Where's the link to the most recent version??!!

Should the main download and description thread denote the most recent version of the mod?

• Yes, it would be nice to not spend dozens of hours playing an old outdated version of the mod.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No because fudge you.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

HunterAlpha1

Sergeant Knight
WTF-ingH is the link to the newest version? For the past several weeks I've been playing F-ing .723! I thought it was all barebones and tihs because it was a fairly recent project! It took lucking out and seeing the main screen for the newer version on the screenshots thread to realize mine wasn't up to date  :evil:

To add insult to wasted hours playing the old version, it took 3 web searches to actually find a download link to 150n! WHY does the pinned thread say, "Download Link and Mod description. Current version is 0.723" WHEN THAT'S NOT THE CURRENT VERSION!!!  :evil: :evil: :evil:

HunterAlpha1 said:
WTF-ingH is the link to the newest version? For the past several weeks I've been playing F-ing .723! I thought it was all barebones and tihs because it was a fairly recent project! It took lucking out and seeing the main screen for the newer version on the screenshots thread to realize mine wasn't up to date  :evil:

To add insult to wasted hours playing the old version, it took 3 web searches to actually find a download link to 150n! WHY does the pinned thread say, "Download Link and Mod description. Current version is 0.723" WHEN THAT'S NOT THE CURRENT VERSION!!!  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well its like this.  I'm not the frigging moderator.  I just make the mod.  The mod USED to be made by Guspav.  Maybe someday it will return to him.  It's not really like I have a right to sit on it when I only added to it.  But I did add to it...  In the meantime, he's off doing Guspav things, like having a family and a life.  I can't unsticky or change the labels of anything he posted.
So you can poll all you want, I can't do squat to change it for you.

But do you feel better for having your hissy fit now?

- GS  is NOT Guspav's Son.
Unfortunately I wasn't his Saviour either.  I'm not even a great-Guspav Surrogate.  I'm just GS. or maybe gs the little.

EDIT:  Notice the LAST post in the thread you referenced shows the correct link for this mod.  So its not exactly like you had no hope of finding it.

Anyway the mod exists mainly for the 20-120 or so people that actually read the forums and apply patches.  i'm aware 10,000 people downloaded it, but most of them gave up quickly or realized it was rough and needed AAA (and dare I mention not free) games  and quickly left.  It's a mixed blessing for me. Nobody sees the mod but also nobody rides me about it either, allowing me time to build/repair/refine it at my own pace and choosing my own priorities.  I really wanted about 300 steady players (aka Spartans), rather than 20,000 Zerg-sies, err Xerxes, but that's a different game/movie/meme.  If you're up for the 2018 mod its good you eventually found it.  If not, well, flame someone that has moderator rights, and maybe it will be worth something someday.

At age 31 you're only slightly past half my age so don't get uppity with me.  On the other hand, there's no age minimum or maximum here -- we're all equally clueless and there's no documentation.  I just have a head start because I do the coding, ergo I make the rules.  Sort of.  In my endless spare time...

Ah I see, would it be possible to get a forum admin to give you moderator powers?

Don't worry about me not being up for it; I must confess that I got a little bit of a chub when I finally found the current version  :grin:

As awesome a mod as it is, there ought to be a lot more than 120 people playing it on the reg. I imagine there are probably a lot more forum lurkers than you think.

Overall, now that I'm all up to date, I'll definitely be playing this mod regularly.

HunterAlpha1 said:
Ah I see, would it be possible to get a forum admin to give you moderator powers?

Don't worry about me not being up for it; I must confess that I got a little bit of a chub when I finally found the current version  :grin:

As awesome a mod as it is, there ought to be a lot more than 120 people playing it on the reg. I imagine there are probably a lot more forum lurkers than you think.

Overall, now that I'm all up to date, I'll definitely be playing this mod regularly.

OK but make sure you're at N6 now...

I'm at N5, do I need to start a new game?

Also, could you provide a link?

Nvm, finally figured out the page where you release your updates, as I'm sure you can tell I'm not the sharpest knife on the chandelier  :grin:

HunterAlpha1 said:
I'm at N5, do I need to start a new game?

Also, could you provide a link?

Nvm, finally figured out the page where you release your updates, as I'm sure you can tell I'm not the sharpest knife on the chandelier  :grin:

No you don't need to restart games with my updates.  Or, it hasn't been necessary for the last 30 or so updates; if it were I'd tell you.
  I usually mark updates as "hot patch"  (meaning no restart required) .  If a restart is needed I'll mark it with a new version NUMBER (no longer 150).
The last time a restart was needed was 150 D, which B -> D  misaligned save game and so subtly corrupted everything in progress, then fixing it back D -> E
so it was aligned once again for B was the second restart for some people already restarted under D.  Everything past that has been correctly aligned to B data model.

Hot patches usually have a timer driven check for some secret handshake I've hidden in the latest version so that within 24 game hours it wakes up and does whatever is needed to adjust your in progress game to match the game as if it was just now made from a fresh start  with the latest patch.  Its actually a fair amount of added work but it is a nice feature.  I manage to control global variables, which every time one is added or removed corrupts savegame.  As this is not my first mod, I've learned what does and does not destroy saves and adapted my practices accordingly.

Darnaran said:
Can i get a patch link? I only have N2 from moddb full release.

Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer too, so take pity on me please
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194/?tab=files

Back
Top Bottom