Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really are not though. If they stop working on the game there isn't really much you can do about it.

Emmm not exactly, I believe I've received my money back for a few games that were in early access on steam and just closed up shop.

Stomping lands immediately comes to mind, a dinosaur like game with a great premise. A couple months in all communication stopped along with development. Steam refunded me the full price of the game no questions asked when I had like 60 hours into it. There is a precedent for games to not just "stop" development, they can slow down and what not. But I believe even things like Kickstarter demand that companies continue to work on what they promised. See "Chronicles of Elyria" right now for a game that tried to shut down after taking money, realized there could be legal trouble and immediately tried to save their own skin by saying they're still working on the game.

You guys are all delusional if you think TW just took the money and ran! Don't you see what's happened?! After years of milking the Turkish government for those precious subsidies the government has finally come knocking. Erdoğan has stripped them of every kuruş of revenue they've earned from release. TaleWorlds the company actually folded weeks ago, and all of the developers are now at the back of the unemployment line! The government has since hired some guy from Mexico to string us all along with "promises" of what's coming in the next patch, just to keep this cash cow churning.

Someone mentioned that Friday was Turkish Labor Day, but that makes no sense! Why would they celebrate childbirth?! Babies are disgusting!

Wake up and face reality people!

Last edited:
Emmm not exactly, I believe I've received my money back for a few games that were in early access on steam and just closed up shop.

Stomping lands immediately comes to mind, a dinosaur like game with a great premise. A couple months in all communication stopped along with development. Steam refunded me the full price of the game no questions asked when I had like 60 hours into it. There is a precedent for games to not just "stop" development, they can slow down and what not. But I believe even things like Kickstarter demand that companies continue to work on what they promised. See "Chronicles of Elyria" right now for a game that tried to shut down after taking money, realized there could be legal trouble and immediately tried to save their own skin by saying they're still working on the game.
If not legal troubles platforms like Steam or Kickstarter can always take action. There are reasons to finish a game and for gamers to expect what they were sold.

If not legal troubles platforms like Steam or Kickstarter can always take action. There are reasons to finish a game and for gamers to expect what they were sold.

Indeed, usually the platforms games are on will have something to say about it. Then there are lawsuits and such that are more common in north America, but I believe lots of places in Europe have some strict pro-consumer laws on these types of things whereby technically early access is considered somewhat of a pre-order and that has all kinds of different protections. Regardless though, it's always good to keep in mind as a consumer you're not simply at the mercy of the developer deciding to be ****ty, often platforms and publishers want to avoid this kind of bad PR anyway.

Not that I agree or disagree with anything in this thread, just thought I'd point out some inaccuracies posted.

Indeed, usually the platforms games are on will have something to say about it. Then there are lawsuits and such that are more common in north America, but I believe lots of places in Europe have some strict pro-consumer laws on these types of things whereby technically early access is considered somewhat of a pre-order and that has all kinds of different protections. Regardless though, it's always good to keep in mind as a consumer you're not simply at the mercy of the developer deciding to be ****ty, often platforms and publishers want to avoid this kind of bad PR anyway.

Not that I agree or disagree with anything in this thread, just thought I'd point out some inaccuracies posted.
Agreed. I personally think TW has done a great job with updates and early access release.

And that's OK for you? See where 'not treating yourself as an entitled customer' would lead you?

I am not saying that that's OK. I am saying that that's how it works, so you probably don't want to be confrontational when it comes to interacting with the development team. EA is not a country for old men.

This is the first time I hear of something like this, if that's true that would be neat. Still, there's nothing preventing a development team from pushing out a few nominal patches just to prevent this kind of thing. Dark and Light comes to mind.

(regarding Kickstarter, that's actually not that clear: https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/accountability-on-kickstarter. But we are going a little off topic here)

Look people, all I am saying is that there is nothing to be gained from being passive aggressive (and sometimes, honestly, I see people here being just plain aggressive) about how the development is going. The devs are not going to make the game better faster if you scream and yell more on the forum. That's just not how it works.

They are working on it, let them do their job.

I am not saying that that's OK. I am saying that that's how it works, so you probably don't want to be confrontational when it comes to interacting with the development team. EA is not a country for old men.

This is the first time I hear of something like this, if that's true that would be neat. Still, there's nothing preventing a development team from pushing out a few nominal patches just to prevent this kind of thing. Dark and Light comes to mind.

(regarding Kickstarter, that's actually not that clear: https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/accountability-on-kickstarter. But we are going a little off topic here)

Look people, all I am saying is that there is nothing to be gained from being passive aggressive (and sometimes, honestly, I see people here being just plain aggressive) about how the development is going. The devs are not going to make the game better faster if you scream and yell more on the forum. That's just not how it works.

They are working on it, let them do their job.

That's true they can get around it a lot of ways like making minimal updates and still technically working on it, seeing that right now with CoE, but I believe there may also be a class action forming against them so they're scrambling. Regardless though of the link you posted the key part is:

"Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill."

Now that's just kickstarter. But from what I can tell steam probably has some kind of internal agreement with early access publishers that reads along the same lines (even if they don't, many countries have consumer laws that would address it). They wouldn't want their store flooded with projects that never deliver what they promise, for as much of a curse as Early Access has been for the most part many games at least deliver the minimum of what they promised, even if that isn't what people expected, those that haven't usually offer refunds.

Anyway, I don't think Tale Worlds would ever run off with our money and I know they probably have intentions to fulfill their promise of development that they listed in the early access agreement. It's just good for all consumers to keep in mind that these things are products, you are entitled to what is promised, and there can be legal ramifications for failure to deliver on those promises. Whether that be through steam refunds or whatever.

Labor day on Friday and I don't think they work in the weekend. How would we get a patch on Monday? Do some of you think they start working 00:01 at night just to patch on Monday?

They are trying to fix a lot of things and I'm sure you will get a patch soon.

Labor day on Friday and I don't think they work in the weekend. How would we get a patch on Monday? Do some of you think they start working 00:01 at night just to patch on Monday?

Well if we normally get a patch mid-day Friday, I'd assume we'd get one mid-day Monday instead. I think that logic is sound. Yours, however.

OP doesnt care doesnt care, nor do I! Where are the goddamn patches, TW I need them now!

Well if we normally get a patch mid-day Friday, I'd assume we'd get one mid-day Monday instead. I think that logic is sound. Yours, however.

Expect all you want, doesn't mean you will get it. I remember reading from a dev who posted on another thread that they were working on a big patch, so they might be waiting to redo all the perks or something

Yeah, kinda makes you wonder, what that job actually entails. I thought it was communicating with the community here...could be wrong though

Honestly I think he may have just been on vacation or dealing with family stuff or something because it seems like other people have been updating the patch threads for him.

You guys are all delusional if you think TW just took the money and ran! Don't you see what's happened?! After years of milking the Turkish government for those precious subsidies the government has finally come knocking. Erdoğan has stripped them of every kuruş of revenue they've earned from release. TaleWorlds the company actually folded weeks ago, and all of the developers are now at the back of the unemployment line! The government has since hired some guy from Mexico to string us all along with "promises" of what's coming in the next patch, just to keep this cash cow churning.

Someone mentioned that Friday was Turkish Labor Day, but that makes no sense! Why would they celebrate childbirth?! Babies are disgusting!

Wake up and face reality people!
LOL this made me almost spit my drink out from laughing ?, beautifully executed

When TW was releasing a patch/multiple patches a day people complained they were going too fast, now they wait a couple of days to have a big patch with hopefully the complete overhaul of perks, and now people complaing that they left the game and ran with the money?

I can't help but pity the game that made you feel so negative about the world, but Taleworlds isnt like that.

There will be NO big patch what are you thinking?! 1.3 beta = 1.3 stable on Friday

There will be NO big patch what are you thinking?! 1.3 beta = 1.3 stable on Friday

Err, not sure why you are saying this, but okay. You realize there will be a new beta patch when the current beta becomes stable right? So, that can't be a big patch? They also do add in things to the beta patch when it becomes stable so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom