Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the number of people playing is going down, but thats to be expected since most of them played whats there to offer, so maybe people are waiting for some major update...
that's expected, i am one of the people who stopped playing and i have reasons
my pc cant properly handle the game
last beta corrupted my 50 hours save
the game is lacking so much depth and features, at this point i want to preserve my will to play this game for future

They have a community manager, I would like to have his job. Like 10 posts a week shoud be doable even as a side job for me :smile: .

I would even go over the top and could do like 30 posts a week, I am a machine!

Callum´s last activity:

9 posts on Tuesday 28.04

They have a community manager, I would like to have his job. Like 10 posts a week shoud be doable even as a side job for me :smile: .

I would even go over the top and could do like 30 posts a week, I am a machine!

Callum´s last activity:

9 posts on Tuesday 28.04

Yeah, kinda makes you wonder, what that job actually entails. I thought it was communicating with the community here...could be wrong though

We don't need "every other day". Once a week or so should suffice. The last stable patch was 11 days ago, the game is still such buggy mess despite multiple patches (some things even degraded since 1.0 release), lacking even the basic content like perks. We're losing patience.
Lot of other developers havent had that much success with releasing EA title, and i am pretty sure TW knew how hyped the game was, so the sales werent a surprise. Of course when you get so much sales of it, you can expect more demands from the people, and if its not delivered or at least not explained, well then the complains start, at first slowly and then, well its like an avalanche...
I am not sure if you are following the announcements from TW. People are not complaining about no patches coming out EVERY OTHER DAY. TW has promised to do weekly updates with beta branches and later alpha branches. Now we don't see any alpha branches, and there had not been an update for more than a week.
It would be fine if TW comes out and explains what is happening here. Are they enjoying a holiday, which is fine btw? Is there a change of plan? Any new developments that may need more time? Any of these would satisfy a majority of the screaming players. But nothing, radio silent. So I say the complaining sentiments of the community are well justified.
Ok. Fair points. I'm not a fan of roadmaps or fixed schedules for developers as it makes them focus only on specific promises and rushes testing and implementation and that often leads to bugs and halfassed features and fixes.

I dont know why everyone is so mad about a patch not being here every other day they've done a good job updating this game so far. A lot of other developers have gone much longer with much less patches and they still have bigger errors. TW is doing great if you ask me.
its pointless even saying that, these people think they are owed something, the devs could shut down talewords tomorrow and they wouldn't see one cent back, plus its holidays, yesterday was the weekend, there's a global pandemic and ramadan is going on all at the same time.
I'm gonna repeat myself, some people in these forum as so ****ing entitled its disgusting.

its pointless even saying that, these people think they are owed something, the devs could shut down talewords tomorrow and they wouldn't see one cent back, plus its holidays, yesterday was the weekend, there's a global pandemic and ramadan is going on all at the same time.
I'm gonna repeat myself, some people in these forum as so ****ing entitled its disgusting.
Well paying customers are entitled to a product as advertised. But was it advertised as being updated every week?

Well paying customers are entitled to a product as advertised. But was it advertised as being updated every week?
nope, never mentioned anything about the timeline of updates, they could have done a couple of ****ty updates 2 months in and called it a day, they'd still have all the money and these people wouldn't get 1 cent back.

nope, never mentioned anything about the timeline of updates, they could have done a couple of ****ty updates 2 months in and called it a day, they'd still have all the money and these people wouldn't get 1 cent back.
I think that would be fraud or at least probably break some laws. Possibly a lawsuit if a dev did something like that or maybe being barred from using Steam.

I think that would be fraud or at least probably break some laws. Possibly a lawsuit if a dev did something like that or maybe being barred from using Steam.
what laws would it exactly break? they would have updated the game and released it as they saw fit, nothing you can do there, no lawsuit, no nothing, you have no control over what the game is supposed to be, you don't like it? your problem. It's not like they released a 40mb game for 40€, there's enough to justify the price.
p.s. i'm not talking about you specifically by the way.

I agree, they act like they were tricked into buying something, or maybe TW is selling shares along with copies somewhere...

I work as a software developer, I understand that it takes time, that it is not as predictable as people seem to think, you spend a lot of time writing and then testing. Development is not instant noodles, you can't just add hot water wait three minutes and it is ready.

That being said, their communications are lacking. If you are active in the forums you might catch a post from somebody at TW in some thread. We need something official, bad news are better than no news. The lack of any sort of official news is what makes people post threads like this.

They could be working overtime, they could be working weekends, but since nobody says anything, people seem to think they doing nothing or that they abandoned the game. I just can't tell if that is trust issues or they are just projecting their character onto TW.

Last edited:
I agree, they act like they were tricked into buying something, or maybe TW is selling shares along with copies somewhere...

I work as a software developer, I understand that it takes time, that it is not as predictable as people seem to think, you spend a lot of time writing and then testing. Development is not instant noodles, you can't just add hot water wait three minutes and it is ready.

That being said, their communications are lacking. If you are active in the forums you might catch a post from somebody at TW in some thread. We need something official, bad news are better than no news. The lack of any sort of official news is what makes people post threads like this.
Only thing i don't get is why the devblog for the last 3 hotfixes was added and lost in the comments and i think later on edited in the original post, its not like posting costs money or anything, copy-paste everything and add the 4 lines regarding the hotfix at the end of the post.
It might take them 5 minutes max to do that.

what laws would it exactly break? they would have updated the game and released it as they saw fit, nothing you can do there, no lawsuit, no nothing, you have no control over what the game is supposed to be, you don't like it? your problem. It's not like they released a 40mb game for 40€, there's enough to justify the price.
p.s. i'm not talking about you specifically by the way.
If they sold a game as early access on promised features and then closed shop before delivering promised that is basically fraud. Fly by night charlatans operate that way. There are consumer protection laws in some countries that would protect buyers from practices like this. Ubisoft and EA have been in trouble in Australia a few times because of it.

If they sold a game as early access on promised features and then closed shop before delivering promised that is basically fraud. Fly by night charlatans operate that way. There are consumer protection laws in some countries that would protect buyers from practices like this. Ubisoft and EA have been in trouble in Australia a few times because of it.
there's one promised feature completely missing, kingdom and family management, a shallow update with a ****ty system and its done, no fraud.

I am entitled. Entitled to the promise of the game I paid for. Entitled to receive regular updates as a result of my patronage. Entitled to the eventuality of a finished product. And as a customer of an early access title, dare I say it, entitled to regular updates with respect to communication (as essentially an investor in the production of a game).

You really are not though. If they stop working on the game there isn't really much you can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom