Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are not making any sense, literally contradicting yourself in the span of 2 lines and you are assuming things, again, deeeeeeep breath and you'll feel better, trust me :grin:
I don’t contradict myself, I just used your own methods to address you. Are you not able to distinguish such a simple thing?

This whole thread would not be here if TW gave us a roadmap or at least some form of weekly post.
The fact that we are all in the dark is the reason for this and other threads like it.

As far as a roadmap goes i get the reason that dev's don't like to give them but i believe having one causes less problems.
I would also suggest a solution to this in the form of a forum rule.

Dev's post a roadmap that clearly states timeframes may change etc.
Joe bloggs later that week whines that X wasn't implemented despite this.
Joe Bloggs forum banned for a week/month people would soon get the message problem solved :smile:
And the rest of us that have more than two brain cells to rub together would get the info we crave.

Last edited:
i'm just saying some people think they are owed something and that's not how the real world works in this case
Think about what you bring to this thread. You don't create anything but flame, dissatisfied users don't need your judgments. They want a response from the developers. I bring negative feedback, which is a source for improvements. And you can say "thanks developers" 10000 times, this will improve nothing, only flood the forum.

Have you not read the notice on the Steam profile of the game? I am not saying developers should get free pass on anything if they put the EA sticker on their game. We all probably know here some big game studios exploited the term to hide selling half baked products.
Little more info on what is going on would be helpful giving the fact we fund their development I get it. Make a suggestion in a separate thread and others including myself would probably support it. You see the EA started a month ago - 30 days do you expect mountains being pushed over that period of time?
Have you read my post? Notifying players in three sentences about the current state of the game equals to mountains being pushed?

Do you lack any kind of empathy?
Imagine working on project or anything else with you team. You work towards weekly springs and somehow this week there is a bank holiday. You and your team encounter an issue and you are out of time and unable to fix it this week. Your team decides to leave the issues for next week so you can address the problems with the effort they require. Assuming what @Duh_TaleWorlds stated and the patch won't get released by to day, it is due 2 days. Their PR might not be perfect but this has nothing to do with it.
Very touching story, especially considering that for the last 15 years I have been working as a game designer/animator/programmer in gamedev company that has grown from 20 to 400 people.

This whole thread would not be here if TW gave us a roadmap or at least some form of weekly post.
The fact that we are all in the dark is the reason for this and other threads like it.

As far as a roadmap goes i get the reason that dev's don't like to give them but i believe having one causes less problems.

Joe Bloggs forum banned for a week/month people would soon get the message problem solved :smile:
And the rest of us that have more than two brain cells to rub together would get the info we crave.

I agree. Taking Oldschool Runescape for example.
The devs do weekly streamed QA where they discuss current development and taking suggestions from players. That game is a different league, subscription based but weekly announcements would be reasonable. The few lines of patch notes simply won't check. It gives little inside on what is and what is not being done.

Don't like rudeness? You see, its bad idea to tell other people what to do, especially if they are not talking to you. But I will also give you advice. If you like everything so much, then go play and have fun. Do not stick your nose into threads where people appeal to developers to solve some issues that don't concern you. Because you can run into rudeness and be upset, why? Better find yourself some nice and useful activity.

Man who are you, a mafia thug? :lol:

Think about what you bring to this thread. You don't create anything but flame, dissatisfied users don't need your judgments. They want a response from the developers. I bring negative feedback, which is a source for improvements. And you can say "thanks developers" 10000 times, this will improve nothing, only flood the forum.

From where I am standing it's posts like this that are a flame bait. You are not really providing any feedback, you are just demanding things. We (me included) have already asked for a roadmap and many other things, several times, they are aware, nagging them is not going to do anything good. Take a chill pill and let them work.

Have you read my post? Notifying players in three sentences about the current state of the game equals to mountains being pushed?

Very touching story, especially considering that for the last 15 years I have been working as a game developer in a company that has grown from 20 to 400 people.

Yes, I've read you post but I am getting the impression you exaggerated your point. I don't believe there is an absolute lack of information.

what do you bring to this thread? negative criticism? no you just go "GiVeMeAPaTChDeVs****NotWorKIngOnLaborDAy", you bring nothing and its not even healthy to get that angry :grin:

Man who are you, a mafia thug? :lol:

From where I am standing it's posts like this that are a flame bait. You are not really providing any feedback, you are just demanding things. We (me included) have already asked for a roadmap and many other things, several times, they are aware, nagging them is not going to do anything good. Take a chill pill and let them work.
No, I'm Alexander, 38, a game developer from Russia. I am fond of real-time procedural mesh generation, shader programming, artificial intelligence, boxing, and unfortunately this game.

Well, feedback is essentially the same as demanding things. The form of expression depends on the reaction. At first you politely ask, when you are being ignored, you begin to demand. This is a normal property of anyone who cares. Look through the forum, many people are angry. And it’s not their fault, not their fault at all.

Well, feedback is essentially the same as demanding things. The form of expression depends on the reaction. At first you politely ask, when you are being ignored, you begin to demand. This is a normal property of anyone who cares. Look through the forum, many people are angry. And it’s not their fault, not their fault at all.

It really isn't though. And yes, it is their fault. I share many of the same concerns about the game, but you don't see me raging on the forum. I do think that being in self isolation has a lot to do with it, people are going nuts and they release their frustration where they can. But I don't see what good this does for game development or the forum community. All I see is people fighting each other over nothing.

No, I'm Alexander, 38, a game developer from Russia. I am fond of real-time procedural mesh generation, shader programming, artificial intelligence, boxing, and unfortunately this game.

And I'm Vladimir Putin, now salute.

This right here is the answer. All of the anger would dissipate and much dissatisfaction would be tempered if we had reasonable, and routine communication about the game's development. If you are going the EA route, you should inform your community of the development and leverage the eagerness of the community to accomplish testing goals. The silence only makes the process suspicious and disorganized.

They would honestly be doing themselves a huge service if they leverage the eager community instead of leaving us in the dark.

They have been working on a patch for days now and got some major problems with it. That's why they don't release it yet...

I'm sorry but regurgitating what the dev said, without a spec of context or explanation, amounts to saying nothing at all. The pressure from this thread's popularity and interaction catalyzed a response from them, with the intent to appease and placate. However, since nothing of substance was said, it can just as easily be discarded.

I'm sorry but regurgitating what the dev said, without a spec of context or explanation, amounts to saying nothing at all. The pressure from this thread's popularity and interaction catalyzed a response from them, with the intent to appease and placate. However, since nothing of substance was said, it can just as easily be discarded.
the popularity of a thread consisting of trolls feeding trolls and vice-versa doesn't say much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom