Users who are viewing this thread

So at any given time via steam hubs/stats you can see Bannerlord as a whole has about 13,000 players on average concurrently.

At the same time It's practically impossible to find a game on multiplayer,
ignoring the occasional 30-50 players spread apart between two servers at the custom browser.
I suppose lets be generous and put aside another few hundred to thousand players playing Bannerlord Online.

Are you all really playing singleplayer? Are there sufficient mods already to lock everyone in with enough re-playability?
As a Warband veteran I really want to believe in Bannerlord, multiple chances at that but I am aware of the current custom server situation.
Even then ... I'd hope that native bannerlord should hold it's own like its predecessor or at the very least much better than this.

Are TaleWorlds really attempting to speedrun their game into it's own demise?
Guidance to any alive hubs of actual people playing together, whatever it be would be much appreciated. (Anything Warband style really)

TL;DR:
WHY CAN'T I FIND A GAME WHERE Y'ALL AT?
IS THERE SOME SECRET MULTIPLAYER ORGANIZATION HIDDEN FROM THE PUBLIC?
Clans/Communities/Events/Gamenights/Competitive/Roleplay/Mods/Pickups/Whatever?

Current state of multiplayer is: unplayable due to performance drop. I would play otherwise, and probably some others too. I uninstalled bannerlord, and will reinstall after next patch to check if multiplayer is working or not.

Current state of multiplayer is: unplayable due to performance drop. I would play otherwise, and probably some others too. I uninstalled bannerlord, and will reinstall after next patch to check if multiplayer is working or not.
Can you elaborate? I suppose i'm not experiencing this
So is this the situation since last patch?
3080Ti + 12700K

I think it s all about server side, servers keep crashing middle of the game.
I see, although I think I experienced this only at the browser servers (with the high playercounts) and not at the 6v6 skirmishes which I barely-can't find games for. Depressing either way in contrast to the unlimited opportunities of then-Warband

I see, although I think I experienced this only at the browser servers (with the high playercounts) and not at the 6v6 skirmishes which I barely-can't find games for. Depressing either way in contrast to the unlimited opportunities of then-Warband
Queue-modes (Captain, Skirmish) are dead because they made them ranked with no real punishment for leaving the game before it starts, which people then promptly abused in case they didn't like their chances. Thing is, if one person quits before warmup ends, everyone is booted back to the lobby. Also crashes lol.

Other modes (TDM, Siege) have massive stutters (on any hardware) that makes them very unenjoyable, tho there are still people playing.

That leaves us with... Duel lol. But that has also been crashing.

Thing is, if one person quits before warmup ends, everyone is booted back to the lobby. Also crashes lol.
Other modes (TDM, Siege) have massive stutters (on any hardware) that makes them very unenjoyable.
That leaves us with... Duel lol. But that has also been crashing.
It's incredibly disappointing how not only it's major performance issues but also lackluster design choices that kill this experience from it's root.
People really only asked for custom servers and a working product really, the competitive and queue thing are cool modern touches but have proved to fall short aswell with their current execution two years ago.

For a game that made 1000v1000 battles possible a simple 20 player lobby can die for some reason is for sure an ironic achilles heel for the whole saga.
(Which birthed many still-alive communities and even subgenres of games that started with it's own concept and platform years ago.)

Oh but really fix your servers and game-breaking crashes at top priority jesus christ, who leads this snail-train of development roadmap? Because it feels there isn't one at all and devs go on at their own pace fixing/creating what each of them wants/cares about more like some open university instead of a cohesive team with goals.

Last edited:
Yea but ~95% of players only in Singleplayer? I really doubt this number
Then again I might be wrong.:confused:
That's pretty close, even when Warband MP was at its peak about 90% of the players at any given time were in SP. That's the one place where M&B remains largely unchallenged on the market. People who want their multiplayer medieval melee fix have more choices now, and for many they scratch the itch even if they're not as technical or clean as Warband. It's not surprising that SP attracts the most players.

Especially given the state that MP has been in.

Most M&B players have literally never even opened multiplayer.
I have 2500+ hours in Bannerlord (modded), and I have never started MP part. There is a lot of other low depth MP games out there to play. I'm here for the RP, battles that I will remember and long term immersion.

I really enjoyed Warband MP but only played it like for 10 hours or so. I tried Bannerlord MP but only for an hour. It wasn´t bad and I´ll try it again in the future (from what I´ve read her it must be in a pretty bad spot at the moment).

Mount and Blade always was a SP game for me that offers also a nice to have MP feature. But even without MP I would have bought it (back then when I though TW does know what they´re doing).

the problem with multiplayer is that it's not very accesable for the majority of players.
i tried multiplayer several times and if it was not the lag or someone elses lag which was killing me, then it was a guy weirdly spinning around like crazy and comming along with all different types of feints, blocks and so on.

that's overall not very inviting, even if the majority of the multiplayers community is very friendly and helpful, it isnt really attractive if the main movement depends on wiggling around like crazy.

Last edited:
i tried multiplayer several times and if it was not the lag or someone elses leg which was killing me, then it was a guy weirdly spinning around like crazy and comming along with all different types of feints, blocks and so on.
That was also an issue for me, I started very late with Warband. When I entered MP it feels like that like 90% of all players have like 500+ hours in MP and master every MP "system" (feints and stuff). And yea, that weird spinning move just looked stupid.

Still had some fun though.

Id also say a lot of the people who enjoy SP with a bit of MP have gone over to Bannerlord Online, the mmo mod. I use to play vanilla MP but once BO dropped i just go on there to get my MP fix.

Back
Top Bottom