Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone "I apologize for my approximate English in advance", I decided to leave the info I have on the upcoming update seen the chaos that I seen on the forum, the update coming next day it's nothing change or no problem meet i need to clarify am not 100% sure of my source but it will be confirmed tomorrow y gess.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you can't stand when people attack other people, may be you shouldn't play war games? Just kidding. The name of this thread clearly indicates its content. If you are happy with how its going - just pass by. The only reason fanboys enter such threads is to personally attack other people, see this nice example. But also, there are a lot of praise threads, like this. I don't read them and I don't break in, calling them idiots or something else. See the difference? One group of people post their criticism in relevant topics, seeking to improve EA experience for everybody. And another group just insult them for no good reason.

I am not sure if I would qualify as a "fanboy" in your view, but you are basically saying that anyone who disagrees with you should not post. I don't think forums work quite that way :smile: . 100% agree on the name calling, that's unnecessary and frankly childish. But it's not like it only comes from one side (and honestly I am having troubles seeing what the sides are. I often post criticism about the game and think that the state it was released in was shameful, but I am also not a fan of dev bashing, especially since as far as I can see they are actually trying to fix things. Where does that put me?).

I am not sure if I would qualify as a "fanboy" in your view, but you are basically saying that anyone who disagrees with you should not post. I don't think forums work quite that way :smile: . 100% agree on the name calling, that's unnecessary and frankly childish. But it's not like it only comes from one side (and honestly I am having troubles seeing what the sides are. I often post criticism about the game and think that the state it was released in was shameful, but I am also not a fan of dev bashing, especially since as far as I can see they are actually trying to fix things. Where does that put me?).

That makes you realistic. This thread and ita supporters are acting entitled. The game is definitely anemic but it's getting there and shows promise.

I honestly thought most of the entitled posters here were just being trolls, but they really are believers it seems. Its clear that the patches stopped because they split into a beta cycle, the beta is getting hot fixes and it gets moved live when TW is happy. I'd rather the programmers work on the game than chat on the forums. I dont ever remember TW ever really being big on posting much. There is a lack of patience towards the first month of a game that clearly needs more than a few weeks of work before we get everything. Its almost like they thought they were buying a finished game when TW clearly said it would be another year before everything is in place.

That makes you realistic. This thread and ita supporters are acting entitled. The game is definitely anemic but it's getting there and shows promise.

I honestly thought most of the entitled posters here were just being trolls, but they really are believers it seems. Its clear that the patches stopped because they split into a beta cycle, the beta is getting hot fixes and it gets moved live when TW is happy. I'd rather the programmers work on the game than chat on the forums. I dont ever remember TW ever really being big on posting much. There is a lack of patience towards the first month of a game that clearly needs more than a few weeks of work before we get everything. Its almost like they thought they were buying a finished game when TW clearly said it would be another year before everything is in place.
It's super strange.

People seem to think because of the price they paid, they should get more than what's being advertised ie. Access to a game that's still in development. The price may even go up for release, so I also look at it as a discount for buying in early.

I can understand asking for a vague road map or better communication, but anything more is silly.

Take your time, TW. If you hurry and release a patch, people will be mad if there are issues or it's 'not enough' in their mind. If you take your time to get it right, people will complain about taking too long. I'd rather get good updates than game breaking updates, personally.

TW has said it will be in Early Access for a while. I'm just happy they released a playable version.

The idea of EA is "working alongside the community and utilizing user feedback" - quote from store page. What your post is about? Are you telling other people to shut up? You know what to do with your advice, right?

I mean, "YOU AREN'T PATCHING FAST ENOUGH YOU LAZY F****" is, uh, horrible feedback. This is the most useless feedback thread in the entire forum. The best you would get if Taleworlds took this thread with any sort of seriousness, is them just ****ing around with version numbers and doing almost nothing many patches in a row just to keep people howling about patches mollified. I'd rather patches have some substance, and I'd also rather taleworlds did not crunch their employees to abusive levels. Now I know this last part is controversial because entitled assholes think game devs should sleep under their desks pulling 100 hour weeks forever because "they are making games, it's fun", but, man, **** that you know?

I mean, "YOU AREN'T PATCHING FAST ENOUGH YOU LAZY F****" is, uh, horrible feedback. This is the most useless feedback thread in the entire forum. The best you would get if Taleworlds took this thread with any sort of seriousness, is them just ****ing around with version numbers and doing almost nothing many patches in a row just to keep people howling about patches mollified. I'd rather patches have some substance, and I'd also rather taleworlds did not crunch their employees to abusive levels. Now I know this last part is controversial because entitled assholes think game devs should sleep under their desks pulling 100 hour weeks forever because "they are making games, it's fun", but, man, **** that you know?

Funny thing is that they got a TW member to respond here and it still wasn't good enough.

Nice to see a response from a developer.

They should pin updates to the top of the forum.
I must admit that i have missed this one.

Yeah, there's a big chance they just ran off with the money, the fact that has been absolutely NO updates from the devs, not even a dev diary or something is a BIG red flag. You should definitely be scared.
Is this guy just creating more accounts to suport his own mindless bull****?

No, you completely missed the point, although I clearly explained everything with examples. What I'm saying is -
If you have nothing to do with the discussed topic, your only goal is to bother people, then of course you should not post there. If someone appeal to developers with a specific problem, you are not developer and you disagree (funny in itself, right?) - most likely they don't need your opinion, so don't waste other people's time. The only thing you will achieve is a constant bumping of the thread you dislike. Exactly what we are observing here. Well, if this is what you want, go ahead. But then don't complain about rudeness.

So, how this is related to agreeing with me personally? In no way. As for the sides - I gave two as an example, but actually there are many sides. You're hanging out somewhere in the middle, probably. I honestly don't care, I respond to posts until it turns out that I'm talking to an idiot.. then he goes to the ignore list, so I don't waste my time.

As for the bashing on developers, I wouldn't call it such a bashing. And the funny thing is - this thread "worked", we got at least something. While post like this get completely ignored: Callum, my dear community manager, would you please at least tell us... So, may be its the right thing to do, I mean, "bashing"? I'm not calling for anything, just reasoning)

Last edited:
No, you completely missed the point, although I clearly explained everything with examples. What I'm saying is -
If you have nothing to do with the discussed topic, your only goal is to bother people, than of course you should not post there. If someone appeal to developers with a specific problem, you are not developer and you disagree (funny in itself, right?) - most likely no one needs your opinion, don't waste other people's time. The only thing you will achieve is a constant bumping of the thread you hate. Exactly what we are observing here.

So, how this is related to agreeing with me personally? In no way. As for the sides - I gave two as an example, but actually there are many sides. You're hanging out somewhere in the middle, probably. I honestly don't care, I respond to posts.
you should realize its not a private discussion and people are free to speak their mind, also cut your passive aggressive threats, its the internet you wouldn't even scare my grandma mr. boxer-web developer- jesus- whatever you want. Deep breaths.

I'm not a huge fan of this thread, although it is formulated in a humorous way, and the author acknowledged this. But I never posted there until a developer decided to give an update exactly in this thread at page 8. Again - who's fault that we are getting updates in some random places, not in a devblog? And what I and other people said was that update is quite uninformative and ignores some of the pressing issues raised many times. This was about communication, It was no longer about any patch. Moreover, I never asked for patch. But even if some people demand, then what? Are you authorized to oppress them? You better ignore, so it’ll drown sooner. And there are moderators to deal with especially inadequate personalities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom