hours to grind through the bull**** in this game to get a comprehensive view.

I've apparently played it for 91.5 hours in the last two weeks... so apparently as much as a full-time job...

And my verdict is the same as before: It has all of the bones of the greatest game ever, but it's all held together with duct tape and stale jizz. It has no soul because there's never any reason to interact with other characters or care about anything they do.
image.png

Like this right here. My wife tells me she's pregnant, so to celebrate I go and enlist in the tournament. She's my first combatant. I bash her face in with a mace. Ermmm... what? It's hard to take this jumble of half-implemented mechanics and call it a "game". At best, it's a work in progress: one I fear will never be done.

Yeah I see your point. But I just think making the mechanics as good as they can be. Quests and immersion seems simple to implement once you have a working structure for it

I downloaded original Mount & Blade from GOG a couple of weeks back, and it's a joy to be able to play the old game again. The original game CD no longer functions with Windows 10, and downloaded copies from Amazon or other sources didn't work either, until GOG packaged it with whatever it needed to run under Windows 10. While I miss some of the added features from Warband, I still think the original game was more enjoyable. Then there are the mods for it....

The one M&B mod in particular which comes to mind was Sword of Damocles. The starting equipment and your faction troops' starting skills were so annoyingly over the top that the original game's stuff was nearly useless (when you're already at the top, there's nowhere to go but down), but the kingdom management options, building choices, edicts you could pass, and other features were pretty much everything I could have asked for in the newer games. Sadly, instead of getting "more" in Bannerlord, we got "less". If modders could do it with original M&B's limitations, why can't TW do something comparable now after 10 years of work?

I downloaded original Mount & Blade from GOG a couple of weeks back, and it's a joy to be able to play the old game again. The original game CD no longer functions with Windows 10, and downloaded copies from Amazon or other sources didn't work either, until GOG packaged it with whatever it needed to run under Windows 10. While I miss some of the added features from Warband, I still think the original game was more enjoyable. Then there are the mods for it....

The one M&B mod in particular which comes to mind was Sword of Damocles. The starting equipment and your faction troops' starting skills were so annoyingly over the top that the original game's stuff was nearly useless (when you're already at the top, there's nowhere to go but down), but the kingdom management options, building choices, edicts you could pass, and other features were pretty much everything I could have asked for in the newer games. Sadly, instead of getting "more" in Bannerlord, we got "less". If modders could do it with original M&B's limitations, why can't TW do something comparable now after 10 years of work?

Yep SOD was revolutionary in gameplay/Kingdom play. IIRC i also had a much improved Auto-Calc system taking things like weapon types/Armor/terrain into calculation

The update is far better than other updates, but only in comparison to those other updates, if you compare this game to other games it's quite modest. The game is still fundamentally "meh" to me. People are only mesmerized by the update because they are so starved of anything remotely good, and when you hit rock bottom, the mud-filled trench still looks mesmerizing from below.

The update is far better than other updates, but only in comparison to those other updates, if you compare this game to other games it's quite modest. The game is still fundamentally "meh" to me. People are only mesmerized by the update because they are so starved of anything remotely good, and when you hit rock bottom, the mud-filled trench still looks mesmerizing from below.
Yep, really average stuff for any normal game.
Hell, fixing (kinda?) sieges 2 years into EA is actually more insulting than anything, I'd say.

Hell, fixing (kinda?) sieges 2 years into EA is actually more insulting than anything, I'd say.
Sure but still better than if never fixed or? I mean we are talking about TW so this was a welcome surprise after 22 months.

But it seems that they´re are already back to their old habbits (no communication about anything).

Back
Top Bottom