Where's the patch, TW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, They have to hire better ppl to sovle the problem, if they can't. And you know they already sold 6 million copy. They have enough resources to do that.

They should just release the source code and the tools they use, I mean they already made a lot of money with the steam sales.

The modders will finish the whole game with the code and the tools in like 3 months. Even without the code/tools they are faster fixing minor stuff. And they don´t even get paid for it.

For me it feels like that only 3-4 people are working on the game. Compare the game now to the launch, I don´t see a lot of improvment.

A long time ago (1-2 years if I remember correctly) there was a dev blog about the banners ingame, still there aren´t no banners. But there was a mod like 1 week after release to add banners. Sure, the physics could be better and they replace the shields, so far from perfect but working. Just one example...

Or let´s talk about the perks, like 90% don´t work. But the community patch (mod) fixes a lot of them. Sure, TW said they are working on a different system but why couldn´t they fix the damn perks which are there right now? Couldn´t be that hard if the modders can fix them.

I just don´t get it. Same goes for unit stats...

Last edited:
WHERE IS THE ROADMAP POST ????

Also your not entitled to annything the game is yet to be fully release since its still in early acces :smile:

I do believe I said at launch on here that EA is just an excuse to release and sell a defective product then never finish it... You know like the other 3000 EA games on steam that never got finished...

Because the market is actually rather tiny? Why bother with making something a few hundred thousand will buy at most when you can repackage last years game with little to no effort, toss in 3 new features and sell 40 million copies?
Exactly. We are lucky to have gotten what we have so far. I've never played anything like this and I'm happy with the progress.

Exactly. We are lucky to have gotten what we have so far. I've never played anything like this and I'm happy with the progress.

I'm not. As I don't give a rats ares for graphics all I actually got was a stripped down and half functional Warband with a janky TES knock off skill system tacked on, and an inferior setting ... for $40.

I wanted gameplay improvements. All I got was shinier graphics to better see how idiotic the AI is and people standing in clumps in towns. If they'd put half as much effort into the gameplay as the did modeling leaves and rocks and designing towns that you'll likely never look at unless you're buying a workshop (which aren't worth the effort) we'd probably have a decent game.

I'm not. As I don't give a rats ares for graphics all I actually got was a stripped down and half functional Warband with a janky TES knock off skill system tacked on, and an inferior setting ... for $40.

I wanted gameplay improvements. All I got was shinier graphics to better see how idiotic the AI is and people standing in clumps in towns.

Play something else and come back when the ea is over.

I wanted gameplay improvements. All I got was shinier graphics to better see how idiotic the AI is and people standing in clumps in towns. If they'd put half as much effort into the gameplay as the did modeling leaves and rocks and designing towns I'll likely never look at unless I'm buying a workshop (which aren't worth the effort) we'd probably have a decent game.

Maybe you will be happy in a year or so. I'd suggest uninstalling and checking back every few months, its probably healthier for you. Good luck!

The thing about EA games.... is EA is never over. They never finish the things. At best they'll remember to remove the EA tag when it stops selling.
That's just not true, I'm not sure if you're spreading misinformation of purpose or just don't know any better.
Here's a list of a few successful EA games that not only had been in EA for quite some time but also were released (just to name a few).
Here are few more click. (list is tad outdated but that should suffice to make my point)

Alright, TW.

Hand over the patch and no one gets hurt.

/s

Waited all weekend to start a new play-through. Holiday's over folks. It's now 12:00 GMT and doesn't look like we're going to get a patch today. Can we get an F in the replies for the state of this game?

I know we've been getting a lot of roadmap posts lately and while I don't think it's unreasonable to expect one, I think a bare minimum bar for communication would be an a community update when we don't get the expected "weekly patch" that was set as an expectation by the dev team.

I'd like to buttress the post with the statements, "No I don't think the game is dead, No I don't think the devs have stopped working on the game, No I don't think the devs took our money and scammed us..."

And, if any devs or community team members are reading this - love the game, have almost 300 hours in it - just excited and impatient to see it improve, and a bit disappointed when we don't get a patch and don't get communication around when to expect the next one.
"hmmm, here, lemme check my pockets"

"Alas, my dog has eaten the patch"

That's just not true, I'm not sure if you're spreading misinformation of purpose or just don't know any better.
Here's a list of a few successful EA games that not only had been in EA for quite some time but also were released (just to name a few).
Wow 7 whole games. that only leaves a few thousand that never got finished.

Also from the VERY link you posted..
A valid criticism of Early Access is that the system is easily exploited by inexperienced developers, many of whom sell their game on a promise, then fail to deliver as the realities of the time and work commitment sink in. Establish a strong premise from the get-go, not just to attract player interest but to maintain your own sense of commitment as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom