Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callum's primary job is to deliver our feedback to the devs and help sort out the useful info from the hysterical nonsense
Indeed. The more garbage posts, trolling, and pointless arguments that we as a community produce, the more he has to sift through in order to find something of value to pass on to the development team.

That said, he can make his own life easier with a bit more pro-active management of the community. Case in point, we have 5 pages (so far) of "content" in this thread, which could be condensed and refined to:

"TW set the target of a weekly cycle to stabilise the beta build and move it to the main branch. It's been 11 days, can we have an update please?"

That should already be obvious, and shouldn't even need to be said out loud - let alone expressed in the midst of 5 pages of fanboi vs jaded troll wars.

When you set a target and you're not going to hit it, you give an update. That's how the public market works, that's how people's jobs work (if they want to keep them). Targets get missed all the time, that's life. People have expectations, and those expectations won't always be met - but they do always need to be managed, if you want to avoid mountains of garbage posting.

There will always be trolls and stupid arguments. This is the Internet after all. But most people are satisfied by being told what the reasonable goal is, and being informed of the reasonable delays to achieving it when they happen.

Yeah, they can shut down company tomorrow with the money they earned with uncomplete game.

I don't understand people speculating TW running away with money. Most of those people have been working on this game for years and this is their main job. They established a game and a brand, why would they just randomly run away when its all coming together lol.

I mean if you wanna speculate TW sucks at making games and will never finish the game because of incompetence that is whatever. However saying they will randomly run away because they got some money seems weird. Is that what you think of when you get a good chunk of money? Run away?

I don't understand people speculating TW running away with money. Most of those people have been working on this game for years and this is their main job. They established a game and a brand, why would they just randomly run away when its all coming together lol.

I mean if you wanna speculate TW sucks at making games and will never finish the game because of incompetence that is whatever. However saying they will randomly run away because they got some money seems weird. Is that what you think of when you get a good chunk of money? Run away?
I don't think they were serious about that :grin:

Yeah, there's a big chance they just ran off with the money, the fact that has been absolutely NO updates from the devs, not even a dev diary or something is a BIG red flag. You should definitely be scared.

Last edited:
As much as i want an update i do know in fact that the devs are dming people asking for save file data (myself included) about certain crashed and bugs......
how ever with auto save being **** its hard to get a data where the bug happened
they should add an update where auto save saves daily and when you click on it on the right there is a slide for days like total war auto save
this will be QOL for us and helps devs get easier data

i dont believe like how someone said they ignoring us on purpose
save system is bad for data collecting hence delayed update whenever a rare bug shows up.......

Yeah, there's a big chance they just ran off with the money, the fact that has been absolutely NO updates from the devs, not even a dev diary or something is a BIG red flag. You should definitely be scared.
If they ran off, who's been dropping all these patches for the game? Damn, I am scared now...

I believe they are working on overhauling the current perk system which will take time I believe it was Mexxico that said that in a thread on here but I cant remember which one

Lot of other developers havent had that much success with releasing EA title, and i am pretty sure TW knew how hyped the game was, so the sales werent a surprise. Of course when you get so much sales of it, you can expect more demands from the people, and if its not delivered or at least not explained, well then the complains start, at first slowly and then, well its like an avalanche...
Precisely this. If TW release an Early Access game for a "finished" price, knowing full well the hype and the sales that will result then they have a responsibility to deliver a high level of quality. That is currently not the case.

All of the people saying: "It's early access you have no right to complain" are starting to make me feel nauseous and clearly have little experience with the real world outside of their bedrooms.

All TW have to do to mitigate threads like this is communicate and be transparent. They have a duty to inform all of the people that paid AAA prices for a game that is in a D- state of development as to what the current things are that are being worked on and the approximate ETA's for delivery. We are stakeholders, not freeloaders.

Last edited:
Precisely this. If TW release an Early Access game for a "finished" price, knowing full well the hype and the sales that will result then they have a responsibility to deliver a high level of quality. That is currently not the case.

All of the people saying: "It's early access you have no right to complain" are starting to make me feel nauseous and clearly have little experience with the real world outside of their bedrooms.

All TW have to do to mitigate threads like this is communicate and be transparent. They have a duty to inform all of the people that paid AAA prices for a game that is in a D- state of development as to what the current things are that are being worked on and the approximate ETA's for delivery. We are stakeholders, not freeloaders.
The thing is, no one forced anyone to purchase the game in it's current state. I feel there is more than enough warning on Steam of what you are buying into ie. an unfinished game that's in development. If people wanted a fully polished AAA experience, then maybe they should've waited for the game to be completed.

Would I like more communication? Sure.
Do I expect anything more than early access to the game in it's current state? Nope

The thing is, no one forced anyone to purchase the game in it's current state. I feel there is more than enough warning on Steam of what you are buying into ie. an unfinished game that's in development. If people wanted a fully polished AAA experience, then maybe they should've waited for the game to be completed.

Would I like more communication? Sure.
Do I expect anything more than early access to the game in it's current state? Nope
This is pure kindergarten logic and seems to be something parroted by people who love the game franchise and aren't mature enough to be able to rationally deal with any valid criticism and form some reason feel irrationally obligated to white knight for the devs.

"No-one forced you to buy it" is not, and never has been, a valid excuse in ANY scenario in business or legal scenario and any experienced adult knows this. When someone pays money for a product there are certain expectations and levels of service that must be fulfilled in order to be considered reasonable.

The Steam page was also not accurate for EU buyers as I detailed in another thread... https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...even-taking-into-account-early-access.420243/

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

Very much stable and playable? Only "obscure" bugs? That is basically false advertising considering the current state of the game and its features.

This is pure kindergarten logic. "No-one forced you to buy it" is not, and never has been, a valid excuse in ANY scenario in business or legal scenario and any experienced adult knows this. When someone pays money for a product there are certain expectations and levels of service that must be fulfilled in order to be considered reasonable.

The Steam page was also not accurate for EU buyers as I detailed in another thread... https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...even-taking-into-account-early-access.420243/

Very much stable and playable? Only "obscure" bugs? That is basically false advertising considering the current state of the game and its features.
It's pretty straight forward logic actually.

Is this your first EA game or something? I've been in quite a few, a lot that didn't even make it to final release. EA games are a gamble, it states specifically on Steam that 'This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.' Do people just ignore these statements?

Legal scenario? Give me a break, go take them to court and let me know how that goes.

The game is very much stable and playable for the majority of players, I just need to look at my own experience and the reviews to see that. Unless you can prove otherwise?

We want patch we want patch we want patch we want patch we want patch!!!!!

Let's go and declare war on TW they can't make peace with us because the feature is missing ??

It's pretty straight forward logic actually.

Is this your first EA game or something? I've been in quite a few, a lot that didn't even make it to final release. EA games are a gamble, it states specifically on Steam that 'This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.' Do people just ignore these statements?

I already quoted a very specific statement from Steam that is simply not factually correct and can certainly be considered inaccurate if not misleading, so I don't see how your much more vague and high-level quote about the game "not being complete" changes that.

Legal scenario? Give me a break, go take them to court and let me know how that goes.

The game is very much stable and playable for the majority of players, I just need to look at my own experience and the reviews to see that. Unless you can prove otherwise?
I am not going to take them to court, I am simply picking apart the kindergarten logic and statements in your post and making it clear, based on a couple of decades of working life and business and consumer experience, that simply stating something in "early access" does not absolve you from the responsibility to deliver a quality product and communicate transparently with the people that have paid you a significant amount of money. Bannerlord has already made millions and TW made a questionable ethical choice by deciding to release Bannerlord in this state of development, at a premium price, and now they have a strong obligation to deliver

If you don't understand that concept of payment vs quality/delivery then I will reasonably assume that you have a lack of experience in these areas. As such, lets just agree to disagree as I have nothing more to add in response to you that I haven't already written.

We all excited about this game, the potential is huge, but lets not lose sight of being able to look at things objectively and critically.

Last edited:
I am entitled. Entitled to the promise of the game I paid for. Entitled to receive regular updates as a result of my patronage. Entitled to the eventuality of a finished product. And as a customer of an early access title, dare I say it, entitled to regular updates with respect to communication (as essentially an investor in the production of a game).

Any were exactly did you get promsied Weekly updates?

(BTW you are a Buyer, not a Shareholder)

I think the main issue here seems to be communication. The solution is simple really.

Their PR member(s) just need to add a sticky thread on what they are working on for the current patches and what are their tentative plans for the next one. I assume they already make a list of stuff before they start working on them so why not share it with the community ? And open a feedback thread in an another sticky post.

We know that TW is not a multi-million company and community can help them. So why not be more interactive? Maybe it would make things easier for themselves too.

I think the main issue here seems to be communication. The solution is simple really.

Their PR member(s) just need to add a sticky thread on what they are working on for the current patches and what are their tentative plans for the next one. I assume they already make a list of stuff before they start working on them so why not share it with the community ? And open a feedback thread in an another sticky post.

We know that TW is not a multi-million company and community can help them. So why not be more interactive? Maybe it would make things easier for themselves too.
Of course TW is a multi-million dollar value company, where on earth did you get the impression that it wasn't? :???:

1. Bannerlord has already reportedly sold between 2 and 5 million copies at $30-$50 each... and that was back at the beginning of April https://gameworldobserver.com/2020/04/06/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-tops-steam-bestselling-list/
  2. They have around 100 staff https://www.linkedin.com/company/taleworlds-entertainment

But yes, increased communication and transparency would go a long way to establishing trust from the people who bought into this.

TW's cash reserves and valuation would both be in the multi-million category at present (as an entrepreneur with experience in video games, I estimate in the 10's of millions actually). A multi-million (dollar) company is precisely what they are in an economic sense.

Their culture and experience doesn't match that though. They are a bit of a fish out of water at this point and probably need to invest in some experienced PR people while they work on professionalising some of their other processes as well. If they don't adapt to the limelight they have found themselves in, they will have a hard slog for the next couple of years finishing this thing while taking heat from impatient players.

Of course TW is a multi-million dollar value company, where on earth did you get the impression that it wasn't? :???:

1. Bannerlord has already reportedly sold between 2 and 5 million copies at $30-$50 each... and that was back at the beginning of April https://gameworldobserver.com/2020/04/06/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-tops-steam-bestselling-list/
  2. They have around 100 staff https://www.linkedin.com/company/taleworlds-entertainment

But yes, increased communication and transparency would go a long way to establishing trust from the people who bought into this.

What I meant was that they are not composed of experienced staff like big game companies and their structure correlates lot more with indie ones. I think even they weren't expecting sales numbers as high as this for Early Access and the game had this many fans. Even by looking at LinkedIn profiles you would notice a lot of them are new graduates. I want to see them grow like CDPR really :smile: I hope this game ends up being really good and I think the key is communication with community and modders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom