Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they patch daily, there will still be some conspiratorial discussion about the "State of the Game". The gaming community being involved daily is a great thing, but then there is also the chance to become very toxic.

I can understand developers being very careful when they post updates or statements as to not create false rumors and such. I don't read much into it. If they don't post in a few weeks, I will worry. However, right now there is a lot going on in the world that is outside of our control. A game is just a distraction from this, so maybe think about the big picture and play another game in the meantime.

When I purchased as EA I considered ahead of time that I could be disappointed. It's a bit of a risk to buy any EA game. Whether I'm disappointed or not about where the game will go in the long-run, I just saw I already put in over 100 hours. I haven't finished my 2nd campaign yet, as I am waiting for yet more patches. So I check here daily looking for another status to encourage me to play more. So you could say the patch updates do effect my willingless to continue to play... but it didn't stop me from accumulating over 100 hours of playtime from the get-go.

After all this we will get a patch and hotfix now and a hotfix and a hotfix and a hotfix and a hotfix of the hotfix and a hotfix of that hotfix and a hotfix of the hotfix... Thank you so much!

For last 3 days I tried to understand reasons of lords remaining with 0 gold situation which happens at 1.3.0. It is not common but when happens it is so disturbing, lords even cannot buy food and starving. I was also expecting to prove Sturgians are suffering mostly as economical because their towns has very low prosperity compared others. However I see that Aserai suffers more as economical compared to Sturgia even they have several towns with high prosperity. Also Battanians were in a good economical situation in most games even their total number of towns and total prosperity is less than others even from Sturgia and Aserai. Then it was obvious total income is not mainly come from taxes. I was expecting 80% of npc clan's income comes from taxes but this ratio was lower it seems. Then I collect data from battle loots too in addition to taxes. Made a table all together. In the table it was clearly seen battle loots are so important for Npc clans. Long peace times (identified as blue rectangles in table) damage kingdom's economy because lords cannot get loots, in opposite in war times kingdom clans get rich (red rectangles). As you see at table a kingdom's income source mainly comes from tax from towns / castles / villages but it is only 60% was not 80% like I expect. Remaining 35% come from battles. About 5% others (prisoners, etc).

In table there is only one game 10 year run data. In that game Sturgia was not isolated much and joined lots of battles thats why their economy did not go bad. However in some gameplays Sturgians can be so isolated and they can have long peace times. This also damage their economy. Then if they go in war when their economy is not good they lose settlements because of weak garrisons. Also yes second reason is their tax income per fortification is least among all kingdoms. (in table it is not so obvious because they captured 1-2 extra towns)

GYq5i.png

By the way empire column for poor clan leaders (last 6 columns) is for all 3 empire factions. You can divide it to 3 to compare with others.

As conclusion, with a patch we will decrease loot income from battles (for only npcs, they get this income as gold instead of items for now, however there was no trade penalty applied, we will add that) by 50% and we will increase all tax incomes from settlements by 25%. This will make economy of kingdoms more stable, they will not need battles to save their economical balance, also player will get 25% better tax too. Current bonuses for Sturgia and Aserai can change in future they are not effective and these two factions should get some important bonus because they suffer from geographical positions also Sturgia has lowest prosperity and they get 30-40% less tax income compared average of others.

One addition : while examining all prosperities I see 3 Aserai castles start game with 0 prosperity. This is weird we did not notice it for 1 month. It will be also fixed with patch.

_bcXF.png

There are some reports also 1.3x cavalry bonus also damage Sturgia parties in simulations. Will also examine its effects on Sturgia's weakness and give report to teams added that constant.

Why is this information being given out in random forum threads instead of on a sticky post for all to see?? This is the communication problem I am talking about :sad:

Why is this information being given out in random forum threads instead of on a sticky post for all to see?? This is the communication problem I am talking about
He's responding to people in that thread who were discussing that topic. If it gets posted to a sticky in a separate thread then they're only splitting the conversation. Most people by now should know mexxico posts a ton of good info and should just check his posts everyday for something new.

its pointless even saying that, these people think they are owed something, the devs could shut down talewords tomorrow and they wouldn't see one cent back, plus its holidays, yesterday was the weekend, there's a global pandemic and ramadan is going on all at the same time.
I'm gonna repeat myself, some people in these forum as so ****ing entitled its disgusting.

Yeah, they can shut down company tomorrow with the money they earned with uncomplete game.

And 6 million ppl around world will start curse kebab. And every time they will think TW when they see kebab. For sure.

Oh I am only saying about barbecue hehe.

so patience, u already have enough contents to spend time and try several approaches in the game

I'm not one of the people speaking out on TW to hurry, but i disagree with the "enough content" statement. If you have put in 60+ hrs into BL over the past month i'm pretty sure you've seem the limits this game offers and how dry it feels. Unless play through as a bandit, trader, or smith only is what you're saying. In which case imo, id rather play with ants outside.

I'm not one of the people speaking out on TW to hurry, but i disagree with the "enough content" statement. If you have put in 60+ hrs into BL over the past month i'm pretty sure you've seem the limits this game offers and how dry it feels. Unless play through as a bandit, trader, or smith only is what you're saying. In which case imo, id rather play with ants outside.

It's so dry, anyone that has played mods for M&B knows this.

I am entitled. Entitled to the promise of the game I paid for. Entitled to receive regular updates as a result of my patronage. Entitled to the eventuality of a finished product. And as a customer of an early access title, dare I say it, entitled to regular updates with respect to communication (as essentially an investor in the production of a game).
You're entitled to test a game in development, that's all. I don't know where you pulled the rest from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom