Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TW's cash reserves and valuation would both be in the multi-million category at present (as an entrepreneur with experience in video games, I estimate in the 10's of millions actually). A multi-million (dollar) company is precisely what they are in an economic sense.

Their culture and experience doesn't match that though. They are a bit of a fish out of water at this point and probably need to invest in some experienced PR people while they work on professionalising some of their other processes as well. If they don't adapt to the limelight they have found themselves in, they will have a hard slog for the next couple of years finishing this thing while taking heat from impatient players.
It's quite possible that they have trouble going from small indie "garage" studio to growing startup company.

I worked for more than 15 years in a telco's procurement department, as an auditor and troubleshooter. A lot of growing companies I had to visit had stumbled when going from 10 guys to a 100+. Suddenly you need much more coordination, leadership, roadmaps, detailed documentation and the like. You can't just rely on direct leadership and the cohesion of a very small team. It's quite another game.

Quite often, the founder(s) can't delegate and coordinate properly and try to control everything, like they could with a 10 person crew. Some couldn't adapt and either drove the company down or had to leave. Some did adapt well or transferred a lot of their authority to a new manager. (Often with some regrets).
It's not an easy thing to do for the person in charge. You need to change company culture, which is quite hard. Especially for yourself, when you're the boss.

It's quite possible that they have trouble going from small indie "garage" studio to growing startup company.

I worked for more than 15 years in a telco's procurement department, as an auditor and troubleshooter. A lot of growing companies I had to visit had stumbled when going from 10 guys to a 100+. Suddenly you need much more coordination, leadership, roadmaps, detailed documentation and the like. You can't just rely on direct leadership and the cohesion of a very small team. It's quite another game.

Quite often, the founder(s) can't delegate and coordinate properly and try to control everything, like they could with a 10 person crew. Some couldn't adapt and either drove the company down or had to leave. Some did adapt well or transferred a lot of their authority to a new manager. (Often with some regrets).
It's not an easy thing to do for the person in charge. You need to change company culture, which is quite hard. Especially for yourself, when you're the boss.

This is a good point, might be why we are seeing some rough edges in development and features.

Expecting people to work overtime and on holidays to change someone's personal impression about "not working hard enough"? Funny stuff. You've purchased a game in development, not every single TW employee as a slave.

Communication about internal processes is indeed lackluster, though mexxico pops up in some threads and manages to share what is being worked on regardless. That's a welcome kind of community interaction. Seeing more staff being more open would indeed ease the uncertainty burden we're all carrying as a community.

Balancing aside (that's a mathematical beast of its own), patching bugs isn't as simple as slamming a big red "fix bug" button. Why no patch before weekend? Likely because it wasn't possible to fix everything in that time. Why no patch on weekend? Probably because their own kids are a bit more of a factor than your bannerlord kids not growing fast enough.

There's no stopping demands to work 24/7 to fulfill an obligation existing only in the minds of those demanding it, so my post was a waste of time, anyway xP.

I hope this game ends up being really good and I think the key is communication with community and modders.
I fully agree with this... basically I have my hopes and expectations fixed on the future mods such as LOTR and Warhammer. The base game should be good, but modding is where it will hopefully establish a legacy that will last many years. :smile:

I fully agree with this... basically I have my hopes and expectations fixed on the future mods such as LOTR and Warhammer. The base game should be good, but modding is where it will hopefully establish a legacy that will last many years. :smile:
LOTR will give this game an incredible atmosphere.

Expecting people to work overtime and on holidays to change someone's personal impression about "not working hard enough"? Funny stuff. You've purchased a game in development, not every single TW employee as a slave.

Communication about internal processes is indeed lackluster, though mexxico pops up in some threads and manages to share what is being worked on regardless. That's a welcome kind of community interaction. Seeing more staff being more open would indeed ease the uncertainty burden we're all carrying as a community.

Balancing aside (that's a mathematical beast of its own), patching bugs isn't as simple as slamming a big red "fix bug" button. Why no patch before weekend? Likely because it wasn't possible to fix everything in that time. Why no patch on weekend? Probably because their own kids are a bit more of a factor than your bannerlord kids not growing fast enough.

There's no stopping demands to work 24/7 to fulfill an obligation existing only in the minds of those demanding it, so my post was a waste of time, anyway xP.
Ignoring the amusingly exaggerated and just overall silly straw-man statements that are basically trying to insult everyone's intelligence (in bold), I think we all agree that regular and transparent communication would likely mitigate a lot of the concerns. The devs need to aim to establish this asap.

I think we all agree that regular and transparent communication would likely mitigate a lot of the concerns. The devs need to aim to establish this asap.
That's true. Part of the outrage is consequense of being oblivious not just regarding what exactly is being done, but whether something is beng done at all or not. Doesn't have to be a roadmap with specific dates, either - a simple "we're planning to implement features in roughly that order" would do.

Ignoring the amusingly exaggerated and just overall silly straw-man statements that are basically trying to insult everyone's intelligence (in bold)
People demanding patches on holidays and weekends either haven't bothered to check whether it's work days for TW, or feel entitled to devs' personal time as well. If the latter is the case, the statement you've emboldened isn't actually as much of an exaggeration as you're choosing to portray it as. But you do you.

People demanding patches on holidays and weekends either haven't bothered to check whether it's work days for TW, or feel entitled to devs' personal time as well. If the latter is the case, the statement you've emboldened isn't actually as much of an exaggeration as you're choosing to portray it as. But you do you.
"You do you"... I can see you have an entire repertoire of hackneyed sayings on tap. Keep them coming, we all need some light comedy relief in these times. :grin:

"You do you"... I can see you have an entire repertoire of hackneyed sayings on tap. Keep them coming, we all need some light comedy relief in these times. :grin:
I'm not sure what bothers you so much in my reply. I'm not a native English speaker, so if "you do you" has some derogatory quality to it, my apologies. I've meant that it's your right to interpret my words the way you choose to, but I probably meant something other than what you've thought I did.

If you have a personal issue to solve with me, you're always welcome in PMs

I've waited for over a week to get the companion bug fixed. Cant recruit any wanderes except the first wave of spawns. I havnt played this week due to that. And i dont want to go back to 1.2 where ai lords mass spawn out of nowhere with legion of recruits for stopping snowball.

I'm not sure what bothers you so much in my reply. I'm not a native English speaker, so if "you do you" has some derogatory quality to it, my apologies. I've meant that it's your right to interpret my words the way you choose to, but I probably meant something other than what you've thought I did.

If you have a personal issue to solve with me, you're always welcome in PMs
Ahh I see... "you do you" is often "cute" way of patronising someone. If you didn't mean that and it's just an English thing then my apologies. :smile:

Anyway, looking forward to some kind of statement or release from the Devs this week, so lets focus our energy on that. :smile:

when will the update be released?
It's anyone's guess really. Mine is some time this week.
What happens if modding tools come?
The tools will make it quite a bit easier to mod the game. Modders will be able to create bigger and better mods more quickly, which is always the highlight of the Singleplayer experience.

Constant asking for it will have no impact on it's availability so some of you might want to consider dialing it down a bit.

It's anyone's guess really. Mine is some time this week.

Constant asking for it will have no impact on it's availability so some of you might want to consider dialing it down a bit.

thank you for answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom